2020 dining plan changes- game changer! DxDP - any plan changes or credit sharing issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, can anyone confirm what prints out on the actual receipts from the restaurants? I was under the impression that they didn’t have a “child quick service credit” button on the register.

Does anyone think this new change here on January 1st has anything to do with the rumored drop of free dining tomorrow, January 2nd?

ETA: I have not been following free dining rumors. I only remember reading about the rumored drop somewhere on the internet recently.
Maybe, or maybe it's just that today is the first day of a different year (so the today being the 15th anniversary of the DDP).

i haven’t seen any updates if sharing w people not on the plan is an issue. Just keep that in mind.
I always share my dining credits and as far as I know, the policy has not changed. I even e-mail Disney not that long ago when some wer telling me it wasn't allowed lol. I again just sent another email to make sure nothing has changed and hopefully I'll report back with something in a few days. This was Sent to me in my last email to them

Attachments

• received_975953649430998.jpeg
    received_975953649430998.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 122
i haven’t seen any updates if sharing w people not on the plan is an issue. Just keep that in mind.
I always share my dining credits and as far as I know, the policy has not changed. I even emailed Disney back in March when some were telling me it wasn't allowed lol. I again just sent another email to make sure nothing has changed and hopefully I'll report back with something in a few days. This was Sent to me in my last email to them

Attachments

• received_975953649430998.jpeg
    received_975953649430998.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 23
I always share my dining credits and as far as I know, the policy has not changed. I even emailed Disney back in March when some were telling me it wasn't allowed lol. I again just sent another email to make sure nothing has changed and hopefully I'll report back with something in a few days. This was Sent to me in my last email to them

You will be able to share, but you won’t be able to use a child credit for an adult. That’s the key distinction with closing the loophole.

If it does drop tomorrow, when did they become active? Like book now for trips August?
Yes I remember it was August and September and I believe some June and July but I could be wrong, I booked 1/2/19 for early September but do remember that August was an option.

Okay correct me if I am wrong because I am just trying to follow this new info. We dont know for sure this is being enforced yet right? It could just be showing separate on the app? For instance in November when they scanned our band on deluxe they knew we had two adults a one child. It was still no problem to pay for 4 adults. Could it be that this is just for you to keep up with on the app?

Okay correct me if I am wrong because I am just trying to follow this new info. We dont know for sure this is being enforced yet right? It could just be showing separate on the app? For instance in November when they scanned our band on deluxe they knew we had two adults a one child. It was still no problem to pay for 4 adults. Could it be that this is just for you to keep up with on the app?

They didn't separate child's and adults entitlements until today (January 1, 2020). I can't imagine it wouldn't be enforced, but I'm not 100%.

I was thinking the same thing. No reports of anything being enforced, what the receipts show after checkout, only what the app looks like. I wonder if it is just an update to the app?

In November, the deluxe dining plan combined all credits. The magic band showed two adults and one child. But your credits just showed on your plan as (3 credits x 3 people). Now the dining plan shows : (3 adult credits x 2 people and 3 credits x one child).

An adult meal will not be,able to use a child credit. You could pay for 4 adults using 4 adult credits. (Unless Disney decided that only people on the dining plan can use the credits. Disney rules always state "subject to change at any time".)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter