2020 dining plan changes- game changer! DxDP - any plan changes or credit sharing issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...I booked bounceback in August for free dining. The price is really high as we need 2 rooms and the entire party is considered an adult. I have us booked at Pop and upgraded to the regular dining plan. I am not thrilled with Pop but hoping the skyliner will open up the entertainment options for non park days. We like to stay at POR or BC. We are typically a party of 5 but we are celebrating our daughters 16th birthday and she is bringing a friend so our party is now 6 adults. The agent put 2 adults in one room and 4 in the opposite room. I was questioning this but now I am thinking I should downgrade the room of 4 to quick service dining and upgrade the party of 2 to deluxe dining. There are only 3 sit down restaurants that we are interested in. I think this will work and it will save $1200. Any issues with this?

Wonder if kids quick service credit still count towards 3 snack credits. If they do that will become a even more popular option to get 3x $5 to $6 snacks instead of a $7 kids meal

I Saw that this changed too. adult qs = 3 snacks. Child QS = 1 snack. This was posted by someone currently in WDW and checked in yesterday. I can’t confirm, but they were the poster with screenshots of the current credit breakdown.

Okay...I booked bounceback in August for free dining. The price is really high as we need 2 rooms and the entire party is considered an adult. I have us booked at Pop and upgraded to the regular dining plan. I am not thrilled with Pop but hoping the skyliner will open up the entertainment options for non park days. We like to stay at POR or BC. We are typically a party of 5 but we are celebrating our daughters 16th birthday and she is bringing a friend so our party is now 6 adults. The agent put 2 adults in one room and 4 in the opposite room. I was questioning this but now I am thinking I should downgrade the room of 4 to quick service dining and upgrade the party of 2 to deluxe dining. There are only 3 sit down restaurants that we are interested in. I think this will work and it will save $1200. Any issues with this?
Totally did my math wrong. I think I dropped days or something. Anyhow, it would save about $100 but I would gain QS credits.

We are here now. Doing a split stay with a check in to our second hotel on Jan 1st. We are on the deluxe dining plan. This is all true and being strictly enforced! Caught us totally off guard! We have a 9 yo with food allergies who is used to being able to order an adult sized hamburger patty. The child size portion is pitiful for an older child! We are having to supplement his meals with snack credits. We were also planning an adult only meal at a Signature and now without the credits all pooled, it totally messed that up. No refund available as we didn’t know of the changes until we had already used the plan. This will probably be our last time getting a dining plan. It was more for convince before and now it is just stressful keeping track of it all! The only time I would maybe consider doing now would be once my son is 10 and just doing for a split stay with a reservation of a night or two, mostly to get the mugs. The value is just gone for us otherwise.

Technically the plan is now exactly as it is sold. Except of course for everyone that follows this topic of course

total disruption of your plans, I am sure. If you can, can you find out if you can trade a child credit for a snack?

I’m also curious if a child on deluxe dining can order an adult appetizer or an adult dessert? Or was doing this a part of the loophole as well? I will be very disappointed if the only options my son has are carrots sticks for an appetizer 😑

I’m also curious if a child on deluxe dining can order an adult appetizer or an adult dessert? Or was doing this a part of the loophole as well? I will be very disappointed if the only options my son has are carrots sticks for an appetizer 😑

your child is limited to strictly child menu options now, for every dining level from qs to signature, w every plan type.

lots and lots of grapes and carrot sticks in his future

We are here now. Doing a split stay with a check in to our second hotel on Jan 1st. We are on the deluxe dining plan. This is all true and being strictly enforced! Caught us totally off guard! We have a 9 yo with food allergies who is used to being able to order an adult sized hamburger patty. The child size portion is pitiful for an older child! We are having to supplement his meals with snack credits. We were also planning an adult only meal at a Signature and now without the credits all pooled, it totally messed that up. No refund available as we didn’t know of the changes until we had already used the plan. This will probably be our last time getting a dining plan. It was more for convince before and now it is just stressful keeping track of it all! The only time I would maybe consider doing now would be once my son is 10 and just doing for a split stay with a reservation of a night or two, mostly to get the mugs. The value is just gone for us otherwise.

Sorry for the bad news, but thank you for confirming the changes.

Wondering if a CHILD deluxe credit can be exchanged for 3 snacks too? At $47 per day this would get 11 snacks for approx 4.27.

Wondering if a CHILD deluxe credit can be exchanged for 3 snacks too? At $47 per day this would get 11 snacks for approx 4.27.

I don't see how that would work. Someone noted earlier that a child QS meal credit now = 1 snack credit, and since the deluxe doesn't differentiate between TS and QS it stands to reason that a child credit on deluxe would also = 1 snack credit.

I was thinking the same thing. No reports of anything being enforced, what the receipts show after checkout, only what the app looks like. I wonder if it is just an update to the app?
It is being enforced at QS. Someone tried at Casey's and they could not use a child credit at all because they have no kids meals. The CM tried ringing the guest up, but the system would not allow the CM to do so.

They should go straight to guest services. That is unacceptable it's not their fault they dont offer kids meals.

It's totally acceptable. Casey's isn't the only eating option in MK just one that doesn't have kids menu options. Just because people were able to exploit a loophole previously doesn't make it worthy of a guest complaint when they are able to enforce the existing rules.

They should go straight to guest services. That is unacceptable it's not their fault they dont offer kids meals.
It's totally acceptable. Casey's isn't the only eating option in MK just one that doesn't have kids menu options. Just because people were able to exploit a loophole previously doesn't make it worthy of a guest complaint when they are able to enforce the existing rules.
Let's all just take a step back and not have this thread turn into a series of accusations and arguments 😀 I get that this is the DIS and that's what we're supposed to do and all but maybe this thread could be different 😜

My feeling on the matter, I think a child that wants a hot dog should be able to use their QS meal on a hot dog. If this report is true, Disney may want to address the matter because to my knowledge, there is no QS kids meal hot dog available at the entire park. Lunching Pad, Casey's and Cosmic Rays all have them as adult meals though. Perhaps Disney should add a kids hot dog to these menus or simply allow a child to order a plain hot dog using their QS meal.

I also don't feel that it's my place to tell somebody what they should/shouldn't be upset about. If this is truly important to somebody and they feel that they've been misled, they certainly have the right to voice that concern at guest services and Disney is in control of that outcome. I'm also not sure that ordering a hot dog at Casey's rises to the level of loophole exploitation.

Let's all just take a step back and not have this thread turn into a series of accusations and arguments 😀 I get that this is the DIS and that's what we're supposed to do and all but maybe this thread could be different 😜

My feeling on the matter, I think a child that wants a hot dog should be able to use their QS meal on a hot dog. If this report is true, Disney may want to address the matter because to my knowledge, there is no QS kids meal hot dog available at the entire park. Lunching Pad, Casey's and Cosmic Rays all have them as adult meals though. Perhaps Disney should add a kids hot dog to these menus or simply allow a child to order a plain hot dog using their QS meal.

I also don't feel that it's my place to tell somebody what they should/shouldn't be upset about. If this is truly important to somebody and they feel that they've been misled, they certainly have the right to voice that concern at guest services and Disney is in control of that outcome. I'm also not sure that ordering a hot dog at Casey's rises to the level of loophole exploitation.
Well, either this is intentional or an oversight. Whatever the thinking, it would be helpful to know for planning purposes.
Hopefully someone who asks the question about child's meals/QS at guest services will report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter