4 Crazy Limeys do laundry....

I thought the same as your inlaws before we went the first time, and we actually only spent about a half day there that trip, but we came away saying we didn't get NEARLY enough time there. In December, we were there probably 2 1/2 days, still didn't get to see/do everything we wanted to. And I drink, but generally not in the park, TOO pricey! I am currently planning to do an open to close on our Epcot day, MAYBE with a break in the afternoon....and a 1/2 day as well... I'd do more, but I'm trying not to get park hoppers this trip, so want to maximize my time a little better, LOL

I thought the same as your inlaws before we went the first time, and we actually only spent about a half day there that trip, but we came away saying we didn't get NEARLY enough time there. In December, we were there probably 2 1/2 days, still didn't get to see/do everything we wanted to. And I drink, but generally not in the park, TOO pricey! I am currently planning to do an open to close on our Epcot day, MAYBE with a break in the afternoon....and a 1/2 day as well... I'd do more, but I'm trying not to get park hoppers this trip, so want to maximize my time a little better, LOL

We (me and David) have APs but no one else does, so i think we are just going to let everyone do what they want and meet up for dinner.

yep, sounds like a good plan. I could literally spend days wandering around world showcase, so I completely get that, but I think people sometimes see it as not having as many ride type attractions.

yep, sounds like a good plan. I could literally spend days wandering around world showcase, so I completely get that, but I think people sometimes see it as not having as many ride type attractions.
That is the reason that I thought my mil would EPCOT since she does not do rides. I just don't understand her.

I don't get her either, then. We do like the rides, too, but I love wandering the shops and the exhibits for the countries.

I don't get her either, then. We do like the rides, too, but I love wandering the shops and the exhibits for the countries.

She is 68 and her Husband is 75, but they don't seem to go together, she is high spirited and always on the move and loves to travel, but since they have been married, (July 2010) she always says stuff like "Monty does not like that or Monty does not want to see that, Monty does not sweets) I told her last Sunday that she needs to be concerned with what she likes and not his dislikes all the time... She just laughed, but I meant it.....

It is like she just rolled over and gave up everything for him.

I need to work on her more.

So I changed my reservations, now we are coming in on 5/29 and flying out on 6/3. T was already in the loop on that, we could get All Star Music for the full time that way, and it saves us something like $1200 to do those dates vs the original ones. I am disappointed that I won't get to meet Mary, though!

Also, yesterday I talked to Pat @ GF bakery and ordered the birthday cake for Catie's birthday dinner, we went with an 8" chocolate cake with bavarian creme filling and sliced strawberries, with vanilla buttercream frosting tinted lime green, and the castle topper on top, and Happy 11th Birthday, Catie. Brandi, she is only charging me $52 for that cake with the topper (which is white chocolate, but I'm not betting Catie eats it!). I didn't think that was bad. She did say that with fondant it would be $77 minimum.

So I changed my reservations, now we are coming in on 5/29 and flying out on 6/3. T was already in the loop on that, we could get All Star Music for the full time that way, and it saves us something like $1200 to do those dates vs the original ones. I am disappointed that I won't get to meet Mary, though!

Also, yesterday I talked to Pat @ GF bakery and ordered the birthday cake for Catie's birthday dinner, we went with an 8" chocolate cake with bavarian creme filling and sliced strawberries, with vanilla buttercream frosting tinted lime green, and the castle topper on top, and Happy 11th Birthday, Catie. Brandi, she is only charging me $52 for that cake with the topper (which is white chocolate, but I'm not betting Catie eats it!). I didn't think that was bad. She did say that with fondant it would be $77 minimum.

Kristi,

I think that is a great price.... Please take lots of pictures!:woohoo:

Not to worry, Brandi, Rick is a picture taking fiend, as are the kids with their camera phones, LOL. So I'm sure we'll have several pics. I am SO excited for this trip. Rick and I were talking last night about how we are springing the surprise on Catie, since originally we were pulling her from school, etc.

Isn't it exciting? 3 weeks from Sunday we'll be in the air almost to DFW for our connection there on our way down. We fly out at 8am, get into Orlando at 4pm, but got an awesome price on the flight, somehow knowing I have the flight down makes it seem SO much closer. I called this morning and got the flight info added to the ME so that's done as well.

Isn't it exciting? 3 weeks from Sunday we'll be in the air almost to DFW for our connection there on our way down. We fly out at 8am, get into Orlando at 4pm, but got an awesome price on the flight, somehow knowing I have the flight down makes it seem SO much closer. I called this morning and got the flight info added to the ME so that's done as well.

Glad you got a great flight :woohoo:
I think I got ours too far in advance, the excitement wore off before the trip arrived...:guilty:

But the clock helps me, 21 days is tangible, I can "see" three weeks, less than a month...

So we should all be in count down mode right?

8 days for me..... I am so ready to blow this joint... :3dglasses

9 days for me, and my stay got extended in Florida. For any who haven't already heard, I accepted a position at the mill in Tampa FL with my company (ConAgra), so will be moving to Tampa, looking like sometime around the end of June timeframe. They are renting me a car on 6/3 and getting me a hotel in Tampa for 6/3-6/10 so I can be there and do some training. The current plan is Rick and the kids will stay till Tuesday, and then fly home, as we'll have to get him back to work, while I will stay until Saturday morning probably and fly home then on the company's dime, instead of my own.

9 days for me, and my stay got extended in Florida. For any who haven't already heard, I accepted a position at the mill in Tampa FL with my company (ConAgra), so will be moving to Tampa, looking like sometime around the end of June timeframe. They are renting me a car on 6/3 and getting me a hotel in Tampa for 6/3-6/10 so I can be there and do some training. The current plan is Rick and the kids will stay till Tuesday, and then fly home, as we'll have to get him back to work, while I will stay until Saturday morning probably and fly home then on the company's dime, instead of my own.

:thumbsup2 oh wow, not I have a place to stay when I come down to cruise huh?

Seriously congratulations on the move with the job. Hope it is what you wanted.

Thanks, Brandi. We are super excited about it, but boy is it going to be fast. Rick is still freaking out cause he doesn't have a job and all, and I don't blame him, it definitely makes a person nervous, but it does get us where we want to be, so totally worth doing.

Cool!
Hopefully you will have some time to check out neighborhoods/schools/houses while you are there.
Thanks, Brandi. We are super excited about it, but boy is it going to be fast. Rick is still freaking out cause he doesn't have a job and all, and I don't blame him, it definitely makes a person nervous, but it does get us where we want to be, so totally worth doing.

Yeah...I think Brian would totally freak. The cost of living is lower in FL than it is here, but he is the main breadwinner...there is no way we could survive anywhere on my salary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter