5th Gate at WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not available, because they already re-purposed the Ellen figure as the Trump figure at Hall of Presidents.
I knew it looked too feminine!!! Please don’t take to be political everyone but thinking about his animatronic and Ellen’s I see a huge resemblence

It's not available, because they already re-purposed the Ellen figure as the Trump figure at Hall of Presidents.

While the Trump animatronic looks odd, as do many of the Presidents when viewed closely, the most important part was not recycled from Ellen. Ellen's head and clothes were part of the May Disneyana auction. The body, however, was not included.

If you like aggressive coasters be sure to try out Cedar Point. Universal's coasters don't come anywhere close to the intensity those ones have, and Cedar Point is pretty cheap. I paid $100 total per person for Park admission and line skipping last time I went.

I would love if Disney tried out a thrill park. There really aren't any heavily themed thrill parks.

So at one time, Six Flags was considering building a theme park in Central Florida. I wonder if that is still a possibility?

I really enjoyed Cedar Point as, to your point, the coasters were/are fantastic.

So at one time, Six Flags was considering building a theme park in Central Florida. I wonder if that is still a possibility?

I really enjoyed Cedar Point as, to your point, the coasters were/are fantastic.

I think the only place Six Flags is building new parks these days is in China. I don't think they have any U.S. new park plans, though they have purchased several, mainly water parks, and several other parks have expansions or new coasters being built on pretty much an annual basis.

I think the only place Six Flags is building new parks these days is in China. I don't think they have any U.S. new park plans, though they have purchased several, mainly water parks, and several other parks have expansions or new coasters being built on pretty much an annual basis.

There have been rumors for a Spring Hill/Hernando location for years, but I didn't put much credibility into it. (http://springhillcourier.com/2014/0...ms-plans-for-spring-hill-park-to-open-in-2018). Then our local county churned the rumor mill with tax incentives, etc. to potentially lure a Six Flags investment nearly a decade ago.

But, the statement from Six Flags is that the markets are already covered in the U.S. (https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...s-execs-squash-talks-of-possible-orlando.html). It sounds like the door is not completely shut, but highly unlikely for a Florida based theme park.

While, I'm not sure adding a 5th gate Intense Thrill Park at this point would necessarily be a net plus for Disney, I DO think it would deliver QUITE a blow to Universal.

before they decided to put Star Wars in DHS, my thought for 5th gate would be Adventure or Super Hero - so do Star Wars, whatever Marvel they could, Incredibles, Indiana Jones, Big Hero 6 - stuff like that

And I would see it skewing a tad older - so not super intense rollercoasters that are going for that late Teen crowd, but definitely more fun thrills

I feel that if anyone of us was the CEO of Disney and could make the park building decisions without paying attention to the research the economics and the feasibility, WDW would prob not only have a 5th gate but possibly a 6th and a 7th. Because well we love Disney and there are all kinds of great Ideas for another Disney theme park. Its fun to dream people.

The Toy Story parking lot.
The Toy Story parking lot has about 5750 spaces. Parking spaces are 9x18", on average in the U.S. That works out to 931,500 square feet. That is 21.5 acres. To put that in perspective, Disneyland is 85 acres, and DCA is 72 acres. The smallest Disney park is Walt Disney Studios in Paris, at 62 acres. So the Toy Story parking lot only gets you 1/3 of the way to the smallest Disney park.

The Cast Member lot adjacent to Toy Story looks maybe 2/3rds the size? So that would get you another 12 or 14 acres. Maybe halfway there? Then you need to start buying developments on Hester and Katella and Harbour. That's going to get expensive fast.

Since there is no credible rumor or news here and this is all speculation I’m closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter