A Disney-addicted mom plans a trip in August, 2010! *New pics #574*

So I switched to Chefs de France but now I'm re-thinking that again. Maybe I should try Marrakesh? It gets mixed reviews but that seems like it may be due to the food being unusual more than it being bad. Any thoughts?

Amanda

Here are my issues with my ADRs:

Rose and Crown? Maybe not the best choice, food-wise? Would Chefs de France be better? Has anyone eaten in Morocco? Other suggestions (that are convenient to BCV)?

I was thinking that the Cape May Cafe breakfast would be the morning after Fantasmic! so I made the meal a little later (8am instead of 7:30am). Now that it's not the "morning after" should I make the ADR earlier?

Is 8:30am too late for the Princess breakfast? Should I make that earlier? Or will we appreciate a later start at that point in our trip?

Amanda

We really enjoy Rose and Crown!! 8:30 I think would be great for Akershus. EP-WS does not open until after EP-FW does so by the time you are done eating, WS will be opening soon or you will be able to go back up to EP-FW.

I would go to Marrakesh in a heartbeat if my family would go for it. Look at the menu and see if you think the food appeals to you. http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Now you have me leaning towards Marrakesh. My DH is definitely willing to eat there (he's even excited about it) and it seems that there is enough that the kids will eat.

We really enjoy Rose and Crown!! 8:30 I think would be great for Akershus. EP-WS does not open until after EP-FW does so by the time you are done eating, WS will be opening soon or you will be able to go back up to EP-FW.

I'm thinking we'll try the counter service place in Great Britain instead of the TS. Glad you think 8:30am is a good choice!

I'm still a little bummed that I couldn't get Mama Melrose or Le Cellier. Not horribly bummed, but a bit amazed that it's *that* hard to get those reservations! I guess you have to book them for the end of a longer trip?

Amanda

Now you have me leaning towards Marrakesh. My DH is definitely willing to eat there (he's even excited about it) and it seems that there is enough that the kids will eat.

I'll just have to eat there vicariously through you! :rotfl:

I'll just have to eat there vicariously through you! :rotfl:

If we eat there, I'll give you a full report! :thumbsup2

Remember how I mentioned that there is a conference at BC in April? My boss totally said I could go if I wanted! OMG!!! Now it sounds awesome to just up and go but it's not that easy.

The conference is all day on a Sunday. Which means I could go to Orlando for a long weekend. But:

1. DH and I were planning a night in Atlantic City for his birthday (which is the week before the conference). I can't leave the kids twice in a short period of time. DH could come with me to FL but...

2. What do I do with the kids? Bring them? Who will watch them all day Sunday while I'm at the conference? DH won't really be able to handle 3 kids by himself. If I go alone, I'll basically have to leave NY on Saturday afternoon and fly home Sunday night. That's no fun! If DH goes with me, we have to figure out what to do with the kids. If we bring the kids it'll be expensive and we still need help on Sunday. I don't have great childcare options on the weekends. Our nanny can stay over for a week night deal but the weekends are hard.

3. Should I make this a family weekend and have my parents come along to help? If they're willing? I could miss most of Friday at work and all day Monday. I don't really want my eldest missing too much more school (he missed 3 days in December for a Disney trip) but we could leave Friday afternoon and he'd really just miss Monday.

What to do????

Amanda

PS I really want to figure this out so I can go!!!

Would the nanny be willing to come to Florida if she knew she'd have free time except for Sunday when you have your meetings?

Would the nanny be willing to come to Florida if she knew she'd have free time except for Sunday when you have your meetings?

Probably not worth the cost. We'd need a 2nd hotel room. The airfare isn't terrible but it's not cheap either. The cost of a 2nd room plus paying for her plane tickets, park tickets, and paying her would be $1000+. And I'd have to pay for airfare and park tickets for the kids. That really adds up.

It might be more sensible for us to leave Friday morning and come home Sunday night. The kids are at school all day Friday. Saturday morning they have some activities. We could send the nanny home Sunday evening. We'd only have 1.5 days in the park but who cares? Assuming I can arrange childcare in NY (and leave the kids home)...

Amanda

I'm thinking we'll try the counter service place in Great Britain instead of the TS. Glad you think 8:30am is a good choice!

I'm still a little bummed that I couldn't get Mama Melrose or Le Cellier. Not horribly bummed, but a bit amazed that it's *that* hard to get those reservations! I guess you have to book them for the end of a longer trip?

Amanda

The CS in GB is our backup if we cannot get into Rose and Crown. MM--I wonder if people are wising up with F! only be offered a few times a week at most most weeks, that it is difficult to get seating now. With the packages, it is the only sure fire way to get them. That would be my guess anyways? :confused3 Le Cellier is one of the most in demand restaurant in the entire World. I want to say the UG ranked it right up there with CRT--just slightly less difficult to obtain the ADR.

The CS in GB is our backup if we cannot get into Rose and Crown. MM--I wonder if people are wising up with F! only be offered a few times a week at most most weeks, that it is difficult to get seating now. With the packages, it is the only sure fire way to get them. That would be my guess anyways? :confused3 Le Cellier is one of the most in demand restaurant in the entire World. I want to say the UG ranked it right up there with CRT--just slightly less difficult to obtain the ADR.

I think that Mama Melrose is probably the 1st choice for the F! package, too. The choices seem somewhat limited to begin with and I wouldn't use 2 TS credits for a 4:30pm dinner....
I knew Le Cellier would be the hardest of the ADRs. I'm not really upset that we couldn't get it - just a bit surprised! To be perfectly honest we could have gotten a ressie for Le Cellier - at 4:30pm or 8:30pm. Neither was acceptable to me. We are eating dinner at 4:30 for the F! package but generally speaking my kids do better if we keep them to a "normal" schedule. I also have the advantage of living in NY and having access to lots of fabulous restaurants. The Epcot restaurants are good but we have places that are just as good or better near us! (I don't mean that in a snotty way but I know that if we lived further from a major city, I'd care more about getting nice meals on vacation.)

Amanda

I'm going to talk to my nanny/parents and see if anyone is willing to take the kids for that weekend in April. I really want to go to the conference for career-building. The fact that's it's at Disney is a huge plus! :thumbsup2

Amanda

I'm going to talk to my nanny/parents and see if anyone is willing to take the kids for that weekend in April. I really want to go to the conference for career-building. The fact that's it's at Disney is a huge plus! :thumbsup2

Amanda

Good luck! I hope it works out! :goodvibes

Taking time off of planning my August trip to plan my potential April trip!

My parents said they'd take the big kids and my nanny said she'd be happy to take the little one. Now the biggest obstacle is DH. I don't know why he isn't excited about a weekend in Florida but he's not sure about it. :rolleyes:

I've researched flights and we're a bit limited in terms of what's affordable and practical. My flight will be paid for but we'd have to pay for his flight. We could potentially fly down separately but I'll have to look into that a bit. Assuming we fly together, we'd leave NY on Friday afternoon and return late on Sunday night. The conference is at Y&BC and I don't know which resort we'd get. I don't know if you get a choice. If I could choose, I'd choose YC because we're staying at BCV in August. And it seems like YC is a little more "adult" than BC and we wouldn't have kids.

Friday evening we might have time for a late dinner - probably somewhere along the boardwalk. It looks like I could get a late ressie for Yachtsman if I wanted. Otherwise we could get sushi at Kimono's or grab a burger at Big River Grille. Saturday I'd like to go to Epcot, especially since it's the Flower and Garden Festival. My DH isn't convince but I'm working on that! Saturday night we could eat in Epcot if we decide to get park tickets. I was thinking maybe we'd splurge and eat at either Bistro de Paris or the other Japanese restaurant (Tokyo something or other?).

Sunday I'll be at conference all day. I offered to try to get Tom a tee time if he wants to play golf. Or he could get a spa treatment. Or hang out at the pool. If it were me, I'd consider a half-day at a park (Epcot or DHS, due to location), but I doubt he'd go alone. As soon as the conference ends, we'll rush off to the airport and fly home.

Thoughts?

Amanda

I'm so glad you were able to arrange childcare! A weekend away with dh ANYWHERE would be awesome so just multiply that times 1000 that it's a weekend at WDW! :goodvibes

I think your plans sound great- especially since you'll get to check out the Flower and Garden Festival. I'm sure your dh will get on board if you play up the idea of a couple of romantic dinners and a day of golfing. ;)

I'm so glad you were able to arrange childcare! A weekend away with dh ANYWHERE would be awesome so just multiply that times 1000 that it's a weekend at WDW! :goodvibes

I think your plans sound great- especially since you'll get to check out the Flower and Garden Festival. I'm sure your dh will get on board if you play up the idea of a couple of romantic dinners and a day of golfing. ;)

That's exactly my plan! ;) "You can play golf while I'm at the conference and we'll get 2 really nice dinners out together!"

Amanda

(I don't mean that in a snotty way but I know that if we lived further from a major city, I'd care more about getting nice meals on vacation.)

Amanda

You have to do what is best for your family!! I don't blame you for taking ressies that are not going to be work with your ideal schedule. I know what you mean--my brother is a chef!! :rotfl:

Just found your TR from your post on the Yacht and Beach Club thread. Joining in!:goodvibes

Hello! Joining in on your PTR! Very cute kiddos! We are going to Disney a few weeks after you, so we are counting down the months as well!!!

You have to do what is best for your family!! I don't blame you for taking ressies that are not going to be work with your ideal schedule. I know what you mean--my brother is a chef!! :rotfl:

Thank you! I just don't want to insult anyone!!! :thumbsup2

Just found your TR from your post on the Yacht and Beach Club thread. Joining in!:goodvibes

Thank you for finding me!!! I'm honored!!!

Hello! Joining in on your PTR! Very cute kiddos! We are going to Disney a few weeks after you, so we are counting down the months as well!!!

I can't wait! We've been buried in snow this winter....

Amanda

Amanda - I am just getting into your report, but the Bachelor finale calls.:rolleyes: I stayed at YC for a conference awhile back, so I am anxious to read all about your plans. Look forward to catching up tomorrow nite!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter