A Stringbean, a Wingnut, and a plan! (A January '12 PTR) TRIP REPORT STARTED!! 1/16!!

I've actually only had crepes when I studied abroad in Germany (it was food truck crepes, where you could pick'n'choose from a large variety of stuff to put inside. Mine was usually powder sugar + chocolate or even just powder sugar. Sooo good!)

I was reading an article about the percentage of sugar in various breakfast cereals and the list of highest sugar percentage contained, like, my top 4 favorite cereals. And all the commenters were like 'THIS IS WHAT'S WRONG WITH AMERICA blah blah angry noises.' Oh well! I also still take Flintstones vitamins, I have no shame, angry internet people. Plus they're delicious!

I think it's brown? It's really dark, at least, and not all fun and exciting like the others.

Yeah, I always see it after coming out of the castle and am all 'WOW MY FOUNTAIN!!' and no one understands why I get so excited. I did just realize that they stuck characters back there too! I guess I usually enter Fantasyland from the Teacups entrance and get all turned around when coming any other way? Or I'm really bad with maps (true; I just realized that there was a bridge straight into Liberty Square. Mind blown.).

I hope your ME stuff comes! I'm sure that Disney wouldn't leave anyone at the airport when they could be at WDW, spending money, it's just standing in one more line that gets annoying.

The first time I ever had crepes was in France (not the Epcot version :rotfl:), they also had a ton of crepe fillings to choose from! I love getting them in Epcot, even though their menu isn't exactly a mile long!

Hahahaha pretty much any food I like always makes those "this is the worst thing for you ever" lists. Raisin Bran always makes the "horrible cereal" list because of the sugar in the raisins. That always kind of blows my mind though. IT HAS BRAN IN THE TITLE. HOW BAD COULD IT REALLY BE???

(Obviously the informed consumer, I am.)

Hahahaha I always forget about the bridge to Liberty Square too. I enjoy dancing into Adventureland with the fun music too much to seek out alternate routes :banana:.

I hope so too! I'm sure it wouldn't take too long, but still! I want to get to Disney ASAP!

what a gorgeous D&B bag! I love the color! Great job Wingnut! :thumbsup2

I can't believe you need a THIRD ME packet mailed out! I wonder if some post office worker confiscated your Mickey Mail. Where could it have gone?! You are right though, they'll all be in your mailbox when you return! Isn't that always how it works?!

Thank you!!!

Hahaha someone was in need of a Disney trip, perhaps? I'm thinking that they maybe just got put into the wrong pile at some point. Hopefully one version of them shows up before we leave though!!

It's only taken me how long to make my way over here??? :sad2:

I'm here now :yay: -- will need to catch up, but I did read your latest post about the ME tags! Agghh! Hope they arrive soon! :wizard:

Hey, welcome!!! :yay:

I hope so too!!! It has certainly been a bit of a saga!

Does ME not know that you are am uber planner DISer who absolutely MUST have your documents before you leave your doorstep. I hope you get them, but if you don't I guess you could always go pick up your own luggage before you get on ME. That's what Jen and I did on one trip and it really only took an extra 5 or 10 minutes.

Anyway - fingers crossed!!!!!!

RIGHT???? They encourage my over-planning with the ADR's and everything, what's up with this? :rotfl:

That's a good idea. It just always seems like when I pick up luggage from the carousel, it takes at least 45 minutes or so. I have nowhere NEAR that much patience when Disney is so close!!

Ugh that's so annoying!! They should know people NEED these documents! :rotfl: I mean, it's good to know that even if you don't get them, it won't be a problem, but I'd want them too!

In 2009, when we were originally going in September and had to postpone til November, I made a lot of changes to that trip, up until maybe a week before we left. Every time I made a change, they would send me new vouchers and luggage tags! They even sent them through UPS when we were really close to the trip! :scared1: I had like, 4 sets of vouchers and luggage tags for that trip, I just couldn't believe they sent them via UPS once! So maybe you will get your ME stuff that way! :cool1:

Hahahaha I know!!! My sanity depends on these little yellow bits of paper! :rotfl:

That's kind of fun that you got so many of the tags that time! I hope so! She did say that based on how soon we're leaving, they will mail the packet with the according speed.

Love the new bag...I have the same color in the wristlet :thumbsup2 the zipper is so fun too...cute gift tag he wrote out for you too

So sorry about the no delivery of the yello ME tags :confused: really hope they come so you don't have to deal w/ the counter at MCO

Here's some more pixie dust for you pixiedust: pixiedust:

Darn it! I popped over to see if your tags had arrived yet. Argh! i'm so sorry. Crossing my fingers for you...can't believe your trip is so soon!

Oh no Magical Express! On our last trip, I was nearly brought to tears because it took them 3! sets of Magical Express tickets in order to have the correct spelling of my name on it, even though it was correct on everything else! They kept assuring me it wouldn't be a problem, and I kept insisting that I just wanted a voucher with my actual name on it.

However, in the end, as with all things Disney, I know this will work out fine for you! Can't wait to read about your Mickey Mail!!

OOOh! I love your Christmas present! You'll have to tell me how it works out for you in the parks. I have been debating getting that bag for ages but didn't know if it would fit everything I need and how comfy it would be. I always do a crossbody in the parks, but I love how cute my Lucy sketch bag is. I just don't know if I want to carry that around, especially if it's going to be warm/hot out.

Fingers crossed that you get your ME stuff asap!

P.s. - are you going to be live udpates on FB? If so, friend me so I can stay up to date!;)

Hi Sara!

I am WAY late to this party but before I go back and finish reading (I'm on page 9.....) I wanted to pop in and say I'm subbing and that I'm loving your PTR!

Calling your Dad at the phonebooth in UK was so AWESOME! I could never coordinate something like that! Someone would either be too fast or too slow! :laughing:

And BTW - "Gitchee Gitchee Goo" is ALSO catchy. I have that one on my ipod and now it's stuck in my head. Although the Aglet song and "Squirrels In My Pants" are good ones too... Not to mention the theme song! Gosh, I love P & F!

OK, going back to finish reading!

Love the new bag...I have the same color in the wristlet :thumbsup2 the zipper is so fun too...cute gift tag he wrote out for you too

So sorry about the no delivery of the yello ME tags :confused: really hope they come so you don't have to deal w/ the counter at MCO

Here's some more pixie dust for you pixiedust: pixiedust:

Thanks!! I love the wristlets too, they're a great size.

I hope they come too!! Thanks for the pixiedust!! :flower3:

Darn it! I popped over to see if your tags had arrived yet. Argh! i'm so sorry. Crossing my fingers for you...can't believe your trip is so soon!

Hahaha not yet!!! I hope soon though!! I can't believe how soon we leave too!

Oh no Magical Express! On our last trip, I was nearly brought to tears because it took them 3! sets of Magical Express tickets in order to have the correct spelling of my name on it, even though it was correct on everything else! They kept assuring me it wouldn't be a problem, and I kept insisting that I just wanted a voucher with my actual name on it.

However, in the end, as with all things Disney, I know this will work out fine for you! Can't wait to read about your Mickey Mail!!

Maybe 3 is our magic number too! I'm really hoping this set arrives! I know it will definitely work out alright if they don't come though!

OOOh! I love your Christmas present! You'll have to tell me how it works out for you in the parks. I have been debating getting that bag for ages but didn't know if it would fit everything I need and how comfy it would be. I always do a crossbody in the parks, but I love how cute my Lucy sketch bag is. I just don't know if I want to carry that around, especially if it's going to be warm/hot out.

Fingers crossed that you get your ME stuff asap!

P.s. - are you going to be live udpates on FB? If so, friend me so I can stay up to date!;)

Thank you!! I will definitely let you know! I usually use one of those string backpacks, but they get annoying because the straps dig into your shoulders, plus there's no pockets so everything settles at the bottom. I think that this will be a good option! :thumbsup2

I probably won't be live updating TOO much (usually I just do a picture here and there), but I will definitely PM you shortly!

Hi Sara!

I am WAY late to this party but before I go back and finish reading (I'm on page 9.....) I wanted to pop in and say I'm subbing and that I'm loving your PTR!

Calling your Dad at the phonebooth in UK was so AWESOME! I could never coordinate something like that! Someone would either be too fast or too slow! :laughing:

And BTW - "Gitchee Gitchee Goo" is ALSO catchy. I have that one on my ipod and now it's stuck in my head. Although the Aglet song and "Squirrels In My Pants" are good ones too... Not to mention the theme song! Gosh, I love P & F!

OK, going back to finish reading!

Hi, welcome!!! :yay:

You're not late, we still have a few days before leaving! :laughing: Thank you!! I'm glad you're enjoying reading along!

Thanks!! I was pretty proud of my mom and I for pulling that one off! There was some pretty speedy texting going on for a few minutes there! :rotfl:

Hahaha I love P&F too! Their songs are way too catchy though!! The aglet song is usually the first one to get stuck in my head!

I was gonna post last night and see if your tags came last night or today...ugh what a pain. I'm glad it will work even if they don't arrive though!

I also wanted to tell you, I went to Home Depot yesterday to get those masks that cover your nose and mouth since I'm helping my sister clean out her room and I'm allergic to dust...I was pacing up and down the aisle talking to myself (it's a really bad habit, I do it at work all the time, too), and saying, "well, there's lug nuts there, there's bolts, there's wingnuts..." and as soon as I said that, I thought of you guys and immediately wondered if the tags came :rotfl:

I was gonna post last night and see if your tags came last night or today...ugh what a pain. I'm glad it will work even if they don't arrive though!

I also wanted to tell you, I went to Home Depot yesterday to get those masks that cover your nose and mouth since I'm helping my sister clean out her room and I'm allergic to dust...I was pacing up and down the aisle talking to myself (it's a really bad habit, I do it at work all the time, too), and saying, "well, there's lug nuts there, there's bolts, there's wingnuts..." and as soon as I said that, I thought of you guys and immediately wondered if the tags came :rotfl:

I'm definitely glad that the tags arriving aren't totally essential, but I still want to have them!

:lmao: That's awesome that you thought of us in Home Depot! (Did I ever tell the story of why we're Stringbean and Wingnut? He calls me Stringbean because he says I have little wimpy stringbean-like arms, and so I decided he should have a nickname too, and started calling him Wingnut, because he once scratched his hand on one repairing one of his old hockey sticks.)

(Obviously, yes, he is the more clever nicknamer.) ;)

ADR's and EMH's printed out? Check.

Travel-sized toiletries purchased? Check.

Magical Express info? :confused3

I've started to attempt to obsessively check the weather for our trip, but it seems to change several times a day, and varies widely based on the site that I check. Not exactly conducive to outfit planning for me yet, but Wingnut has already tossed a whole pile of polo shirts and pants of various lengths aside and has declared himself packed.

Men. :laughing:

From what I can tell (and based on the site I tend to favor based on its more frequent telling me of what I want to hear), the temperatures are going to range around the 70's, high for some days, lower for a few. Which I'm pretty excited about, especially based on the deep-freeze temperatures of our last trip.

Anyways, not too much else has happened around here lately. We took down our Christmas decorations, and now the living room looks awesomely spacious to me. (It's amazing the space you gain when you don't have a six and a half foot tree in the middle of everything. :rolleyes1)

In conclusion, here is a picture of a carrot cake cookie (this update feels a bit light, and well, I can't think of a richer and denser treat than this! :laughing:)

Ack! Sara, how can you stand this? Why is Disney tormenting you? I'd demand that they email me a copy of my ME tags, I'd print them out, laminate them and then slap them on my luggage. Problem solved.:thumbsup2

Seriously though, this would be driving me batty if I didn't have my ME tags in hand by now.:headache:

Love love love the Dooney & Bourke! Good work Wingnut. It's darling and will look great with your pink converse sneakers.:goodvibes

So, do you have a countdown calendar for your trip? One perhaps plastered with Phineas & Ferb or something?;) How many days now?

Yikes, you still don't have them? What on earth is going on? Your whole fiasco is making me nervous about my own upcoming Magical Express mailing!

Lots of good luck vibes your way for a bright, shiny Magical Express packet in your mailbox tomorrow.

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Yum for the cookie and I hear you in the quacking front I hope it's warmer than my Jan trip last yr too...especially for the kids.

Can't believe you don't have them yet do you have some odd house number or a name street that could be confused w/ someone or someplace else? Maybe contact your local PO :confused3

We used to have a house number that started w/0 and always didn't get our mail

UGH...so annoying about your ME info. But...keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is good. The 70s sound wonderful. :goodvibes

And you had to go with the carrot cake cookie? One of the delectable Disney goodies that I truly cannot find anywhere else? :rotfl: Ugh...the pain! :lmao:

Maybe the ME stuff isn't coming because so many people are waiting for it right along with you (you know, the old "a watched pot never boils" mentality).

Let's all pretend that it doesn't matter in the least and see what happens! :rolleyes1

So, is it here yet? :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter