A Stringbean, a Wingnut, and a plan! (A January '12 PTR) TRIP REPORT STARTED!! 1/16!!

I really think your "go with the flow" attitude is working for you. :lmao: No ME tags. No room requests. You know what - you are going to end up having a fab trip. When, exactly, do you leave. I'm not even sure.

I have not been able to get on the boards hardly at all since I was gone and have had a broken laptop. I hope you have an incredible trip.

Have you heard any rumors about Polynesian being leveled and redone Aulani style? We heard that on NYE from the people we visited there. She said Tikiman Steve had been hearing rumors and while he was there saw many official looking people walking around taking measurements and notes. There has been speculation that Poly has a lot of codes violations, so this may be a way to update, allow for more rooms (thus more money coming in), and take care of those codes issues. Let us know if you hear anything while you are there. The people that told us this, however, did say that they are already booked for Poly for their next trip, so it won't happen in the next few months. Again, all speculation, but keep your ears open for any news of this, if you will. I think it would lose a lot of its charm if it were to become a high-rise, and I hope to get to stay there at least one time for even one night before it goes away, if it does.

Thank you!! :goodvibes

I heard about it being redone in the future, but I hadn't heard about the Aulani-style. I definitely think that that would lose a ton of the charm then. There's already a modern-looking building right there with the Contemporary. I think just basic changes that need to be updated should be done, keep all the lovely charm!

OK so now I am finally caught up (after 3 days!)

I would totally be freaking out if my DME stuff was not there. Yes, there is a very simple procedure to getting on the ME bus once you get to Orlando...HOWEVER...that means you have to stand in the big long slow line, instead of bypassing it and just getting directly on the bus! TIME CONSUMING and frustrating when you're trying to get to WDW as fast as possible. And I don't know if I trust them to get my bags without those bright yellow tags on them... I would probably pick them up myself from baggage claim at MCO and just bring them on the MCO bus. I would worry about my stuff.

OK next...I have 30 answers to 30 Challenge Questions (which apparently took you 6 months to ask, but I never noticed because I read this whole thing in 3 days). And one thing you have to know about me is that I am completely and utterly indecisive. If you put a gun to my head and told me I had to pick just ONE thing, I would probably pee myself and then break down crying or throwing a tantrum because I just can't make a definitive decision on most things.

1) Favorite Park: Either AK or Epcot. I love both for their own reasons
2) FAvorite Land in MK: Adventureland or Frontierland
3) Favorite Tomorroland Attraction: The TTA
4) Favorite Fantasyland Attraction: Philharmagic and Peter Pan
5) Favorite Liberty Square Attraction: The Haunted Mansion
6) Favorite Frontierland Attraction: Umm...the huge Pin store...followed by Splash... and BTMRR but I prefer to ride that one at night!
7) Favorite Adventureland Attraction: Pirates!
8) Future World or World Showcase: Can't pick! I love the rides in FW but I love shopping/eating in WS!
9) Favorite Attraction in Future World: SOARIN'!!!!!! (and Mouse Gear!)
10) Favorite Attraction in World Showcase: Maelstrom and Illuminations!
11) Favorite Area in DHS: Hollywood Blvd
12) Favorite Attraction at DHS: RnRC or TSMM
13) Favorite Area in AK: This is a tough one for me...I like the Oasis, Discovery Island, and Africa the best....although the path from Africa into Asia is GORGEOUS if you have the opportunity to be on it really early in the morning or at night.
14) Favorite Attraction at AK: Expedition Everest
15) Favorite WDW Resort: We haven't stayed at very many but so far it's Coronado Springs
16) Favorite Park Snack: Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cone from either Hollywood Scoops or The Plaza Ice Cream Shop. Totally the same as it is anywhere else, but it just tastes better when eaten on Disney property!
17) Favorite Restaurant: Either San Angel Inn or Yak & Yeti. We've had nothing but great experiences over a course of multiple visits and I love the "ambience" in both.
18) What Attraction Should They Bring Back: I never visited WDW prior to 2002 so I don't know a lot of the older attractions...but I have to say Mr. Toad just so that I can experience it....I never got the chance!
19) Least Favorite Attraction: The Teacups and any of the Circle Vision movies...only because they make me nauseous!
20) Favorite Dessert: Bread Pudding at Ohana
21) Favorite Character to see in The Parks: Goofy!!! Hands down!
22) Favorite Parade: Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade and/or Boo To You
23) Scariest Ride: Dinosaur! I love it, but it's loud and dark and bumpy and just generally terrifying
24) Favorite Face Character: Jack Sparrow
25) Favorite Attraction Outside The Parks: Cirque du Soleil....and I love to just walk around Coronado Springs and take pictures!
26) Favorite Souvenir: A Sorcerer Mickey statue, where he is holding a small snowglobe, containing a whole slew of park, and other Disney, icons. That and our extensive pin collection....
27) Favorite WDW Breakfast: Ohana or Kona!
28) Favorite Fireworks: Illuminations and/or Hallowishes
29) Favorite Monorail Color: I don't really have a favorite, althought I did really like the Tron-orail...
30) Favorite Statue or Fountain: Anything in Epcot...they're all amazing and beautiful...from the Fountain of Nations, to the ones in Mexico, France, and Morocco.

OK next....
I am SO excited for you that you are no longer having to deal with so many food allergies (ummm YAY for being able to eat cannolis again!) I would have a hard time going back to eating those things...I would panic about ending up in the ER because I'm suddenly allergic again! That being said...Yay for your awesome recovery from your surgery!

These are just some random notes I wrote down while reading through...

That Indoor Water Ride Smell...we call it the Pirate Water Smell because it smells like Pirates of the Caribbean....every once in a while, we smell it somewhere OUTSIDE of Disney, we're like "I smell Pirate Water!" :lmao:

I have seen Rabbit as a meetable character on occassion with Pooh and/or Tigger in Fantasyland...but the last time I saw him was 2007 so I don't know if he still comes out. And of course, I REALLY wanted to meet him but the rest of my group wanted to ride the stupid Teacups so I missed him!

To further convince you of AK's awesomeness....My main word of advice is GO SLOW! When you get there, make a beeline for the attraction you MOST want FPs for and then spend the rest of the day meandering around aimlessly. Really take your time walking through the shops ....They pretty much all sell a different variety of things. Go slow walking along all of the trails...the various Macaws in Oasis and Discovery Island are fascinating, IMO...I could watch them all day! And DEFINITELY take the walking tours - the Maharajah Jungle Trek (TIGERS!) and the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail (Gorillas who may or may not be doing something completely inappropriate!). But again, take your time! Don't let other people rush you!

OK so for now, that is all! I really hope you get your DME tags today!!

Wow!! You definitely are all caught up! I am really indecisive too, some of those questions were really tricky for me! :laughing:

I've been SO excited about my allergies being gone! I've been taking it still a bit slow, but so far, so good! Wingnut keeps saying that I've been eating more spices than I realize with no problem, because there's an Indian buffet we love going to, and there's spices in pretty much everything there!

I really think we're going to try to savor AK more than we have in the past, taking it slower. I hope that we love it as much as so many people do!

I love when the trip is so close that you're already checked in! Say hello to the Poly for me!

So do I!!! I will!! :goodvibes

:faint:

Ooo, I'd be afraid that the tikis would have bad whims for me.

Yes, yes I do. Wingnut's head looks a little bigger than yours, so have him wear them for several days (how long is your trip again). That should do the trick. ;)

Hahaha I hope that they're kind to us!

:lmao: I doubt I'll be able to convince him to be my Minnie ear stretcher! Even our 3-year-old niece said that they were too tight on her, so at least I don't think I have an abnormally large head!

I feel like your neighbor or mailman is playing a trick on you taking your ME packets!

Do you have a basketball or a soccer ball? Maybe you could put your ears on those for a few days to stretch them out? Just a thought.

That's a really good idea! But alas, we don't! Maybe I can put them around a pillow or something...I'll scavenger around for ideas in a bit!

I really think your "go with the flow" attitude is working for you. :lmao: No ME tags. No room requests. You know what - you are going to end up having a fab trip. When, exactly, do you leave. I'm not even sure.

Hahahaha obviously, this is going all to plan! :lmao:

Just when I had pretty much given up...

...the doorbell rang...

I definitely think this calls for a dance...

party:party:party:party:party:

(I'm not sure why we have 4 luggage tags, I guess I called enough times for us to get extras! :rotfl:)

Thank you for all of your pixie dust, everyone! It definitely worked!!!! :wizard:

Just when I had pretty much given up...

...the doorbell rang...

I definitely think this calls for a dance...

party:party:party:party:party:

(I'm not sure why we have 4 luggage tags, I guess I called enough times for us to get extras! :rotfl:)

Thank you for all of your pixie dust, everyone! It definitely worked!!!! :wizard:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
They always give you two tags per person so that you can check two bags each if need be! :thumbsup2 Glad they finally made it!

Yay!! Congrats! How exciting to see Polynesian on there. After stalking a lot of reports on the weddings board I feel the need to stay at the Poly or Grand Floridian - they're just too pretty!

:woohoo:
They always give you two tags per person so that you can check two bags each if need be! :thumbsup2 Glad they finally made it!

Hmm...but it looked like on the directions each long tag turns into 2...so I think we actually got 8? :rotfl: I'm confused. Wingnut can tag the bags. :thumbsup2

:dance3: WHOOHOOO!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!

:yay:

Yay, finally!!! :dance3::cheer2:

:cool1:

Woo hoo!!!

:banana:

:yay:

We'll all be able to sleep tonight!! :rotfl:

:lmao: :yay:

Yay!! Congrats! How exciting to see Polynesian on there. After stalking a lot of reports on the weddings board I feel the need to stay at the Poly or Grand Floridian - they're just too pretty!

The other resort I think is gorgeous for a wedding is the Boardwalk, on Sea Breeze Point. It just looks so beautiful there! :laughing: I think pretty much anywhere in Disney is a wonderful place for a wedding though!

oh happy day!!!

:cool1::dance3::cheer2::dancer:

:banana:

YAY! :woohoo: Thank goodness...you must be so relieved.

I am!!! I was very excited that they're here! :yay:

Hurray!!! Hurray!!! :banana::dance3:

:cheer2:

Sara, I think I hear the Hallelujah chorus playing in the background...your ME tags arrived! Whew, I was beginning to get nervous for you.:laughing:

I hope you and Wingnut have a fabulous time together! You will love the Poly, I just know it. Remember to soak in all those glorious details too! And don't fill up on Napoleans, there is other food out there Sara.:rolleyes: :laughing: Have a great trip, I'm looking forward to the TR when you return.:yay: And don't forget to act surprised when Wingnut presents you with your Cinderella slipper dessert!:thumbsup2 :laughing:

Oh, have a wonderful trip. I hope the weather cooperates this time. I remember reading your report last year and how dreadfully cold it was.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter