A thread for The Winkler Family and the loss of there 16 mo. old, Levi :(

UPDATE
I spoke with Alicia today and she is preparing to have a small dinner at her house on Friday...They are just not ready yet to be around the whole family and all teh small children running around so It will be more of a oersonal Thanksgivivng for them.
We have been keeping in contact often and today she sounded the best in a while....I still think of her constantly and just wish there was more I could do for her and Matt.
Matt is starting to drive now...that is a good thing becaus e they wont have to depend on someone else fpr transportation. She said they have visited teh car (in inpound) one time and that was all she could take....no need to see it again.

Alicia honey...I am always thinking of you but tomrrow (Thanksgiving) I will say a special prayer for you and I am Thankful for having you as a wonderful new friend! Hang in there! Im here if you need me!:hug:

Alicia,

We went only once to see the Van after Karens wreck....& you are right there is no reason to go back!!

As I told you it has been 7 1/2 years since our loss....& it does get easier...althouhg I did not want to here that after we lost Jonathan!!!..

so I say a prayer for your family each day that it does get easier!!!

pat

Hi,

I'm a dis friend of DisMom 9761 (Amy) and she has this link in her sig. I've been meaning for quite some time now to come by and just say hi and give my hearfelt sadness in the loss of your baby....

May the healing continue and his memory always stay with you all.

A visitor from heaven
If only for a while
A gift of love to be returned
We think of you and smile

A visitor from heaven
Accompanied by grace
Reminding of a better love
And a better place

With aching hearts and empty arms
We send you with a name
It hurts so much to let you go
But we're so glad you came
We're glad you came

A visitor from heaven
If only for a day
We thank Him for the time he gave
And now it's time to say
We trust you to the Father's love
And to His tender care
Held in everlastling arms
And we're so glad you're there
We're so glad you're there

With breaking hearts and open hands
We send you with a name
It hurts so much to let you go
But we're so glad you came
We're so glad you came

"Visitor from Heaven" by Twila Paris

That is just perfect. I was trying to remember a similar poem the other day and here you are with it.

Such a lovely bunch of people on here. :love:

Alicia, keeping in my heart and prayers and hoping that you and Matt are mending at least physically.

SG/Linda

I just came across this and have shared it with my daughters. We are heart broken for your family. You are in my prayers. May God the Comforter give you all His grace and comfort at this time. May you feel His love and grace through the body of Christ as they love and care for you and lift you in prayer.

I, too, just came across this thread and will keep your family in my prayers.:angel: I am very sorry for your loss.

I also just came across this thread. My heartfelt sympathy and prayers for you.

I just came across this tread and I wanted to say my thoughts and prayers are with your family right now. I am so sorry.

I also lost a child. It has been 16 years, but the ache is always there. It will be a tough Christmas Season for you all. Keep people around you. Family and friends help alot at these times. Lean on whom ever you need to. They will understand. I also have a friend that lost a child. Every year at Christmas I give her an angel with her daughters name on it. She has her very own tree. It lets them celebrate their lost childs life during the holiday season. My prayers are with you and your family.

Alicia,
You family is my thoughts and my prayers. I know that this time of year must be especially hard for you...take care of yourself and just hold on tight to whatever gets you all through this.

I will be thinking about all of you this Christmas. My sincerest sympathies...I can only imagine what you're going through. Your little Levi was an absolutely beautiful little boy.

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers Christmas morning. There are no words to heal the pain and grief that you are experiencing I just hope that you find some comfort in the knowledge that there are so many here that are thinking of you and praying that you find some peace this holiday.

Alicia, especially at this most special time of the year, when I know it will be the hardest, I wish you comfort, love and fond memories to lead you into the New Year.

Love, SG/Linda

Alicia and family, Please know that your family is still on our prayers and thoughts daily. Here is a little poem I found today. I thought I would share. I hope you are able to find some peace this Christmas.
~Alicia

Missing You At Christmas

There's a little place within my heart

That is with me every day,

A place where all my thoughts of you

Are softly tucked away.

It is the perfect place

In my grief for me to go,

For, words could not explain

How very much I miss you so.

And now once again

Christmastime has come around,

It's where the sweetest memories

And thoughts of you are found.

It is Christmas night and the guests have all gone home. Here I am on the DIS and found this thread. Why am I on this specific board...to offer thoughts and prayers to those who are missing someone special today. I lost my dad last year and I miss him so much....and even more today. When I saw this thread and the beautiful boy who lost his life, my heart sank and I had to hug my two year old son and tell him I love him. Alicia, I pray for you and your family and hope you find joy in the memories and someday find that even the little time you had was worth it.....I am sad for you and your family and I hope you know that you are in our prayers. I wish I could hug you.

I just found this thread and wanted to offer my prayers to your beautiful family, here and in heaven.

My mil lost one of her children about 12 years ago (one of her ds's was 18 when he died), and she was just comforting her own sister who just had a loss through her first christmas without her dd who also just died a few months ago. The main thing my mil was saying was it does get easier... never 'perfect' as it was before, but definitely easier over time. I wish I could fast-forward for you and your family, to a time you can at least breathe a little easier.

Many, many people here have offered such beautiful prayers and thoughts... I sincerely hope this helps you and your husband and daughter even a tiny bit. I hope you find some comfort in all the love that's directed towards your family from all these 'strangers'... people you don't know are crying for you and offering you thoughts, prayers and hugs. Please remember this when you need it most.

I wish I could do more for your family! :grouphug:

I too just found this thread and had to post.
Although no words can take the pain away, I wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with all of you during this very tragic time. May God give you the strength you need to get through it.

Sending prayers and love to your family:grouphug:

I hope that all the prayers, thoughts & love from this board help you, if even just a little. God Bless You:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter