A YOU Worth Fighting For | January 2016 Weight Loss & Better Living Challenge

After she introduced me to croque glaces, I realized @courtneybeth knows what she's doing, so I am going to start working toward the 5K in Nashville at the end of April. I don't expect to run it at all, but I just want to get to the point where I feel comfortable even being there. I average 12-14 minutes a mile as-is, and I'm not really looking to shave any time off of that - I just don't want to feel like I'm dying by the end of it. Plus it's a good excuse to go to Nashville for the weekend!

You are amazing and you can do this! You are already within a perfect time for the race - so no need to panic about training. There's plenty of people who do the run/walk combo and finish within the hour time limit. 3 miles - you'll be done in about 45 minutes.

We'll have to do dinner the night before to carb up a bit. I'll be arriving on that Friday and the race is Saturday -- I'll probably be heading home right after the race.

QOTD for Wednesday, January 27, 2016

:banana::banana::banana::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::jumping1::jumping1::dance3:

IT'S WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm woohooing because this week has been very successful so far in getting 'back to it' to lose those next 10 pounds. I started going back to the gym on Monday and ran for 30 minutes, yesterday was my first personal trainer session, and today I'll be running for 45 minutes after work. I'm really motivated to get my time up for the HM in five weeks. I have a run next weekend on Superbowl Sunday so we'll see if I gain any seconds.

In work related news: the intern is trained (finally - no more babysitting) and I am now free for the next week to get the "stuff" done that I need to get done.

QOTD: Three WooHoos:

1) Got to the gym right after school drop off. This is tough for me, but important on Wednesdays because there's a community organization that has a meeting there every Wednesday that makes parking after 8:30 a nightmare.
2) Got in some really good cross training time. Lots of strength and core work with walking the track between sets, plus the rower, elliptical and stair mill. I like to mix things up on my cross training days to make sure I'm getting lots of different muscles.
3) I had hoped to save #3 for my corral placement for the GSC being released, but despite rumors and some evidence it would happen today, it hasn't. So I will have to WooHoo that I never threw my phone or computer across the room on my repeated failed checks of the site for an update;)

Last edited:
Evening friends! Got a lot of WW stuff done today, so feeling good about that. But now I'm just sitting here wasting time and brain cells on the computer because I just don't feel like folding the mountain of laundry that is waiting on my bed. Grrr....:( Gotta get it done.... NOW! Working tomorrow, but I'll try to pop on in the a.m. before dashing out!.........P

Okay now that my day is almost over I think I can get my three woohoos out.

1) I'm going to woo hoo @courtneybeth for being awesome and getting me so super excited about fall races as well as offering to help with planning my May DL trip. Thank you! :hug:

2) I had my review at work today. It went so well. It's good to know when the work you put in is appreciated. Plus plans are in motion for bigger and better things by the end of the year. Ohhh and I get to expense office supplies as well. That made me so oddly happy. Nothing like a good binder.

3) I've been eating more. I know that sounds silly, but I got into a funk where I wasn't eating much and didn't get out of bed much and then decided to go for a run which naturally didn't go so well. So I'm back at taking care of my body, and I've done it binge free.

I also want to let @pjlla know her posts always make me smile. All that talk about the robotics lab is great. And @chasingthtdream08 I'm envious of your awesome day! I've said it before but everyone in these threads is so amazing. I love reading about you guys focusing on the positives in your lives you all deserve awesome things to happen to you and for you. :grouphug:

I wanted to pop in and give credit where credit it do. I was talking to Flvy on PM and I mentioned a race I had heard about. I couldn't find any details and she gave me the info for the race. So I now know the first race I will do. I am a huge Patriots fan and there is a race that finishes at the 50 yard line of Gillette Stadium. It's on 7/3. So, I will be signing up for that when it opens. Thank you Flvy.

I wanted to pop in and give credit where credit it do. I was talking to Flvy on PM and I mentioned a race I had heard about. I couldn't find any details and she gave me the info for the race. So I now know the first race I will do. I am a huge Patriots fan and there is a race that finishes at the 50 yard line of Gillette Stadium. It's on 7/3. So, I will be signing up for that when it opens. Thank you Flvy.

No problem at all! I hope you sign up for the 10k and kill it ;)

LOVE everyone's woohoos!!! There was some major positivity in here yesterday! Sorry I never made it back with my other 2 - yesterday ended up being nonstop. Currently on night 3 in a row of 2 hours of sleep. Booooooooo. My other 2 woohoos for yesterday were that I had my 20th order on my shop, which isn't a very impressive milestone, but I was excited! And also that it was still light out when DH got home!! He got home at his usual time, same as always, but it was still very definitely light out. So excited the days are growing longer. Spring, you are so welcome here!

Going to try for an hour of sleep before DH gets up to go to work. I told him he had to make sure I was up before he left, because the mail has been coming ridiculously early this week, and I have some orders I need to get out today that haven't been packed yet... I just didn't have the energy to write my thank you cards last night, haha.

Back soon with the QOTD!

Okay now that my day is almost over I think I can get my three woohoos out.

1) I'm going to woo hoo @courtneybeth for being awesome and getting me so super excited about fall races as well as offering to help with planning my May DL trip. Thank you! :hug:

2) I had my review at work today. It went so well. It's good to know when the work you put in is appreciated. Plus plans are in motion for bigger and better things by the end of the year. Ohhh and I get to expense office supplies as well. That made me so oddly happy. Nothing like a good binder.

As someone whose two favorite stores are STAPLES and THE CONTAINER STORE, I can TOTALLY understand why expensing office supplies made you happy! ;)

3) I've been eating more. I know that sounds silly, but I got into a funk where I wasn't eating much and didn't get out of bed much and then decided to go for a run which naturally didn't go so well. So I'm back at taking care of my body, and I've done it binge free.

I also want to let @pjlla know her posts always make me smile. All that talk about the robotics lab is great. And @chasingthtdream08 I'm envious of your awesome day! I've said it before but everyone in these threads is so amazing. I love reading about you guys focusing on the positives in your lives you all deserve awesome things to happen to you and for you. :grouphug:

Awwww... thanks! (And expand to see my other comment!)

I'm not a Patriots fan, but I've been to Patriots Place and that stadium looks awesome! That sounds like it will be a great race!

LOVE everyone's woohoos!!! There was some major positivity in here yesterday! Sorry I never made it back with my other 2 - yesterday ended up being nonstop. Currently on night 3 in a row of 2 hours of sleep. Booooooooo. My other 2 woohoos for yesterday were that I had my 20th order on my shop, which isn't a very impressive milestone, but I was excited! And also that it was still light out when DH got home!! He got home at his usual time, same as always, but it was still very definitely light out. So excited the days are growing longer. Spring, you are so welcome here!

Going to try for an hour of sleep before DH gets up to go to work. I told him he had to make sure I was up before he left, because the mail has been coming ridiculously early this week, and I have some orders I need to get out today that haven't been packed yet... I just didn't have the energy to write my thank you cards last night, haha.

Back soon with the QOTD!

Woot, woot on the 20th order! That sounds pretty good to me!!

Get some sleep young lady! No excuses tonight!

Morning all! Hope you are ready for a great day! I'm teaching 2nd grade today in a classroom that has some behavior issues, so I'm a bit leary..... but it also has a couple of students who I really adore, so hopefully it will balance out! My sneakers are packed so that I can hopefully walk during my prep time (no time tonight as it will be home-early dinner-drive the men to robotics-run to the market for a few necessities-back to robotics to help with team picture-home-bed!).

Shoot! Just thought of a flaw in that plan! I have a live training webinar for my new WW position. Oh well.... scratch that.... tonight is now home-early dinner with the men before they leave-prep for webinar-attend webinar. Any of my fellow WW members listen in on the live call with Oprah last night? Curious about your feedback.

TTYL...........................P

Last edited:
@pjlla Yes I was in staples though there was a clerk stocking by the stuff I needed and she was a little rude to me. I eventually apologized for being in her way and nearly grabbed graph paper.

That would be soooo dangerous for me. I love pens so much. They'd be like "are you sure you needed $100 worth of pens for work?" ummm yes. Always yes to office supplies.

I was specifically told I didn't need pens or that would have been me. Why yes I do need ALL the colors and yes this $15 pen is going to write better and magically help me do my job. ::yes::

@JacknSally I have a woohoo for you. Etsy yesterday sent me a notification about all the stuff you've been up to telling me to check it out.

I've got nothing so far today. I'm in an awesome mood, but I really really really need to go food shopping and most likely can't till Monday. I have nothing for breakfast that isn't a smoothie. So sad. I want to go get some purple potatoes because when you mash them they're soooo pretty. Those with some mashed sweet potatoes on a plate with like some fish. Super pretty. Sorry I am that person where I cook for one make it delicious and beautiful, snap a picture, and move on. Anyone following me on IG has been spared by my chicken with hot sauce phase. In my defense I take the picture eat it and then post it. Always enjoy the food first!

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are all going to be near 50 degrees. This time last year we had just had our first major storm leading to I think around 34 inches of snow. It started a trend of every Sunday/Monday in February about a foot plus was dumped on my city. To say I'm thankful about this warm weather is a huge understatement.

Speaking of Oprah, @pjlla ... $19M off of ONE tweet! Bahaha I wish!!

Hey, everyone!
Wouldn't you know it, my body finally decided it was tired. Halfway through that response. Ugh. It's taken me hours to get that short line typed! Anyone have any tricks for normalizing a sleep schedule? This just won't work!

QOTD for January 28, 2016

Most everyone knows how awesome the soundtrack to Mulan is. If you don't, you should. I mean, it's got Donny Osmond, Christina Aguilera, and 98 Degrees - HOW COULD YOU GO WRONG!?

Let's talk soundtracks! Specifically, let's talk about your workout soundtrack. Are there any songs that you listen to pre-/during/post- exercising, no matter what?

If you had to pick one song to be your theme song, either for your weight loss journey or just life in general, what would it be and why?

QOTD for January 28, 2016

Most everyone knows how awesome the soundtrack to Mulan is. If you don't, you should. I mean, it's got Donny Osmond, Christina Aguilera, and 98 Degrees - HOW COULD YOU GO WRONG!?

Let's talk soundtracks! Specifically, let's talk about your workout soundtrack. Are there any songs that you listen to pre-/during/post- exercising, no matter what?

If you had to pick one song to be your theme song, either for your weight loss journey or just life in general, what would it be and why?

My workout playlist is pretty much pop music with a good beat - lots of Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, NSync and some recent hits played on the Sirius "Hits 1" radio station.

As for right now... my go-to theme song is Demi Lovato's "Confident".... it's how I feel. The beat perks me up. I just all around feel like an Amazon Woman - So Don't Mess With Me Rawr! :P

Ok so my WooHoo is that when I went to the Dr today for my diabetes check up (which I wont have the results for a few days) he was very excited to see my weight was down (May2015 180.4 to today 172.2) 8 pounds!! I was happy because since my WI at WW on Sat I'm down 1.3 !!! YIPPEE.. I have my fingers crossed that my A1C is down from 8.4 (normal is under 6 I think) but we'll see.. I also had my hip xrayed.. while it wasn't bothering me today - YAY -- it does bother me a lot of days and it bothers me at night every night (so I take Tylenol PM) .. so my Dr ordered the xray to see what is going on.. maybe it is just bursitis like he told me last spring but maybe it's something else .. I hope I know something by Friday..

HUGS to all the friends out there needing them.. KUDOS to all the runners! echoing everyone else who says AMAZING!! and YAY to all the peeps WOOHOO ing today!!! Michelle

Well I got a call on the way home from the DR's office A1C still too high and its been high for all my 6 yrs of having type 2. The DR is now putting me on Tanzeum .. I read up a bit on it, it's a once a week injectable.. "TANZEUM is not insulin. TANZEUM works to help your body release more of its own insulin" I think this might be my last step before actually starting insulin because it was a choice between this and insulin and I asked if I could try this because the DR has a prescript card that gets me 13 months for free.. (I called my Pharm just to make sure it was true and it was) I meet with the diabetes Nurse on Wed 2/3 so she can show me how to inject it (and where) and all that jazz.. so while my WooHoo was about my weight, it was kind of a let down that losing wasn't going to help my A1C number..

I don't have an answer to the QotD as I don't work out.. that is really bad I know, but I just can't make myself do it.. It really feels like torture to me.. I have been contemplating pulling out my hula hoop again and the days are getting longer, lighter out at night and the weather warmer so I will start walking but not likely till March..

Today was Crazy Sock day at work ----- I WON !!! a $5 Dunkin Donut gift card!! here are the winning socks .. they are Marvel's Thor with Wings and a Cape.. I ran thru the office so they could the full effect of the cape flying! and won with a score of 26 out of 30 ( the runner up had a 23 out of 30) it was really fun and 7 out of 15 people participated.. Have a great day everyone!!! Michelle
craxy sock day.jpg

Today was Crazy Sock day at work ----- I WON !!! a $5 Dunkin Donut gift card!! here are the winning socks .. they are Marvel's Thor with Wings and a Cape.. I ran thru the office so they could the full effect of the cape flying! and won with a score of 26 out of 30 ( the runner up had a 23 out of 30) it was really fun and 7 out of 15 people participated.. Have a great day everyone!!! Michelle

Those are adorable. (A-Thor-Able?) Those would be super fun to run in for the Avengers race in November. :love:

(Do the capes make you run faster?)

That would be soooo dangerous for me. I love pens so much. They'd be like "are you sure you needed $100 worth of pens for work?" ummm yes. Always yes to office supplies.

OMG I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!! You guys, I LOVE office supplies. You would think that I am THE MOST organized person in the world by the amount of office supplies I own. It's such a lie. But I love them SO!! I get so excited when school supplies go on sale every year, and I haven't needed school supplies since 2011. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter