ABC Cancels Rosanne After Racist Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is sad that Americans cannot talk about things like this in a constructive way. The first thing that we want to do is take sides. The second thing that we want to do is defend the position of the side that we have taken. And then it escalates from there. It prevents meaningful change.

If we can't agree that this is racist, I am not sure where we go from here. I honestly don't know how some people don't see it. (Or twisting themselves into pretzels to excuse it.) I was totally stunned by the comments on social media (all Disney lovers, by the way) defending her. Made me a little ill.

If we can't agree that this is racist, I am not sure where we go from here. I honestly don't know how some people don't see it. (Or twisting themselves into pretzels to excuse it.) I was totally stunned by the comments on social media (all Disney lovers, by the way) defending her. Made me a little ill.
No one has argued that the words were racist - no one, including Barr. The question is intent. Did she intend to denigrate or was she trying to be funny? Intent still matters (to me, anyway).

We all see the world through the lens of our personal experiences. I have seen too many people judged prematurely.

The question isn't "did she make a bigoted comment" because she clearly did. The question should be, "is she a racist"? I have not heard anyone ask that question. I have only heard judgement.

No one has argued that the words were racist - no one, including Barr. The question is intent. Did she intend to denigrate or was she trying to be funny? Intent still matters (to me, anyway).

We all see the world through the lens of our personal experiences. I have seen too many people judged prematurely.

The question isn't "did she make a bigoted comment" because she clearly did. The question should be, "is she a racist"? I have not heard anyone ask that question. I have only heard judgement.

If some people can only judge racism through their own personal experiences, that doesn't bode well for racism to end. When people recognize it, stand up to it and call it out without waiting to personally suffer indignities, then we will make progress. 2018 is certainly shaping up to be something. Not sure what.

If some people can only judge racism through their own personal experiences, that doesn't bode well for racism to end. When people recognize it, stand up to it and call it out without waiting to personally suffer indignities, then we will make progress. 2018 is certainly shaping up to be something. Not sure what.
We all judge everything through the lens of our personal experiences. All of us. Every single one of us. Including you and me. It is all that we have to work with.

If you think that she is a racist, I am okay with that. That is between you and her. But if you think that everyone is the world who chooses not to judge her is somehow "less" than you, well, that is another story.

Genuinely curious what you are referring to here? What did someone say on The View that should have it cancelled?

Really your serious with that question? The View is trash hate filled garbage. Joy Bayhar saying Pences Faith is a mental illness? That should be a good start. Plenty to quotes abound from this show and it’s stupidly

We all judge everything through the lens of our personal experiences. All of us. Every single one of us. Including you and me. It is all that we have to work with.

If you think that she is a racist, I am okay with that. That is between you and her. But if you think that everyone is the world who chooses not to judge her is somehow "less" than you, well, that is another story.

I don't think they are "less". I am just disheartened at the ugliness. And you are correct, that is through my lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter