ABD 2010: Disers Go West - Let the Fun Begin

This whole working for a living thing is really getting in my way of my hobby! :lmao:

I soooo want to go again next year. I can't believe they saw Sally Field. Thank goodness it wasn't Julie Andrews or I would have had a stroke! Jeri can't see the sense in going on a trip that we've already been on when we want to see so many other things too. He may have something of a point, but, excuse me? Was he there with us? Heelllooo????

Here's Grauman's!

GraumansLEFTWEB.jpg

GraumansRIGHT.jpg

We are about 30 days away from our next on property stay. We will at SSR from 9/9-12.

Heather, are you still scheduled to arrive on the 12th? John and Micki are supposed to be arriving on the 10th.

Perhaps we can plan something for the following weekend (17th, 18th or 19th).
It may be tough to get dining reservations at one of the parks this close to the date but there is always DTD or Celebration Town Tavern.

Kevin, are you and John still up to joining us for a mini reunion?

We hope to see everyone very soon!

We are about 30 days away from our next on property stay. We will at SSR from 9/9-12.

Heather, are you still scheduled to arrive on the 12th? John and Micki are supposed to be arriving on the 10th.

It may be tough to get dining reservations at one of the parks this close to the date but there is always DTD or Celebration Town Tavern.

We are absolutely up for this.

Wish it was today!

I am sooo jealous of y'all getting together. Have a little extra fun for us! :goodvibes

Here's Aladdin! I'm so glad we got to see this show before the change to Toy Story. It was really a lot of fun.

AladdinWEB.jpg

John and I are in too ... we arrive on the 10th - staying at the Poly until the 12th - then we move to our timeshare - we leave for home on the 19th . so count us in ... DTD , CTT or any place is good with us. .... Can't wait to get together ! :yay:

We are absolutely up for this.

Wish it was today!

John and I are in too ... we arrive on the 10th - staying at the Poly until the 12th - then we move to our timeshare - we leave for home on the 19th . so count us in ... DTD , CTT or any place is good with us. .... Can't wait to get together ! :yay:

How cool is all of this?!!

I just looked on line and Via Napoli, the new Italian place at WS, has room for 7 at 7:45 on Friday the 17th. Does this work? I made the reservation, just in case, can easily cancel if this isn't the right plan. It's EM hours at Epcot, so we will have time before or after dinner to stroll and visit as well. Just a suggestion, am open to anything as long as it involves seeing all of you.

I've been thinking about seeing if there is any room on any of the Segway tours while I'm there. Is anyone else interested in trying that? Any other ideas? Mouse boat races on the Seven Seas Lagoon?

John and Micki - I'll be arriving on the 10th, so we'll be neighbors at the Poly!

I've put down a deposit on the February ABD BM tour. I couldn't resist the chance to do it all again, especially with Kevin, John, Pete and Walter along!

I just looked on line and Via Napoli, the new Italian place at WS, has room for 7 at 7:45 on Friday the 17th. Does this work? I made the reservation, just in case, can easily cancel if this isn't the right plan. It's EM hours at Epcot, so we will have time before or after dinner to stroll and visit as well. Just a suggestion, am open to anything as long as it involves seeing all of you.

I've been thinking about seeing if there is any room on any of the Segway tours while I'm there. Is anyone else interested in trying that? Any other ideas? Mouse boat races on the Seven Seas Lagoon?

John and Micki - I'll be arriving on the 10th, so we'll be neighbors at the Poly!

I've put down a deposit on the February ABD BM tour. I couldn't resist the chance to do it all again, especially with Kevin, John, Pete and Walter along!

The 17th will be good for us. Can't wait to try the newest Epcot eatery. Think we can twist Pete's and Walter's arms to join us?

I've always wanted to try a Segway. However, the only day that would be available for me would be the 11th. Let me know if you are interested.

Believe it on not, just before the dates for the next BSM tours were announced, we booked a stay at the Grand Californian Villas for 2/19-25!

I can't believe that in only a month we will be able to get together again ... I'm looking forward to spending time at the Poly... and I can't wait to try the sushi ! YUM !! We can't do the Ca trips as we are waiting for the news about the Paris trip !!:woohoo: I just hope that it's not anytime during the last 3 weeks of October - that's my lock-down time at work. It's my 12 hour days and no sleep time :headache:

..The last podcast was great - I was so reliving our ABD trip and I was a little jealous of the smaller group that went - but then I realized that our group didn't FEEL big at all - and it gave us sooooo many more friends to make..and we all made it a great group ..:love:

John keeps our California pictures rotating on the computer as a screen saver and just as I came in there was a picture of Kevin and John sitting on the settee in the Lilly Bell !! I get lost in the pictures and just sit and re-live it over and over ..and Lauren - Keep it up with the Scrapbook pictures - they are just FANTASTIC ! ahhh the memories !! IT ALL was so much fun!

We are in on the 17th ... we can have a "meet and eat" .. it sounds great (as long as it's not that huge loud dino place- that place looked busy and noisy) .. We haven't been to Via Napoli -- I thought that I knew where everything was in WS- DTD but I just must have missed it.. I hope Kevin gave it a good review ? It would be great if Pete and Walter could come too!

We were just at WDW the week of July 24- 31st .. 5 adults and 2 kids ( 6 and 2 ) OMG was it hot !.. I had to come back to NY to cool off !:rotfl2:

can't wait to get together ! : ) Micki

The 17th will be good for us. Can't wait to try the newest Epcot eatery. Think we can twist Pete's and Walter's arms to join us?

I've always wanted to try a Segway. However, the only day that would be available for me would be the 11th. Let me know if you are interested.

Believe it on not, just before the dates for the next BSM tours were announced, we booked a stay at the Grand Californian Villas for 2/19-25!

We did the Segways in Epcot and also at Ft Wilderness - They are so much fun! You really should try to fit them in --both were great but I think I liked the Epcot experience better. I liked being in the park early and going into the countries... the Ft Wilderness was good ..we had better guides .. they were funnier and I guess since the scenery was pretty much the same - they kinda had to keep us entertained more. The Ft W trip seemed longer and you weren't on paved roads - so for the first time - I would suggest the Epcot one. Micki

Check it out! April DIS ABD buddies, Phillip and Bill, were reunited (sort of) in Hershey this weekend:

41107_1534048080818_1523290595_31359529_5292665_n.jpg

:)

Keep 'em coming, Lauren! Walt's apartment was an especially emotional moment for me, love reliving that experience.

Hope all the recent Hershey travelers had a great weekend together!

I spent Saturday at the Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet and heard Margaret Kerry, Bob Gurr and David Lesjak speak. Margaret Kerry was the figure model for Tinkerbell, and gave a fantastic talk which concluded with her reading out loud from Peter Pan. She was a comedienne and dancer as well as an actress and was in 129 episodes of The Three Stooges, among other things. If you ever have a chance to see her, run there. She was completely delightful and funny and her reading of the story was magical.

David Lesjak had a terrific presentation on the history of the Hyperion Studios, with lots of very cool pictures. He succeeded in giving a real sense of the experiences of a time when the Studios were constantly expanding.

Bob Gurr is a rock star. He is hilarious and smart, and it was fantastic to sit and hear him talk about working with Walt and John Hench and all the other amazing early crew, and describing his own experiences with designing so many of the quintessential things about the attractions and parks. I can't wait to see him again!

The Mouse Meet was a totally sweet event. Bonus = Dole Whip concession!

I got the Jim Henson visit part of my trip report posted today.

Walt's Apartment!

WaltsAptWEB.jpg

Lauren,
You really have an eye for details ...I really love the picture of Walt on the phone -:love:- I'm trying to re create the room ... maybe you can tell from the original picture that you used .. was he sitting near the entry door or closer to the patio door?
Thanks
Micki

Hey there everyone. I'm just starting to get into this Facebook thing, so I finally posted some pics and captions, both from our ABD trip and from my Hong Kong Disneyland trip (which I was on right before the ABD trip) and from a few other recent trips as well. Please feel free to take a look.

The ABD trip pics are here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=262284&id=506042891&l=9192ae6f88

The Hong Kong Disney pics are here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=263958&id=506042891&l=abc8ecad47

-- Chris

Aaargh! Facebook deleted all of my HKDL photo captions. I'm working on fixing it... trying to remember what I wrote.

Hey there everyone. I'm just starting to get into this Facebook thing, so I finally posted some pics and captions, both from our ABD trip and from my Hong Kong Disneyland trip (which I was on right before the ABD trip) and from a few other recent trips as well. Please feel free to take a look.

-- Chris

Okay, got the captions fixed now.

-- Chris

Back from the DL 1/2 Marathon! We were able to finish it and get our Coast to Coast medal, which is very exciting! And we also decided to shoot each other if the idea to do two of these in one year ever occurs to us again. :rotfl: Now I have the December Podcast Cruise to look forward to and plan for!!! I also just bought my 2011 calendar at Staples this weekend so that I can get my vacations lined up for next year! :lmao:

In Michael/Jamie news: We went by Guest Services to find Michael, but he wasn't there. I left some scrapbook pages for he and Jamie and a note with my phone number, etc. At the race Jeri saw Michael out cheering for everyone and we ran over and had some hugs (Michael probably had to go change, you know, from the sweat - ick factor, but he gives GREAT hugs!) Anywho, I told him about the photos and the note and then we had to get going. He didn't call us while we were there, but hopefully he will and we'll be able to send Jamie a little Dis love. :wizard:

I haven't been following the cruise board, but I did see on FB that Katherine might not be able to come and then was able to come on the cruise. I'm glad about this! I don't know what's the what, but I hope everything has now worked out. I also hope John will be there too! :hug:

Enjoy:

CaliforniaBeautyWEB.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter