ABD 2010: Disers Go West - Let the Fun Begin

So the truth is I didn't like any of my Haunted Mansion shots very well, and so I retook this photo during race weekend. It feels a small bit like scrapbook cheating, but sometimes ya just gots to do what ya gots to do! :thumbsup2 I'm so glad we got to ride HM while we were all there because it was closed on this trip. When we were in France Haunted Mansion was closed and we never got to ride it. Still bummed about that one. I love comparing all of the rides and what's the same and what's different.

So here we have Haunted Mansion, with my cheater photo! SSSHHH!!!
HauntedMansionWEB.jpg

Lauren,

It would only be cheating if you had never been there - what you did was to use "artistic license" ;)

The page is beautiful by the way

Wow! I just went through the entire scrapbook and it brought all of the memories flooding back. :goodvibes You do such awesome work Lauren and we truly thank you for sharing it with us!

- Bill

Last night I had an improbable but true experience on Main Street in WDW.

About 7:15, I was standing on the corner outside of the Confectionery waiting for our daughter, son-in-law and grandkids to arrive for MNSSHP. Thousands of people were leaving the park. Thousands more were streaming in.

A tall man came up and stood beside me. We exchanged glances then quickly looked at one another again. Before I could say anything the man asked, "Are you from New York? "No", I replied, "but I was on the ABD trip in California."

It was Miguel! Matthew, wearing his Club 33 polo, soon joined us. We chatted for a brief time and promised to get together again during the Podcast cruise.

What are the odds that of the tens of thousands of people in the park last night Miguel and I would end up standing together on the same corner of Main Street at the same time?

All I can say is thank you John and the rest of the Podcast/ABD crew for the trip that keeps providing such head exploding experiences!!

About 7:15, I was standing on the corner outside of the Confectionary waiting for our daughter, son-in-law and grandkids to arrive for MNSSHP. Thousands of people were leaving the park. Thousands more were streaming in.

A taller man came up and stood beside me. We exchanged glances the quickly looked at one another again. Before I could say anything the man asked, "Are you from New York? "No", I replied, "but I was on the ABD trip in California."

It was Miguel! Matthew, wearing his Club 33 polo, soon joined us. We chatted for a brief time and promised to get together again during the Podcast cruise.

What are the odds that of the tens of thousands of people in the park last night that Miguel and I would end up standing together on the same corner of Main Street at the same time?

All I can say is thank you John and the rest of the Podcast crew for the trip that keeps on providing such head exploding experiences!!

I guess Walt and the Sherman Brothers were right - it is a small world after all. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see everyone in December for a little reunion!!! :love:

About 7:15, I was standing on the corner outside of the Confectionary waiting for our daughter, son-in-law and grandkids to arrive for MNSSHP. Thousands of people were leaving the park. Thousands more were streaming in.

A taller man came up and stood beside me. We exchanged glances the quickly looked at one another again. Before I could say anything the man asked, "Are you from New York? "No", I replied, "but I was on the ABD trip in California."

What are the odds that of the tens of thousands of people in the park last night that Miguel and I would end up standing together on the same corner of Main Street at the same time?

All I can say is thank you John and the rest of the Podcast crew for the trip that keeps on providing such head exploding experiences!!

Very cool story!!!

Jason:goodvibes

Hey Dave! :wave:

That's a fun story - thx for sharing it. :laughing: Good to know the handsome fellas are enjoying the FL warmth! :cool1: Hope y'all have a fab trip :dance3: Looking fwd to seeing you & Sally again - and everyone else - on the ship! :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter