Actors/actresses that you can't believe get work, nevermind are famous....

2nd vote for Kevin Costner

OK..acting skills aside, I can at least appreciate this man is put in movies for the pure fact he is easy on the eyes. ***sigh*** (coming from someone who saw Dances With Wolves 13 times in the movie theater. Just to look at him, not to mention it was a darn good movie)

wow some of y’all are tough!

Sean Penn is not a good person but honestly can act. He was so good in Mystic River. The scene where he finds out his daughter is dead is heartbreaking. And Dead Man Walking was another he did that was, IMO, exceptional work.

Tom Cruise can be good when playing something besides Tom Cruise. Interview with a Vampire comes to mind.

But there are some I agree with:

Kristen Stewart.
Jim Carey (I did like Liar, Liar)
Ashton Kutcher

Sean Penn is an incredible actor. Ugly as all get-out, but he earns his money.

OK..acting skills aside, I can at least appreciate this man is put in movies for the pure fact he is easy on the eyes. ***sigh*** (coming from someone who saw Dances With Wolves 13 times in the movie theater. Just to look at him, not to mention it was a darn good movie)

Lol. Definitly one of those people that is not attractive but there is just something about him. I just can’t say enough how much I loved him in Mystic River.

wow some of y’all are tough!

Sean Penn is not a good person but honestly can act. He was so good in Mystic River. The scene where he finds out his daughter is dead is heartbreaking. And Dead Man Walking was another he did that was, IMO, exceptional work.

Tom Cruise can be good when playing something besides Tom Cruise. Interview with a Vampire comes to mind.

But there are some I agree with:

Kristen Stewart.
Jim Carey (I did like Liar, Liar)
Ashton Kutcher
With these threads it seems a lot of people name who they don’t like. I don’t like Sean Penn as a person but there’s no denying he’s an incredible actor. Bad Boys (1983 the drama), Colors, Dead Man Walking, I am Sam just to name a few. None of those movies would have been what they were without him.

Can’t stand Tom Cruise. He’s nuts and IMO possibly dangerous but see him in Born on the 4th of July and you can’t say there’s no talent there with a straight face. People (including my stepmother) had to get up and walk out of the theater to compose themselves during that movie. The subject was raw but a mediocre actor wouldn’t be able to bring that kind of reaction.

Jenny McCarthy- I admit, I don’t like her but I didn’t “get it” before I didn’t like her.

Jennifer Aniston
Plays same Whiney part and has same emotions and mannerisms. Ugh!
She does many commercials now .. that’s a sign, lol.
YES! I thought I was alone in thinking she was terrible...she has always been awful, even on Friends.

With these threads it seems a lot of people name who they don’t like. I don’t like Sean Penn as a person but there’s no denying he’s an incredible actor. Bad Boys (1983 the drama), Colors, Dead Man Walking, I am Sam just to name a few. None of those movies would have been what they were without him.

Can’t stand Tom Cruise. He’s nuts and IMO possibly dangerous but see him in Born on the 4th of July and you can’t say there’s no talent there with a straight face. People (including my stepmother) had to get up and walk out of the theater to compose themselves during that movie. The subject was raw but a mediocre actor wouldn’t be able to bring that kind of reaction.

Jenny McCarthy- I admit, I don’t like her but I didn’t “get it” before I didn’t like her.

I feel the same about Tom Cruise. He is a nut but he is talented. Born on the Furth of July was one of my favorites and no one can say it’s not all due to him. I enjoyed him in A Few Good Men too. Still a bit of that cocky Tom Cruise character but still good acting.

And no one can say he isn’t dedicated after finishing the scene with the broken ankle!

And you hit the nail on the head honestly with both Sean Penn and Tom Cruise. Their movies would not have been the same without them in it!

David Schwimmer and David Spade both annoy me and make anything unwatchable.

I used to absolutely hate Minnie Driver, but I like her in Speechless so she is somewhat redeemed in my eyes.

Zooey Deschanel is too old to play the cute hipster but she keeps trying, which is sad.

Kristen Stewart has no discernible acting skills whatsoever.

I feel the same about Tom Cruise. He is a nut but he is talented. Born on the Furth of July was one of my favorites and no one can say it’s not all due to him. I enjoyed him in A Few Good Men too. Still a bit of that cocky Tom Cruise character but still good acting.

And no one can say he isn’t dedicated after finishing the scene with the broken ankle!

And you hit the nail on the head honestly with both Sean Penn and Tom Cruise. Their movies would not have been the same without them in it!
I like most Tom cruise movies. His Scientology stuff may be a little crazy, but no more then a lot of things. I like actors and actresses that just act, make movies and don't tell me how to think politically. Tom cruise is one of the few actors that just keeps to himself. We've enjoyed all the mission impossible movies. I have teen boys and these along with Star Wars, and Marvel movies are something we can all see and enjoy.

On the Sharnado movies. I’ve never seen them but I was always under the impression they were supposed to be purposely bad. No?

DD just watched the final one tonight. She’s a huge movie critic, but she can appreciate a really bad movie that is supposed to be bad LOL

Dances with Wolves came out when I was 9, so I was too young to appreciate him for that. The things I've seen in him probably aren't his best efforts, and I never went back to try again with his more critically acclaimed stuff.

Jennifer Aniston
Plays same Whiney part and has same emotions and mannerisms. Ugh!
She does many commercials now .. that’s a sign, lol.

YES! I thought I was alone in thinking she was terrible...she has always been awful, even on Friends.

YES!!! She is the first person I thought of when I read the thread title. :headache: :headache: :headache:

Being high maintenance, neurotic & whiny may be cute for a half hour (sitcom.) But, I have a feeling she's that way in real life. I think all the men in her life think that too, as they don't seem to hang around in the long run.

Whenever she does magazine covers or layouts, all she does is do them pant-less or have her top falling off. She knows all she has going for her is to try to sell sex. Brad leaving her was the best publicity thing that happened to her as it kept her in the tabloids, "When will Brad & Jen get back together?. . . Poor Jen without Brad. . ."

On the Sharnado movies. I’ve never seen them but I was always under the impression they were supposed to be purposely bad. No?

Yes, they created some kind of genre "cult" for being so outrageously horrible & funny.

I agree that it seems people are just listing people they don't care for. I've only seen a few names on this list that I agree aren't good actors. I've seen others I agree with disliking them, but can still respect their body of work.

Johnny Depp is one who makes my skin crawl and I tend to avoid movies he's in, but I can't deny he's a good actor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter