Actors/actresses that you can't believe get work, nevermind are famous....

There are many actors I don't like as people, but I try not to let that affect my opinion of their acting. For instance, I am not a fan of Sean Connery as a person, but I think he's an excellent actor.
As for actors who are the same in every part, many of the classic actors of old were just that. John Wayne was the same character in every movie. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy their movies. I don't go in expecting a great deal different. I think Harrison Ford is pretty much the same character in everything, yet I love watching his movies.

There are many actors I don't like as people, but I try not to let that affect my opinion of their acting. For instance, I am not a fan of Sean Connery as a person, but I think he's an excellent actor.
As for actors who are the same in every part, many of the classic actors of old were just that. John Wayne was the same character in every movie. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy their movies. I don't go in expecting a great deal different. I think Harrison Ford is pretty much the same character in everything, yet I love watching his movies.

I think It has to do with the heinousness of the crimes. One reason I’ll never see a Roman Polanski movie ever again

That so true about John Wayne and he was very good at it! So many of them had their niche and they stuck with it.

I tend to like character actors who do change for every role. But do appreciate some for being just who they are.

I also tend to separate the actor from his personal life. I watch movies to enter the world of the character not the actor.

That so true about John Wayne and he was very good at it! So many of them had their niche and they stuck with it.

I tend to like character actors who do change for every role. But do appreciate some for being just who they are.

I also tend to separate the actor from his personal life. I watch movies to enter the world of the character not the actor.

I separated if they’re kind of jerks a hard to work with but I won’t give my money to a murderer or rapist or a child abuser

I separated if they’re kind of jerks a hard to work with but I won’t give my money to a murderer or rapist or a child abuser

Maybe I don’t know enough about their personal lives?

I know Sean Penn abused Madonna or so it was said.

But which actors are murderers, rapist or child abusers?

Ryan Reynolds (ok, Deadpool is kind of funny, but he just tries to hard or something)

OK..there are actors that can't act and we can't figure out why they continue to get work, nevermind get paid millions. Many people are listing heartthrobs. Acting skills aside, we all know they are put in the movie for their prettiness. Adnd Ryan is VEEEEERRRY pretty!
He can be funny, and I LOVE the Deadpool movies.

I like Melissa McCarthy and I have immensely enjoyed everything I have seen her in. She is a great comedienne But, I do not think she is a good actress. She has no range. Every role is the exact same character as the previous one.

Now Tom Hanks, on the other hand is the opposite. Each character he plays seems like an entirely different person. I also agree with the Johnny Depp comments above. He has range as well.

Have you seen the show Nobodies? Melissa McCarthy is in that & plays a different role than her usual. Think she shows a little range there.

For instance, I am not a fan of Sean Connery as a person, but I think he's an excellent actor.

Yes, I saw articles which said he used to hit his wife. :mad: And I did see an interview where she said when he did it she deserved it. :headache: Which is a classic abuse symptom.

I think Harrison Ford is pretty much the same character in everything, yet I love watching his movies.

He made a point of being really different after Han Solo & Indiana Jones, to doing Witness, which he was nominated for an Oscar. And yes, while in his serious roles he's pretty much the same, I love him as an actor. :thumbsup2

Then there are actors that are so chameleon-ish that one never recognizes them from role to role, and they are so under-rated for all their talent.

I really like Brendan Gleeson's work. He was Hamish in Braveheart, to playing Rene Zellweger's character's father in Cold Mountain, to Menelaus in Troy, to playing an and FBI agent in Safe House, to 'MadEye' Moody is Harry Potter.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0322407/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Angelina Jolie......can't stand her skeletal, home wrecking, brother kissing, father hating, self mutilating , crazy self.
Don't hold back... say what you mean.
I have to agree though. I have never understood her appeal. I find her to not be all that attractive and I'm not impressed with her acting or personality.

Maybe I don’t know enough about their personal lives?

I know Sean Penn abused Madonna or so it was said.

But which actors are murderers, rapist or child abusers?
Okay rapist - mike tyson
Child rapist - Roman Polansk
Possible accomplice to murder a hiding in Murder / Tom Cruise ask skavige it’s head of Scientology His wife is still missing and cruise will not answer any questions

Okay rapist - mike tyson
Possible accomplice to murder a hiding in Murder / Tom Cruise ask skavige it’s head of Scientology His wife is still missing and cruise will not answer any questions

Murderers: Robert Blake. (though he was acquitted, I believe he was 1000% guilty)

Some say Robert Wagner killed Natalie by accident or on purpose.

OJ

Okay rapist - mike tyson
Some claim that the missing wife is actually living at one of the Scientology compounds. I don't understand why she won't just pop out and make a statement if that's true.

Okay rapist - mike tyson

Well, I wouldn’t refer to Mike Tyson as an actor. I had to look up what movies Roman Polanski even acted in; never saw any of them. Tom Cruise, maybe he knows something maybe he doesn’t. Robert Blake, ok but when is the last time he was even in a movie?

I would say for most of them, it like the NFL players that have been accused of spousal abuse or some other violent crime. How many football fans really stop watching them play? They see them as bad people but talented players and watch them play.

Tom Cruise is the only one I, personally, would be guilty of watching. I just don’t put a lot of thought into what they do in their personal lives. Same with Johnny Depp, he was accused of hitting his wife. Maybe he did and maybe he didn’t, but I just won’t be thinking about it when I go see Fantastic Beasts.

Back in the day before so much press, did people even know what Clark Gable, John Wayne or Humphrey Bogart did in their day to day lives like we do now? Or did they just go watch them play a character in a movie and enjoy the product?

Edited to add: I do have to agree with you though, I do have my limits. Roman Polanski, for instance, I certainly would not be searching out something to watch him in.

Last edited:
Yes, I saw articles which said he used to hit his wife. :mad: And I did see an interview where she said when he did it she deserved it. :headache: Which is a classic abuse symptom.

He made a point of being really different after Han Solo & Indiana Jones, to doing Witness, which he was nominated for an Oscar. And yes, while in his serious roles he's pretty much the same, I love him as an actor. :thumbsup2

Then there are actors that are so chameleon-ish that one never recognizes them from role to role, and they are so under-rated for all their talent.

I really like Brendan Gleeson's work. He was Hamish in Braveheart, to playing Rene Zellweger's character's father in Cold Mountain, to Menelaus in Troy, to playing an and FBI agent in Safe House, to 'MadEye' Moody is Harry Potter.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0322407/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I love watching actors like Brendan Gleeson. Or Gary Oldman! Some of his roles, I have to look it up to know for sure it’s him! Such a great actor.

“Now John Wayne played the same part in both films. HE played John Wayne”.

Chili Palmer - Get Shorty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter