Actors/actresses that you can't believe get work, nevermind are famous....

I agree that it seems people are just listing people they don't care for. I've only seen a few names on this list that I agree aren't good actors. I've seen others I agree with disliking them, but can still respect their body of work.

Johnny Depp is one who makes my skin crawl and I tend to avoid movies he's in, but I can't deny he's a good actor.

I DID NOT like your post because the comment on Johnny Depp! :snooty: :rotfl2: In all honesty the older he gets the weirder he gets, with that I have to agree. But I still enjoy his acting and his movies.

With these threads it seems a lot of people name who they don’t like. I don’t like Sean Penn as a person but there’s no denying he’s an incredible actor. Bad Boys (1983 the drama), Colors, Dead Man Walking, I am Sam just to name a few. None of those movies would have been what they were without him.

Can’t stand Tom Cruise. He’s nuts and IMO possibly dangerous but see him in Born on the 4th of July and you can’t say there’s no talent there with a straight face. People (including my stepmother) had to get up and walk out of the theater to compose themselves during that movie. The subject was raw but a mediocre actor wouldn’t be able to bring that kind of reaction.

Jenny McCarthy- I admit, I don’t like her but I didn’t “get it” before I didn’t like her.

Only thing I say about Cruise - Shelly Miskavige. He is scum

I DID NOT like your post because the comment on Johnny Depp! :snooty: :rotfl2: In all honesty the older he gets the weirder he gets, with that I have to agree. But I still enjoy his acting and his movies.
Depp is an amazing actor, but, like most of them he is quite "different". I had not really paid much attention to him until the Pirate movies, then I checked him out and I defy anyone to see any similarities, mannerisms, or even speech patterns that are carried over. If one just compares Jack Sparrow to his Willy Wonka, I think that if you didn't know the name of the stars you would never guess that they were the same person. As far as personal, well, I don't really know the man, but, from what I have read his real life is less then pristine.

Depp is an amazing actor, but, like most of them he is quite "different". I had not really paid much attention to him until the Pirate movies, then I checked him out and I defy anyone to see any similarities, mannerisms, or even speech patterns that are carried over. If one just compares Jack Sparrow to his Willy Wonka, I think that if you didn't know the name of the stars you would never guess that they were the same person. As far as personal, well, I don't really know the man, but, from what I have read his real life is less then pristine.

I don’t either but he does make some odd choices.

He is an exceptional actor especially being someone that didn’t originally want to be an actor.

Love him as Jack Sparrow but the only movie he is in that I don’t like is Fear and Loathing. His acting isn’t the problem though, it’s the subject matter. It’s funny to watch several of his movies close together. Like you say, he is so very different in each one.

I like Melissa McCarthy and I have immensely enjoyed everything I have seen her in. She is a great comedienne But, I do not think she is a good actress. She has no range. Every role is the exact same character as the previous one.

Now Tom Hanks, on the other hand is the opposite. Each character he plays seems like an entirely different person. I also agree with the Johnny Depp comments above. He has range as well.

wow some of y’all are tough!

Sean Penn is not a good person but honestly can act. He was so good in Mystic River. The scene where he finds out his daughter is dead is heartbreaking. And Dead Man Walking was another he did that was, IMO, exceptional work.

Tom Cruise can be good when playing something besides Tom Cruise. Interview with a Vampire comes to mind.

But there are some I agree with:

Kristen Stewart.
Jim Carey (I did like Liar, Liar)
Ashton Kutcher

Those were great roles! I also LOVED him in I Am Sam!! <3

Setting aside Tom Cruise's personal life (which I can because I just don't care about his antics or Scientology personally) I think he is a great action actor. He is in great shape for any age but especially for 56 and unless it has changed very recently he does his own stunts. Anything action he is in I will see because he is so good in that role. JMHO.

There are actors/actresses I don't like but still think they are good at what they do.

I like Melissa McCarthy and I have immensely enjoyed everything I have seen her in. She is a great comedienne But, I do not think she is a good actress. She has no range. Every role is the exact same character as the previous one.

I have to disagree to an extent, she now plays the same role over and over (IMO) but she did have early years where her range was better. She is great in Gilmore Girls, funny without being raunchy and she is unrecognizable in The Life of David Gale.

I have no idea how Kristen Stewart gets work. She has no personality or emotion that comes across on the screen.

Setting aside Tom Cruise's personal life (which I can because I just don't care about his antics or Scientology personally) I think he is a great action actor. He is in great shape for any age but especially for 56 and unless it has changed very recently he does his own stunts. Anything action he is in I will see because he is so good in that role. JMHO.

There are actors/actresses I don't like but still think they are good at what they do.

I just cannot support someone who is more than likely involved in the disappearance of someone’s wife. Or at the very least involved in covering it up.

Chris Hemsworth. I want to love him because he is so gorgeous, but the guy is such a terrible actor and forget about being in a love scene, just completely without any soul, depth or personality.

Jamie Foxx. aarrgghhh And some others I can't stand... Juliette Lewis, Marisa Tomei, Uma Thurman, Scarlett Johannson, Jennifer Lopez, Jack Black, Ryan Reynolds (ok, Deadpool is kind of funny, but he just tries to hard or something). Man, my list is longer than I thought!

Yeah but he is so pretty :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yup he is lol. Some actors people are putting on here are not meant to be high end actors, like Seth Rogan or Adam Sandler, but sometimes I just want to laugh and watch a light meaningless movie and they both make me laugh (at least sometimes) so they did their job. Chris Hemsworth's looks, which is the only reason he is in the movies, can't get him past the fact that he is so bad he can't even be the heartthrob in a B movie lol. If I want a great looking current actor I'll go with Christian Bale who can really act all the way back to Empire of the Sun that he did when he was about 14, or Tom Hardy.

Last edited:
I think that Chris Hemsworth is a great Thor plus I think that he does fine in lighter roles. There are certainly worse ones out there.

I used to be a big Johnny Depp fan but it's been a while since he made a decent movie. I think that Tom Cruise is very good.

I don't care for Al Pacino or Gwen Paltrow. Probably personal choice but I can't get around that.

I think that Chris Hemsworth is a great Thor plus I think that he does fine in lighter roles. There are certainly worse ones out there.

I used to be a big Johnny Depp fan but it's been a while since he made a decent movie. I think that Tom Cruise is very good.

I don't care for Al Pacino or Gwen Paltrow. Probably personal choice but I can't get around that.

Chris Hemsworth is hunky so if you just look at him in a role and it's all about the looks only, he does ok like Thor. Al Pacino is a really EXCELLENT actor. Like Johnny Depp but he makes some weird choices.

Last edited:
Chris Hemsworth is hunky so if you just look at him in a role and it's all about the looks only he does ok like Thor. Al Pacino is a really EXCELLENT actor. Like Johnny Depp but he makes some weird choices.
I thought that Hemsworth was pretty good in Rush but to each their own of course. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter