After Hours- why?

We went to the after hours in Hollywood Studios. It was amazing! We had gotten our genie plus to work so we had a couple rides stacked from 7-9:30. Then the park became empty. We walked directly on to Toy Story two times in a row! Then we got in a long line that moved very fast for a mickey bar, cokes and waters. Headed to Star Wars land for both rides where my family walked on to both each two times again. My son had started to hate Disney from the crowds this week but he was so much more relaxed this night. We then did Minnie and Micky and decided we were done. Though we did grab another icecream and sat on sunset boulevard before leaving. It was so nice being able to walk around Star Wars land and get to look at everything without people.
I will always look for this evening if I I ever go back to Disney.

Also, just in case anyone wonders. Savis workshop was open that night! We walked by and they were out saying it was open for building. My teens had already made one earlier that week so we didn’t buy but it is nice to know it was available.

Last edited:
yea in November I did MK and Epcot after hours
90 minutes in MK no lines for any ride I wanted to do did everything I wanted to do
same at Epcot a few nights later

The only line was for wheel chairs getting on the skyline.
You’re talking about the extended evening hours for deluxe guests I think. The after hours isn’t at epcot and the MK’s first one is Monday.

Another WHY?

One trip myself, DS#1, DS#2 and a friend were sharing a suite by the convention center. DS#1 and I were spending all our time at Disney. DS#2 and friend were at the MegaCon convention. They had no park tickets and were busy during the day. We went to an After Hours at MK where they were able to ride all the rides in a shorter amount of time. Was totally worth the ticket for them for sure. I didn't mind because of all we got to do and together. (We have AP, so tickets slightly discounted and we weren't "paying" for tickets for our trip.)

We've done MK about 4 times, the first being the first season and our tickets were only $75 and one a Villains. All along I kept saying DHS would be a great value, glad it's started. Be a great perk for folks not visiting Disney but wanting to experience Star Wars offerings, and any other park. It's like the old days when folks used to buy party tickets just for low crowds and rides. We found this year that low crowds is not what you find at parties so DAH might be better option.

Last edited:

Saw a lot of social media posts last night on the first HS after hours. The crowds were berserk. Right up until the end of the night, in fact, when the line for Tower looked extreme.

Not to ask the super obvious question, but why would anyone pay extra for this experience9

Saw a lot of social media posts last night on the first HS after hours. The crowds were berserk. Right up until the end of the night, in fact, when the line for Tower looked extreme.

Not to ask the super obvious question, but why would anyone pay extra for this experience?
As one of the old timers, who only paid $10 for after hours at MK in the 90's, I find the pricing insane.

I’ve heard of carb loading but never ice cream loading 😂😂😂 How’d that work out?? Good luck in your races—Disney races are the best.
I’ve heard of carb loading but never ice cream loading 😂😂😂 How’d that work out?? Good luck in your races—Disney races are the best.
We were recovering with chocolate (covered) frozen milk before the run😇

I was at the HS after hours this past week and honestly it’s the best way to experience the parks if you are mainly interested in rides, the park was empty and nearly everything was a walk on. I mentioned to my wife that I’d rather do these events (and/or moonlight magic) than having regular tickets or even an AP. You actually get to do the attractions instead of standing in line all day. I don’t understand paying the absurd amount to stand in a line all day to be honest. After hours is the way to go, plus you get free snacks and drinks for not too much more than a day ticket.
I’ve only been to 1 MM event and it was at HS. How did this after hours event compare to those

We were there on Wednesday night and it was amazing. Absolutely would do it again and there were no crowds at all. We walked on ROTR every time (3 times total), and the only wait we had during the party (got there at 9pm and waited about 20 mins for MMRR, as there were still regular park guests finishing up the night) was for Smugglers Run, as we waited about 25 minutes for.

IMG_2564.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2560.jpg
    IMG_2560.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 2
We went to the after hours in Hollywood Studios. It was amazing! We had gotten our genie plus to work so we had a couple rides stacked from 7-9:30. Then the park became empty. We walked directly on to Toy Story two times in a row! Then we got in a long line that moved very fast for a mickey bar, cokes and waters. Headed to Star Wars land for both rides where my family walked on to both each two times again. My son had started to hate Disney from the crowds this week but he was so much more relaxed this night. We then did Minnie and Micky and decided we were done. Though we did grab another icecream and sat on sunset boulevard before leaving. It was so nice being able to walk around Star Wars land and get to look at everything without people.
I also imagine it's fun not have to deal with all the other stuff that comes along with going to the parks, like Genie +. You just buy a ticket, walk in, ride, have fun. Novel concept.

Why? To avoid the sun. I have lupus and get sick with sun exposure. For a normal park day I arrive at park open, then returning to my hotel from 10 to 3pm, then go back after the peak of sunlight for the day. That's with wearing protective clothing, umbrellas, etc. After hours is easier, with lower wait times, and I don't have to worry about getting sick.

Why? To avoid the sun. I have lupus and get sick with sun exposure. For a normal park day I arrive at park open, then returning to my hotel from 10 to 3pm, then go back after the peak of sunlight for the day. That's with wearing protective clothing, umbrellas, etc. After hours is easier, with lower wait times, and I don't have to worry about getting sick.
That’s awful. I’m sorry. But has anyone ever pointed out the irony of your screen name?

Were you able to book genie plus with just the after hours ticket? Or did you already have daytime tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter