• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Age of DVC Members

How old were you when you purchased into DVC?

• 20-29

• 30-39

• 40-49

• 50-59

• 60+

Results are only viewable after voting.

vascubaguy

DIS Veteran
A post from a new member got me curious about age ranges of DVC members. I'm guessing, as they did, that those in their 20's are a "minority" of DVC members group.

So... what age range did you fall under when you purchased into DVC (note: not what age you are right now). It's an annonymous poll... oh... and you can do multiple selections (in case you want to include other members on the contracts).

I think a lot of this has to do with two things:

1. The ability to purchase the timeshare would probably be better among 40-49

2. 40-49 were HEAVILY brainwashed in Disney. (didn't we all watch Wide World of Disney after Wild Kingdom on Sunday nights? ;))

I put in 40-49 as I was 40 but DH is four years younger and there was not a place for two choices!!!

Wish we had bought when we were younger!!!

Susan

age 46 -- ten years older than we should have!

edingerc said:
...40-49 were HEAVILY brainwashed in Disney. (didn't we all watch Wide World of Disney after Wild Kingdom on Sunday nights? ;))

I prefer to think of it as properly educated :)

I used my age bracket, my DH is in the "next one" HA HA. Afraid we're slipping into a demographic that no one is interested in, but thanks a lot for asking! :) We joke all the time about the timeshare outliving us. We'll have to add on for sure so my 3 little vultures don't fight over the 2 we currently own.

I think the median age for buying DVC is 35 to 40.

a very, very young crowd for any timeshares.

It will be interested to see if the results have changed!

you know DVC changed because it was attracting a younger crowd than they orginially planned.

DVC was my 50th anniversary present to myself (and DH). I figure when it's done, I'm done too, but not before! My plans are to get the full 40 years. Good thing I didn't buy SSR!

Simba's Mom said:
DVC was my 50th anniversary present to myself (and DH). I figure when it's done, I'm done too, but not before! My plans are to get the full 40 years. Good thing I didn't buy SSR!

What the heck -- go for it :goodvibes

We bought when I was 28 and dh was 34.

For most:
20s = kids and less money
30s = some of both
40s = money and older kids

Thus the demographic spike in the 30s, in my opinion.

Blue&Gold said:
For most:
30s = some of both

50s = not much money left, spent it all on mid-life crisis.

Like I said, nobody cares about the 50+ group ;)

keishashadow said:
50s = not much money left, spent it all on mid-life crisis.

:rotfl2:
Are you driving around in sporty new convertible that cost more than your house?

Blue&Gold said:
For most:
30s = some of both

Oh, and don't forget about 20's = college, textbooks... BUT lots of financial aid loans that "could" be used on DVC!!! (why didn't I think of that... loans at 2% or less) :rolleyes1

We had 2 kids when we bought in and a boatload of student loans and a home mortgage etc but we just had to have the DVC LOL. We still have student loans and a mortgage and a 3rd child and we are currently trying for 2 more with the help of science LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter