• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Age of DVC Members

How old were you when you purchased into DVC?

• 20-29

• 30-39

• 40-49

• 50-59

• 60+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here's something to put a blip in the stats.

I bought when I was 42. No kids and currently not married (it's mine, all mine). Why did I buy? One, so that I am forced to take vacation every year. And two, to fulfill my duty as an Aunt. Spoil my Neice and Nephews at DWD and then send them home so they can whine to Mom and Dad that they want to go back!!!!! :rotfl2:

Mid 30's for both of us when we purchased in 1995. We recently celebrated our 10 year anniversary (DVC ownership) at SSR this past January.

I was 29 (one month shy of my 30th birthday) and DH was 30. Wish we had did the year earlier though!

Looks like lots of 30something DVC owners. DH and I were both 30-- wish we bought two years earlier when we first heard about it, but we didn't want to take the time from vacation to go on the tour-- something about turning 30 made us feel more adult like (I guess because we both kind of look younger and people always treated us like kids--- several times when we first moved in our house and answered the door the person would always say "are your parents home" DH and I still laugh when the doorbell rings :rotfl: ). I also wonder how many 30somethings paid cashed or financed?

We just bought and it was one month after we both had birthdays turning us 31 and 29. I guess that hit two demographics.
But like it has been said ... we're not the real owners they're 12, 11, 8 and
15 monthes. We figure we'll have to buy four 250 point contracts, just so we know that if anything happens to us they won't be fighting over it.
We're also already thinking of how in 10-15 years we'll most likely have grand kids to take, so we'll need the points anyway. Oh how we will enjoy this membership!!!!

Crissy

SpoonfulofSugar said:
Looks like lots of 30something DVC owners. DH and I were both 30-- wish we bought two years earlier when we first heard about it, but we didn't want to take the time from vacation to go on the tour-- something about turning 30 made us feel more adult like (I guess because we both kind of look younger and people always treated us like kids--- several times when we first moved in our house and answered the door the person would always say "are your parents home" DH and I still laugh when the doorbell rings :rotfl: ). I also wonder how many 30somethings paid cashed or financed?

I'm still a couple years from 30 something... but... I paid cash for my first contract (only 40 pts), charged the addon contract (110 pts) to a credit card (0% interest for 16 months).

We bought this year. I'm 44, DH is 43. We had always just used the room to sleep & shower, spending all of our time in the parks. Now that DS(19) is an adult we needed the extra space, 2 TV's, etc. We also didn't like paying the extra charges for 3/4 adults in the room. We now do Disney at a more relaxed, non commando mode. :flower:

I just have to update.... according to DVC (and my membership ID that I received today) I was a member back in 08/1995... so I was 18! :rotfl2:

KAB407:
I'm right there with ya. No kids, the points are all MINE!!! :cool1:
I just bought in Aug. and can't wait to take the nieces and nephews to "our" place. Then I can't wait to go by myself and just relax at Disney.
I'm 43 and also should have bought about 6 years ago when I first heard of DVC. Talk about dumb mistakes :confused3 .

Terri

orignally posted by kab407:
{I bought when I was 42. No kids and currently not married (it's mine, all mine). Why did I buy? One, so that I am forced to take vacation every year. And two, to fulfill my duty as an Aunt. Spoil my Neice and Nephews at DWD and then send them home so they can whine to Mom and Dad that they want to go back!!!!! }

We bought back in 2003 when I was 22 and DW was 19(SSR). Are there any owners around our age?? Speak up 20's couples!! :earsboy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edingerc
...40-49 were HEAVILY brainwashed in Disney. (didn't we all watch Wide World of Disney after Wild Kingdom on Sunday nights? ;))

JimC said:
I prefer to think of it as properly educated :)
I remember those days - Daniel Boone and all. I still remember Mutual of Omaha commercials interrupting the shows!

I think this is an interesting thread .

I'm curious, though. Would the results be about the same if the question read, "What are the ages of DISers?" In other words, do the results reflect the ages of those that join the DIS or those that buy DVC or both? If it's mainly folks in their 30s and 40s that visit the DIS, then that reflects greatly on the poll results. Hmmm...

DH & I were both 28 when we bought in at the BCV.
I was fortunate to have gotten a large and unexpected bonus through work, so we were able to pay cash. DH is in the real estate investment & rehab business, so he was totally on board w/ the decision.
Now at 32 we are both soooooo happy we did it!
It was one of the best investments we have made!
And who can argue- we've now paid for our vacations for the next 38 years!
Our DS just turned 4 and I am due w/ #2 in late Jan. We feel our kids are going to thoroughly enjoy this for many, many years. When they get sick of it, we'll go alone! :)

One was thirty something and one of us 40 something. The kids were two and three. That is another poll....how old were your kids when you bought! We didn't have any inclination to do prior to kids and if we knew...now we are Disney nuts and glad we have our kids complete childhoods to enjoy and by the time they go to college we will retire and spend a few months at OKW!! One advantage to buying a bit older! Then the grandkids will get to enjoy with us.

I was 25 and my DH was 26 when we joined. I wish we would have joined the first time we stayed with my grandparents at Vero Beach (22 and 23).

Christy

I was 37 when I bought in. Mom is also on the contract and we did it on the weekend of her 59th birthday. However I totally pay the dues and maid all the payments until it was paid off this past January. It's mine, all mine!

I do have 4 children with a huge age span, 22, 20, 13, & 6. The 6 year old is the only real Disney fan besides me so I guess it is mine & her's! LOL!

Lori

Wish we were able to purchase when we were younger but we certainly have no regrets.

We just bought in August. I am 32 and DW is 28. Should have purchased in 1998 but we weren't married and didn't know what the future held for us. :love: :groom: :bride:

I suspect the younger purchasers are just starting to be more prevelant than they were at the begining of DVC. When we purchased, I think most folks were at least over 40. Now I'd bet the average age of a new purchaser is significantly less than it was 10 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter