Age of DVC Members

How old were you when you purchased into DVC?

• 20-29

• 30-39

• 40-49

• 50-59

• 60+

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not trying to cause anyone grief, but I have to ask -- how is this a matter of planing? I did answer, and I am interested, but I'm still dazed and confused over the brew-ha-ha of the last few days. :confused3

editied to add, that a PM from Doc, or another WM to help me understand this is certainly welcomed. :)

54 for first contract OKW 1997 have since purchased BCV and SSR - Will be 99 when OKW and BCV run out - Probably need a wheelchair for those last few years at SSR. Kids have already said they will push my wheelchair if I need one to go to the 75th anniversary at DL.

Bought SSR in June at 54 on the birth certificate - only 10 years old in spirit. If I make the trip on the year the lease ends, you are all invited and the drinks are on me.

DH and I were 49 when we bought at DVC. That was when we felt like we could spend the money. And with the kids gone, we had more time and money for vacations. :goodvibes But our boys are looking forward to helping us use the points. Hopefully they can join us at the world next year.
Mary

I'm 21, but that doesn't count because I'm not the one who purchased, my parents did. We fit into the 40's and 50's category (money with older kids). My parents basically purchased on the intent that my sister and I will be married and have kids within the next 50 years :teeth: , and they know we'll be taking plenty of trips to Disney. We only have 170 points at SSR right now, but I'm sure we'll have plenty more in the future, to accomodate both our families.

In human years I am 35 ( this past year I purchased 5 ( I am Nuts) properties), but in Disney years I am about 8. Does that count?

we bought in '03 when i was 37 and my husband was 30 (yes i'm a cradle robber :rotfl: )

i fall into the mid to late thirties, have money but also had children late category...my kids are three and one.

We wanted to buy back in '95 when we were in our mid-20's, but 1st house, wedding, etc. nixed that plan. (Looking back, we probably had a lot more "disposable" income than we do now).

We bought last May at age 36/37 after deciding that we were spending to much of our vacation in the room watching the DVC channel. Our only regret is that we wished we would have bought in '95 when it was $50-something a point....................ah, youth.

Mrs. PB

We were late 30's when we purchased and boy do we wish we had taken the plunge 8 years ago when we first really considered it. All those years we could have had. Oh well, have to make even more use of it in the years to come!

What about the age at which people started adding on! Bet that for most it isn't very different from the original purchase. We have added on once and our first trip home is still to come this November!

We were late 20s (and childless) when we purchased, but I'm 33 like Mamaprincess and the real owners in our house are 3 and 10 months. :goodvibes

I was 40 and DH was 41 when we joined in 2001. We're mad we didn't join in 1994 when we were first introduced to DVC but at the time DH said "I don't want to buy that. I want to be able to stay someplace different (meaning the resorts) everytime". DUH!!!

We were 50 and 51 when we purchased. Our "kids" were grown, and now we are near 60 and happy to get to take family and friends for fun WDW times.

DVCconvert said:
I'm not trying to cause anyone grief, but I have to ask -- how is this a matter of planing? I did answer, and I am interested, but I'm still dazed and confused over the brew-ha-ha of the last few days. :confused3

editied to add, that a PM from Doc, or another WM to help me understand this is certainly welcomed. :)

Well, I suppose that it helps me to plan knowing the average age of my neighbours! ;)

Oh, and I did vote, and am intrigued by the results...

I believe I purchased it when I was 29, but the deed was actually closed and the paperwork I just looked at was signed when I was 30 because maybe in the rush to pocket as many free WDW pens in the process we confused the palm trees with the Mickey heads and they had to mail us something to mail back. But the trip we got it started was before my birthday. My life never really fits into neat little boxes.

vascubaguy said:
:rotfl2:
Are you driving around in sporty new convertible that cost more than your house?
Not quite, I'm on my 2nd/last marriage. Youngest DS is 12 and plays most sports; so I still have to wear the Football Mom Hat and need a bigger vehicle. I did buy a black Buick Rendezvous. "Tricked Out" as my 19 year sold said. Too bad I "ruined" it with a Haunted Mansion Plate & accompanying Mickey Ears dangling from the rear view mirror; I call it my Doom Buggy. Yep, parents are put on earth to embarass their young. :teeth:

DH sez he's trading in his near-death Cadillac for a Harley & a truck - oh boy, think he's going to use my DVC purchases as leverage. :moped:

keishashadow said:
DH sez he's trading in his near-death Cadillac for a Harley & a truck - oh boy, think he's going to use my DVC purchases as leverage. :moped:

Tell DH to skip the Harley and get a honda Valkry or a nice Honda VTX 13/1800 he will be happy he did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter