AK in evening on day with AM EMH

RedSonya

Mouseketeer
I've heard the park are incredible busy on days with EMH. I'm planning my October trip and considering going to AK on a Saturday evening about 4pm, hopefully with FP's. Will the park still be busy in the late afternoon. I'm guessing the other 3 parks will be busy as well so trying to find the park with the lowest crowds.

In my opinion, I don't think EMH's mess with the park crowds that much, or at least not as much as some people would lead you to believe. In the evening I wouldn't expect AK to be anymore crowded than non-EMH days. The Avatar land will be crowded regardless. Personally I wouldn't avoid a park because it has EMH in the morning.

There really isn't a significant impact anymore. Josh at EasyWDW periodically analyzes the crowd level data and it's a recurring theme that the EMH days are, on average, not significantly worse then other days. A few minutes per ride longer waits then the lowest crowd days of the week and typically not the most crowded day of the week at each park.

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/d...-you-visit-each-walt-disney-world-theme-park/

I also have been debating on going to AK on a morning EMH day. Arriving around 3:00 or 4:00. I did see on Touring Plans that they dropped the crowd level from 7 to a 6 that Saturday. I have never seen them drop an EMH day crowd level. They increased Epcot to a 9. I wonder why they decreased the crowd level for AK?

Spending the evening at a morning EMH park has been a well kept secret for years. The early arriving crowd will eventually get done and/or tire out.

If will still be packed mid-afternoon, but will die down considerably by 8 or 9 pm.

I don’t have any stats for AK, but we have been able to do more at MK during the last few hours of a morning EMH day than an EMH evening.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter