Akl Info Hot Off The Rumor Mill

Some of this is different from what Tony posted. I would certainly believe Tony's info over mine

Sure thing Beca. Every time I read one of your posts I question your sincerity. But with Greenban, I always know that he's serious. I know this because of that disclaimer you have at the bottom of your post. Oh wait, that's not you, who is that?;)

HBC

For all of you veterans. . .when has history shown to be the best time to buy in somewhere - the first offers when a resort is brand new or later ones (like Friends and Family)??

TIA

Ellen

For all of you veterans. . .when has history shown to be the best time to buy in somewhere - the first offers when a resort is brand new or later ones (like Friends and Family)??

TIA

Ellen

Hi Ellen:

I do not qualify as a DVC Veteran, I'm still too new, but I asked this specific question to my source, last night.

He said, the initial offering to existing members, before the first public offering has always been the lowest price for any of the DVCs after OKW.

He said, future promos (if history holds) will not beat this February offer.

Waiting to hear the *REAL* veteran's opinions.

-Tony

Each room type has 4 views with different rates.

Value View (actually cheaper than OKW!)
Standard View
Savanah View
Kilimanjaro Concierge View/Level Higer than BCV/VWL/BWV-preferred view.

-Tony

YES :banana: :banana:

VIEW!!!! (AKL is the ONLY place I pay for view, I am willing to use points for a view! !!!) This was my BIG reservation and the "view issue" is the one reason I have never really considere the Concerige at AKL. (For that much money I had better be GURANTEED a view!) If this is true then I will buy. If not I am still going to consider but view is a must for me here.

Also, just a hint. The "guides" at the kiosks are not salesfolks. As such they actually do get data LATER then the "sales people" guides. Now they get rumors from the sales people pretty fast however. But the info they are given is not the same.

I tend to agree with Tony and his source. Initial buy in tends to be your best offer, it only goes up (unless you hold out for resale!)

TIA

Ellen

not sure I am a veteran by any means, but this is like predicting the stock market. Naturally there is likely to be a beginning offer. But as to whether something will be offered as good or better later on, depends on many factors.

Such as is the resort in question selling slowly and they need to boost sales. Or is there another project waiting in the wings, and even though sales are good, they need to push current merchandise out of the way, to make way for the new.

My course has always been a bird in hand is better.

TIA

Ellen
Essentially always preconstruction. While there may be better specials later on in some cases, they are always tempered by higher prices than the initial buy in price.

I was told it would be aleast 5 when I was there on New Years.

So lets say I want 100 points. I have a Sept UY, Would I get 100 DP's and 2006 points then when my sept 2007 points?

So lets say I want 100 points. I have a Sept UY, Would I get 100 DP's and 2006 points then when my sept 2007 points?

Here it gets real tricky, depending on construction schedules and when buildings are released for use.

Right now, Deep-Croaker (my source) expects December 2007 to be the first AKL UY Sold. So for current year you would get developer points.

If this is true, and they start selling Feb 1, and you have an October UY, I'm not sure what would happen, my guess is no MFs until October 2008 and developer points in 2007, but I'm really out of my league here. Dean, WMD,Dr. P. Assorted Carols and Cats where are you?

-Tony

Here it gets real tricky, depending on construction schedules and when buildings are released for use.

Right now, Deep-Croaker (my source) expects December 2007 to be the first AKL UY Sold. So for current year you would get developer points.

If this is true, and they start selling Feb 1, and you have an October UY, I'm not sure what would happen, my guess is no MFs until October 2008 and developer points in 2007, but I'm really out of my league here. Dean, WMD,Dr. P. Assorted Carols and Cars where are you?

-Tony
LOL, anyone can guess. My guess is in the ball park with the others. Initially there will likely be a developer subsidy. Long term I'd think it would be about the highest since the Savannah would come into play for the cost and the transportation might be more since it's a little further out of the way compared to some.

TIA

Ellen

Can only comment on BCV and SSR - Bought both presale and price was never lower after that. I am not certain but some of the promotions with annual passes, extra points etc. may have brought it close - I never really sat down and did the math to see

Would love to get 50 points at AKV but can't justify it at this time- maybe I will put my 150 SSR contract up for sale and settle for less total points. Just hope I will be able to reserve at 7 months if I can't find a way to get those 50 points. Dh doesn't care about AKV but DS thinks AKL is the best Disney hotel so would like to have enough points to do a few days there every other year or so.

This is no doubt a stupid question, but if the first AKV UY sold is December, does that mean you can't request any other UY in order to have the same UY as your master contract?

This is no doubt a stupid question, but if the first AKV UY sold is December, does that mean you can't request any other UY in order to have the same UY as your master contract?
You can get anything and if you do an add on size, it must match an existing contract. The only question is then when you get your points. If I recall correctly, Dec was the first use year you got existing points which meant you actually got extra points to use later or at other resorts. For other use years you didn't get points for the proceeding uses year. Some also got developer points as a bonus.

You will not get any Sept, 2006 points - since the resort was not open at that time. You would probably NOT get any Sept, 2007 points - since the resort will not be open by then either - which is why they are offering Developer Points.

While DVC can certainly modify how they offer the new resort, in the past no Use Year points were available until the resort itself was open and they have not usually "backdated" the points to a time prior to opening. When SSR opened, members couldn't use their SSR points until their specific building was open for occupancy.

When we purchased HH pre-construction, no Developer Points were offered at all. The resort opened in March, 1996 and our first points were available on June 1, 1996 since we have a June Use Year.

You will not get any Sept, 2006 points - since the resort was not open at that time. You would probably NOT get any Sept, 2007 points - since the resort will not be open by then either - which is why they are offering Developer Points.

How about MF??? Would you need to pay for 2007, prorated to Feb1 of course? Or wait until your unit was open?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter