Akl Info Hot Off The Rumor Mill

How about MF??? Would you need to pay for 2007, prorated to Feb1 of course? Or wait until your unit was open?
Can't imagine they would make you pay MF before the resort is even open.

IIRC, SSR purchasers were not assesed MF until they actually received SSR points.

I expect we'll all be getting something in the mail soon.

You will not get any Sept, 2006 points - since the resort was not open at that time. You would probably NOT get any Sept, 2007 points - since the resort will not be open by then either - which is why they are offering Developer Points.

While DVC can certainly modify how they offer the new resort, in the past no Use Year points were available until the resort itself was open and they have not usually "backdated" the points to a time prior to opening. When SSR opened, members couldn't use their SSR points until their specific building was open for occupancy.

When we purchased HH pre-construction, no Developer Points were offered at all. The resort opened in March, 1996 and our first points were available on June 1, 1996 since we have a June Use Year.

For HH, could you have stayed in March borrowing from June?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but what are "developer" points?

WebmasterDoc said:
You will not get any Sept, 2006 points - since the resort was not open at that time. You would probably NOT get any Sept, 2007 points - since the resort will not be open by then either - which is why they are offering Developer Points.

If the reports today are correct, AKV may be open in September, 2007 - so I suppose it's possible that those with a September or October Use Year could get 2007 UY points - but - that would conflict with the (same) report that December, 2007 would be the first Use Year available.

Looks like we need more information before fully understanding how add-ons will actually be handled at the new resort.

I'm guessing that I need to start talking to Dh about the prospect of adding on :goodvibes

Is it a sign if my tax refund exactly matches the number of points I want to add on at VAKL?? I'll take any divine inspiration or pixie dust you want to throw my way...

greenban, I had you pegged as a Hoffman guy-- and I mean that in the best possible sense....;) thanks for the info!

Can't imagine they would make you pay MF before the resort is even open.

IIRC, SSR purchasers were not assesed MF until they actually received SSR points.

Please help me out - I need to decide whether to complete my SSR add-on, or switch to AKV.

I have an April UY. If I understand correctly, I would get points as of Apr 08, and my MFs would start then, correct?

I am using a price of $101 for AKV, plus either an $8 discount OR non-bankable developer points (don't know if there is a min purchase requirement).
SSR is $91 (min add-on not met). I receive current points (bankable) and MF due as of closing (2/07).

Due to MF delay, net cost will be ~$5 per point more for AKV.

Except for GVs, AKV point requirements are less than any (most?) DVCs, esp for weekend dates.

Maint fees will be lower for SSR than AKV.

I guess it comes down mainly to how important will home advantage be at AKV?
Opinions, anyone?

My thoughts on AK is that home advantage my be useful for the following:

-Concerige during off peak. Those points are not that high and I can see that being a big draw for DVC members. (it is for me LOL)

-Savannah View (if guaranteed) especially at peak times but depending on the layout possibly at all times.

I would contact your guide and get DETAILS on the points requirement for AKL. What Tony posted looked like a high level overview and may not give you the detail you need for your decision.

My thoughts on AK is that home advantage my be useful for the following:

-Concerige during off peak. Those points are not that high and I can see that being a big draw for DVC members. (it is for me LOL)

-Savannah View (if guaranteed) especially at peak times but depending on the layout possibly at all times.

I would contact your guide and get DETAILS on the points requirement for AKL. What Tony posted looked like a high level overview and may not give you the detail you need for your decision.

Exactly our reasoning, too. We use DVC in spring and in early December.

We also love AKL and that was the one thing holding us back from buying DVC in the first place, having to give up AKL stays. We always stay in savannah view rooms, that's the best thing about the hotel! I'll want my DVC room to be as good or better than a room I can get just by staying at AKL.

Cost to existing DVC Members $101.00 a point with a matching number of current year 'developer points' that may be banked. Probably first Use Year will be December 2007for 'real' AKL points.

Turn down developer points get $8.00 off per point or $93.00 per point.

So take the developer points, immediately rent them for $12 a point and make a profit of $4 per point toward the cost of purchase ($400 on a 100 point purchase) versus the $8 discount!

But wait, this might be commercial...er, professional...renting.

So take the developer points, immediately rent them for $12 a point and make a profit of $4 per point toward the cost of purchase ($400 on a 100 point purchase) versus the $8 discount!

But wait, this might be commercial...er, professional...renting.

Heck, I could rent them at $14.00 each. But with a 7 month shelf-life, nop banking, who wants that hassle. I'm buying in at $93.00 per point.

Plus if your not a member of the PDRA, you can't use the term professional renter ;)

-Tony

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter