AKV point chart

dvc_john

DVC since 1993
I was given an AKV point chart today at the preview center, and it differs in several areas from the one greenban posted. I checked some of the differences against the member's website point calculator, and the point calculator matches what I have (except sometimes it comes up zero, especially for 2-br's). Anyway, I'll post what I have in a few minutes as an edit!

ETA:

Studios

Value: 8/16, 8/17, 9/19, 11/21, 14/27
Std: 9/19, 10/20, 11/22, 12/25, 16/32
Sav: 11/23, 12/24, 13/26, 15/30, 20/40
Concierge: 13/27, 14/28, 15/31, 17/35, 23/45

1-br

Value: 16/32. 17/34, 19/37, 21/42, 27/55
Std: 19/38, 20/40, 22/44, 25/50, 32/65
Sav: 23/45, 24/48, 26/52, 30/59, 39/77
Concierge: 27/53, 28/56, 31/61, 35/69, 45/90

2-br

Value: 22/43, 23/46, 25/50, 28/58, 37/75
Std: 23/49, 25/51, 27/57, 31/64, 41/85
Sav: 30/60, 33/65, 35/70, 40/80, 53/104
Concierge: 37/72, 38/76, 42/83, 47/94, 61/122

GV:
69/87, 73/88, 81/108, 99/120, 120/145

Thanks for taking the time to post the chart.

I've been really dying to find out about the new villas in the lodge...
Where you able find out any info about the villa in the lodge?
Were are the value views located?
How many and were are the concierge rooms?
Are there any standard views?
How about Savannah views?
Any GV's? (conflicting rumors) Where?

I loved the lodge and might convince DH to get an add-on but I've got to come up with some data first.

Can't answer most of your questions except to repeat what has been mostly reported already.

Value rooms will be smaller than BCV rooms.
All other rooms will be larger than BCV rooms.
Standard views will generally be garden, pool, etc, (also possibly parking lot)
Concierge rooms get concierge service, but savannah view is NOT guaranteed for concierge rooms.
Savannah view is guaranteed for savannah rooms.
There will definitely be GV's. I think in both the lodge and the new building to be constructed.

Resort will open Sept 1.
Ressies taken beginning May 16th using AKV points.
Ressies taken beginning June 6th using non-AKV points.

Thanks John. Just thought I'd ask.

If the value rooms are to be smaller rooms. I would assume they would be the standard size rooms on the girafee and ostrich trails of the 5th floor. These rooms face the parking lot, pool or savannah. It would be a great deal to get a savannah or pool view for that point price.

Hummm..

I agree, thanks John.

Sooo ... what are the benefits of concierge? Other than a 'maybe Savannah view' ?

Thanks for posting! The points chart is very useful.

BTW, what's the RTU expiration year?

I've been really dying to find out about the new villas in the lodge...
Where you able find out any info about the villa in the lodge?
Were are the value views located?
I hesitate to post the following because the info I have is sketchy and I'm not sure I got the details down exactly right but, here goes...

Studios in the main lodge building will come in two sizes: 316 sq feet and 365* sq feet. The smaller ones are "value" studios. (* I think I misheard this because 355 sq ft would make more sense. The deluxe rooms at AKL are 40 sq ft larger than the standard rooms so I would expect the difference in size between a "value" studio and the other studios would be approx. 40 sq ft, not 50 sq ft.)

Some of the 1 BRs in the main lodge building will be 629 sq ft and others will be 710 sq feet. Again, I believe the smaller ones will be "value" 1BRs.

The 1BRs in the new building will be 807 sq. feet. I don't have the size of the studios in the new building.

As a comparison, studios at SSR are 355 sq ft, 1 BRs are 714 sq ft. Studios at BWV are 412 sq ft, 1BRs are 814 sq. ft. So the larger studios and 1BRs in the lodge building will be comparable in size to those at SSR. The 1BR in the new building will be similar in size to the 1BR at BWV.

I also heard the pool will be very large and the new restaurant will overlook the savannah.

Sooo ... what are the benefits of concierge? Other than a 'maybe Savannah view' ?

You get full concierge access....the food, the drinks (yes, wine and liquors in the evening), the lounge (which I would guess will have a view even if your villa doesn't), and of course the CMs who get almost anything done, it seems!

Need a last minute ADR and WDW dining says no? The concierge CM can make it happen.

I cannot wait to stay at AKL Concierge!

Deb's site www.allearsnet.com has pics of the concierge offerings (food and drinks) as well as a great write up.

major brain fart... How do I read the chart?
The five comma-separated values in each line correspond to the five "seasons": Adventure, Choice, Dream, Magic and Premiere. In each pair of numbers (ex: 8/16), the first number is the number of points for one weekday night (Sun-Thu), the second number is the number of points for one weekend night (Fri or Sat).

You get full concierge access....the food, the drinks (yes, wine and liquors in the evening), the lounge (which I would guess will have a view even if your villa doesn't), and of course the CMs who get almost anything done, it seems!

Need a last minute ADR and WDW dining says no? The concierge CM can make it happen.

I cannot wait to stay at AKL Concierge!

Deb's site www.allearsnet.com has pics of the concierge offerings (food and drinks) as well as a great write up.

Thanks! Based on what I read, I didn't see any 'add' pricing? Does that mean all the food/drinks/wines/etc of the concierge level are included with your room/point fees? That'd just wild! And the ADR thing is awesome! :)

Our guide, Bernard, mentioned the first day to make reservations using AKV points was April 4th. Wonder which date is correct....

Our guide, Bernard, mentioned the first day to make reservations using AKV points was April 4th. Wonder which date is correct....
I heard the May 16th date today and that it was a recent change. I guess we just need to stay tuned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter