AKV point chart

Thanks dvc john!!!

I bet your poor BIL is furiously working his fingers to the bone!! Here's to you both....:drinking1 :thanks:

You get full concierge access....the food, the drinks (yes, wine and liquors in the evening), the lounge (which I would guess will have a view even if your villa doesn't), and of course the CMs who get almost anything done, it seems!

Need a last minute ADR and WDW dining says no? The concierge CM can make it happen.

I cannot wait to stay at AKL Concierge!

Deb's site www.allearsnet.com has pics of the concierge offerings (food and drinks) as well as a great write up.

Also includes the right to book the sunrise safari, I think although I have no idea if there is an additional charge or not.

Guess I'll be calling my guide this AM - The points do not match the numbers given to me by my guide earlier this week. I'll be just a few points short of my intended stay(s) unless I change my contract slightly. :(

Thanks for the explaination and thanks for posting that. The points are awesome!!!! I expected it to be much higher! Now I am just begging DH that we do an addon ! He is being really tough.

Guess I'll be calling my guide this AM - The points do not match the numbers given to me by my guide earlier this week. I'll be just a few points short of my intended stay(s) unless I change my contract slightly. :(

Maybe your guide was using the 'incorrect point chart' I supplied him!

Okay, petulent whinning done now :thumbsup2

-Tony

Called my guide yesterday. The date had changed for booking, May 16th for AKL point holders. Also-one other change he noted about the founder's tapestry, everyone who purchases above 150 points in the month of February gets their names on the tapestry. He said if they have to they will just make 2. He also said that the GVs they are planning will sleep 15 people.

Oh Tony, you know you're appreciated. I went and modified my homemade point charts last night. Where I lost a few points on the studios and one bedrooms, I gained them on the two bedrooms. If it makes you feel better, I think your GVs were pretty much correct.

Also includes the right to book the sunrise safari, I think although I have no idea if there is an additional charge or not.

The sunrise safari will cost additional per person. The last time I booked it we paid $55. per adult. I'm thinking $27.50 for children but that could be off since all in my party were over 10.

Thanks for posting the point chart. Do You know how many people each category of value room sleeps or do they not have information about room capacity? Thanks!:goodvibes

Our guide, Bernard, mentioned the first day to make reservations using AKV points was April 4th. Wonder which date is correct....

My guide told me April 4th as well for making ressies, and Sept. 1st for stays.

Thanks for posting the point chart. Do You know how many people each category of value room sleeps or do they not have information about room capacity? Thanks!:goodvibes

The point chart I have says:

Studio: sleeps up to 4
1-br: all sleep up to 4, most sleep up to 5
2-br: all sleep up to 8, most sleep up to 9
GV: sleeps up to 12

I assume the values are 4/8, and all other categories are 5/9

The point chart I have says:

Studio: sleeps up to 4
1-br: all sleep up to 4, most sleep up to 5
2-br: all sleep up to 8, most sleep up to 9
GV: sleeps up to 12

I assume the values are 4/8, and all other categories are 5/9

That gives me some hope. I had read somewhere that the value 1BR and studios only slept 2.:scared:

I certainly hope you are the one who is right.

That gives me some hope. I had read somewhere that the value 1BR and studios only slept 2.:scared:

I certainly hope you are the one who is right.

My guide told me all 1 bedrooms would have a pull out chair to sleep 5.

I was told yesterday by my guide that the GV's will sleep up to 15.

Thanks DVC John!

I know I'm new to all this... but this brings to mind a few thoughts.

A little strange that Disney is taking contracts from its best customers without publishing the charts. We all jump on the bandwagon... thanks to good info from Greenban and others. But nothing on web site... nothing in card we received... strange.

So, does that mean since it is in print it's official... or should we expect another change? Could that one be a misprint.

I know DVC has the concept that a set number of points are given and can be rearranged... but not added to. Does anyone know what the point total for this resort is? I'm sure I wouldn't be smart enough to utilize that number... but it would be nice to know... because I'm sure a some of you know how to deal with that.

Seems like the change was mostly an increase... mainly 1pt... some 2pts... some 3pts... did I see a 10pt??? It seems that there were some decreases.... on mostly the std 2BR. Wonder if it equaled out? Just from looking I would say no it didn't.

It just seems a shame that Disney would allow grapevine information... to be the sole source of decision making... especially in dealing with their BEST customers!

If they can print it... it can be on the web site. Is that too much to ask?
Is this the way they traditionally start a new project?

Just wondering.

-Tony

Hey don't feel bad Greenban, your info is only as good a your source. Ribbit!

Keep your chin up!

You'll have more opportunities to be wrong.:lmao:

If people are ("brave,stupid,misguideded,wise, fill in the gap") enough to buy the points without knowing how many they will need for their typical stay that is their decision, personally I would not, but hey its their money to do with as they will, I too noticed an increase over greenbans points for when I would want to stay which would be i a studio. Its a considerable number more for a full week than any other resort.

If people are ("brave,stupid,misguideded,wise, fill in the gap") enough to buy the points without knowing how many they will need for their typical stay that is their decision, personally I would not, but hey its their money to do with as they will, I too noticed an increase over greenbans points for when I would want to stay which would be i a studio. Its a considerable number more for a full week than any other resort.

Some categories are lower than other resorts (value and standard). Some are higher (savannah view and club).

With the one transfer a year you can always transfer a few points if you need them. But 125 should cover what I need most years. We rarely stay over a weekend and even more rare do we go past the magic season. But your correct buying at 50 points or so just to get in is not smart to say the least. Plus you save $8.00 a point for 100 points or more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter