AKV-Preview Ctr.- Studio - Photos

Thanks for posting these! I'm guessing this is one of the studios in the redo from the main lodge, because you can see some remnants of the mainl lodge furnishings and acoutraments.
Actually I think this is the Kidani Village studio. The last photo is of the bathroom and there is just a single sink. The Lodge studios have a double sink. Also in the Lodge studios, the connecting door to the 1BR is in between the A/C unit and the kitchenette. In the Kidani Village studios, the door is just on the other side of the wall from the sink. But otherwise, the studios are very similar so I think it is pretty representative of both of the studios.

Another interesting thing -- I think the first photo is actually of the 2nd bathroom from the 1BR unit.

I'm interested in knowing how the studios in the main lodge compare to the studios in Kimani (?) village. Aren't they smaller? I'm a little confused. Are there value studios in both locations? What, exactly, is a value studio?

then where is the picture of the tub for the studio?
The only photo of the studio bathroom shows only the vanity. The tub would be just to the right of the vanity. See the door hinge in the photo? That is the bathroom door and the door opens into the bathroom, towards the tub.

I'm interested in knowing how the studios in the main lodge compare to the studios in Kimani (?) village. Aren't they smaller? I'm a little confused. Are there value studios in both locations? What, exactly, is a value studio?
The value studios are located in Jambo House and will be smaller (316 sq ft). The non-value studios in Jambo House (365 sq ft) are almost the same size as the studios in Kidani Village (366 sq ft). Based on the floor plans, the differences are pretty minor:

1. The layout as you walk into the studio is a bit different:
- Jambo House: as you walk in the door, there is an A/C unit, the connecting door to the 1BR and then the kitchenette.
- Kidani Village: A/C unit, kitchenette, connecting door and then something that looks like a small closet.

2. Bathroom layout:
- Jambo House: open area with a double sink with a doorway to a small room with toilet and tub.
- Kidani Village: there is a door into the bathroom area with a tub and single sink, then another door into a small room with the toilet.

ETA: added studio sizes

The only thing I don't like is the bathroom sink where you can see the plumbing underneath. Hopefully they will fix that because it's TACKY!

That said I can't wait to stay here!

What? You mean white PVC isn't considered authentic African decor?:lmao:

Thanks for the pictures! I am going over in May to see the preview villas. I can't wait to see it for my self.

Well.....

I like the carpet.

:confused3

I'm find it dark and dreary. The bathroom tile was nice.

Oh well. Not everyone likes the same things.

Randall

:rainbow:

Ok, not to sound dissident but the studio did not impress me as much as the one bedroom. Overall I think it is nice, but a couple of the furnishings were not as impressive. Two things really stood out as being icky.

1) The couch. I liked the look of the leather couch in the one bedroom. It added some character to the room and fit in better than a red fabric couch.

2) The dresser beneath the TV. Hopefully it was just the picture but it looks like tacky 70's furniture to me.

On to the likes:

1) The chairs in the sitting area look really nice! The styling reminds me of certain moroccan pieces.

2) I really like the clothing armoire. I wish it had double bars so more could fit in it. I am sure they needed to account for long items like jackets and dresses though.

Again OP, thanks so much for taking the time to post photos to this thread and the other one!

I have to say after looking at the pictures, I'm a little disappointed. IMO it all looks rather cheap looking. The countertops look very thin and cheap and the open areas under the sink look very utilitarian. Surely they are going to put some doors on them. IMO the furnishings look mis-matched. I'm still excited about our purchase at AKV, but I'm kind of letdown on the unit's appearance.

:

1. The layout as you walk into the studio is a bit different:
- Jambo House: as you walk in the door, there is an A/C unit, the connecting door to the 1BR and then the kitchenette.
- Kidani Village: A/C unit, kitchenette, connecting door and then something that looks like a small closet.

I though all the studio would have the connecting door first before the kitchennette - but I missed alot on this resort.

thanks!!!

I though all the studio would have the connecting door first before the kitchennette - but I missed alot on this resort.

thanks!!!
Just to confuse things even more, some of the studios in Jambo House will have the connecting door after the kitchenette. It looks like there is some structural element that prevents them from putting the door just before the kitchenette in some cases. Here is the floor plan for Unit 29. There are two studios in this unit. One has the connecting door before the kitchenette, the other has it after the kitchenette:

81115AKV_Unit_291.JPG

Those look nice. I do hope they cover up the vanity, though.

ok never stayed at AKL so do the rooms that they are turning into DVC all have a balcony or 1st fl patio

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter