Amy's Journal: Comments Welcome!

Thank you so much Pearlie, its good to see you!

I tell ya, stepdad has beyond disappointed me. My counselor said once that he manipulates me and I think that's true. He often manipulated me when she was sick to make me feel like he was the one suffering the most. He plays games between me and my sister, often telling us each things the other says, knowing that will push buttons for us both. Very juvenile. I still love him, but not sure how much of a relationship I can have with him. I see so much now what my mom went through. She loved him dearly but she paid a high price for that. At this point, I need to just let this thing go to the back burner. He knows how much I want the stuff of my parents and to an extent I feel a bit like he's toying with my emotions on this. So I need to back off and not let him get to me. It is just stuff. Very important stuff but stuff all the same. Bottom line, I need to get through this Christmas. Its been harder than I thought it would be. Everywhere I go, I am reminded of memories of my mom, my childhood and all that is lost. But I am really also enjoying the season with my husband and kids. When we feel like crying we do, then we laugh about some fun memory with my mom. As my support group always tells me, there's no wrong way to feel. Only not allowing yourself to feel is wrong since that does so much damage.

One good thing, this crap with stepdad is possibly going to get my brother and sister speaking again. When brother hears the things stepdad says about our sister, it really makes him mad! He can say what he wants, but nobody else better. Brother told me we need to circle the wagons, decide how we want to handle the remaining things of our parents and then approach stepdad together. Music to my ears. I need both my siblings to at least speak to each other!

I did well with food the past two days. I resisted the urge for fast food last night and ate very well today. We had dinner at friends and I had just a small portion of chicken, veggies and mashed potatoes. And three small Chirstmas cookies. I did have one beer and a big glass of water. And drank 100 oz of water today. I also cleaned this house from top to bottom. Busy hands make my head less likely to dwell! I also did a short walk. I need to get back to longer walks. Its warming up, I think the track may be mostly melted. I need to buy more punches for my rec center card and honestly, with a $75 minimum, I don't have that right now. But I plan to make that my bday present to myself, just need to wait until after Christmas!

Omg, I will be 44 years old two weeks from today. :sad2: Time to get in shape, I am so deep into middle age I can't see my young days anymore!

Ds' dad was in the hospital yesterday. I think this latest scare has made him realize that in no way can he travel to this altitude. He is thinking of joining us for a few days at WDW in June. Now that would be nice. I enjoy spending time with him, at a hotel, not in my house for seven solid days! Today was his birthday, he was tickled we called and sent a gift. Sadly, I doubt his other two sons acknowledged the day. Families!

Dan is taking tomorrow off to spend it with me. I really thought this would be like other times when he promised to take a day off but he is really doing it! We plan to have lunch out, take a walk around the lake of our favorite park and maybe take a nice drive. I think its really sweet he is doing this, I know he's swamped but he is determined to give me special day for an early birthday celebration. The only hitch is that ds is sick again. I don't think he is fully over his stomach thing, he has diarrhea, and not much appetite. I am keeping him home tomorrow. He is just wiped out and a three day weekend to recover is in order. He says he is fine to be home alone for a few hours but we may switch to something close to home. Poor kid, at 5'6" and 88 pounds, he doesn't have much meat on his bones to be this sick! He stayed home tonight and ate some white rice poor kid. When he doesn't feel like going to friends to eat, you know he's under the weather!

So in all, I feel back on track. This is a tough time of year to do well, but I am still determined to take off a few pounds and not blow it all to heck in the last weeks of 2008. Just that much more to lose in 2009!

We leave six months from tomorrow for WDW, I am determined to be a whole lot skinnier by that trip! Have we heard that before?????

We are in the deep freeze here. I don't think it even got into the double digits yesterday, brrr! Its nice to have a white Christmas, but I have a feeling once January gets here, I will be very ready for spring but a lot of months to go for that!

Food has been good, exercise very little. I ate too many party foods at my sister's on Sunday, but then skipped dinner and slammed the water. I try to hop on the treadmill but really hate that thing. Walking outside with snow, ice and subzero temps isn't happening obviously. I hope to have the money to load some punches on my rec card. But given the amount of money I'll be spending at the grocery store and other Chrismtas expenses, that may not happen. I am debating about starting my WW back up. I didn't renew this month's card. I haven't gone in over a month and I am so sick of spending that $40 per month to not go or not do the program. But I know I won't do well on my own. When I do well (which isn't that often sad to say), its because the accountablity of a weigh in keeps me from cheating. I have to think about that one.

I am looking forward to Christmas, dh's family visit in particular but have to say, I am ready for the new year. Its bound to be an improvement!

Hope everybody is doing well, staying warm and ready for Christmas!:santa:

Happy Birthday, Amy!!!!!!:bday:

I hear ya about the snow....I would love a white Christmas and then 70's and sunny the rest of the year. ;)

I want you to know that I have been praying for you. I know this situation with your stepfather can't be easy, especially when you're missing your mom. I am praying that he does the right thing by you and your family. :hug:

I hope you have a great day tomorrow!:hug:

Thanks Tracy, I really appreciate the prayers.

Talked with my brother tonight and hung up the phone in tears. He informs me that he is done with my sister for good. I was a bit shocked since I thought he was softening up a bit. I hear his anger and it makes me so sad. I want to be optimistic but have to face reality. They haven't spoken in 11 months.

You know its funny. Growing up, the four of us, me, my mom, my brother and sister were a close family. It wasn't perfect at all, but when my dad died, we banded together and we always stayed close. Through the years, people would say to me, "you are so lucky to have such a close family". I guess not. I really feel like I let my mom down. She would be so sad. Somehow, I feel partly responsible. Too many times I would tell my brother things about my sister, to rant and have a shoulder to cry on, and that really didn't help. So good lesson to not gossip and not feed the flames. If I need a shoulder to cry on or somebody to unload to, I have a husband. Who is a big enough person to let me do that but still go on loving my sister in spite of her faults. What makes me sad is that she somehow doesn't know how angry my brother is. She knows its bad, but I think she thinks it will all be okay. She spent her last $30 today buying my nieces a Christmas gift, I helped her order it online (she for some reason doesn't know how to shop online, go figure). I told that to my brother and he said "who cares". His hard heart makes me just so sad. Dh and I talked later, I have been thinking this was all just tied up with the grief process but in reality, this has been brewing for 10 years. I think my brother kept things polite until my mom died and now feels no need to keep that up. Part of me understands, I mean, I of all people know how my sister can be. I have come close to thinking I could just walk away but never come close to doing so. Oh well, we are all different. I will tell you this, its been one hell of a year. Only fifteen days to go and then I can kiss this one goodbye.

After I hung up, I just sat there almost ill. Then the phone rang, it was my cousin. His son and his wife are expecting a baby, his first grandbaby. So life does go on. I really enjoyed that good news!

Well, sorry to rant. I really don't know why sometimes I post this stuff on a public forum. But somehow, it makes me feel better. One thing is for certain, it is time for me to bow out of this situation. I think me being involved is only making things worse.

I watched the Biggest Loser tonight, it was really motivating to see the winner and how all the contestants had done. I could do that too! I mean, clearly I can't lose 110 pounds in 24 weeks but I really enjoyed watching the show. It was the first one that I had watched from start to finish. I plan to watch the new one in January and be a big loser myself!

Food today was so so. I overate at dinner, it was lowfat but still too much food to eat. Did well with water. No exercise. I may just whip out the old credit card and go get soem punches on the old rec center card. Is it okay to pay interest if its for a good cause???:rotfl:

I am so glad you didn't say who the BL winner was, I DVR'd it and haven't watched it yet!

Sorry I've been MIA, I was in the UK and Germany last week then caught some nasty cold on the plane ride back...

My friend, who is 38 and has non-Hodgkins lymphoma (currently on her 4th recurrence) once told me that life is too short to spend it with people who suck the energy out of you. She is the most positive person I have ever met, especially given what she is dealing with. I think you may have reached that situation with yout stepdad. You might just want to take a break from him. Not to say you can't be civil when you see him, but maybe the visits, etc should be cut way down. And choose to spend your time with people who make you feel good (glad Dan's family does that and will be visiting soon!).

Same applies to your brother/sister situation. It is NOT your fault that they are not talking to each other. They are both grown-ups and they need to work it out between themselves. You will have a lot less stress if you stop putting yourself in the middle. You have done all you can to try to fix the situation, and it hasn't worked, so try taking a back seat for a while and hopefully things will eventually get better.

I know you will do great in '09!!!! Whatever I can do to help, let me know. We can do e-mail reminders or something, if you don't join WW again. And have weekly weigh-ins as well. You have all the tools you need, you can always come to WISH for your "meetings".

Hang in there, only a week 'til the madness ends!

Lol Amy, I did that reazling a lot of people haven't watched it yet! I love that show, can't wait for the new one in January.

Your advice is good and just what I needed to hear. I have backed off from stepdad. I haven't seen him since Thanksgiving weekend, a world record for us. I feel somewhat bad but would rather irk him than me right now! He called and wanted us to come over tonight, I lied and said we had an office Christmas party to attend. I just need my space. And you know what, I don't feel guilty!

As for brother and sister, I am done worrying about that one too. They'll deal with it or they won't. I love them both. This can only affect me if I let it. And I realize I didnt' let my mom down. You know, I could look at this as they (as in brother and sister) let ME down. They both know how badly I want our family to be reconciled. But neither one cares enough to do that. I'll say "do it for me, just try for me". No dice. So let them hash it out. But I am telling you, I won't play go between anymore. If they want to know the other is doing, they can jolly well pick up the phone and call the other one. I am not one of those pidgeons that carries messages!

Food was really a struggle yesterday. I ate two enormous pieces of lasagne last night. To my credit, I was hungry. I waited 20 minutes after piece #1 before I got piece #2. No idea why I was so hungry. I also did get in all my veggies for the first time in weeks. So that was good.

Today's food:
Breakfast: skipped. Got busy and forgot to eat. A minor miracle for me ;)
Lunch: Normal piece of lasagne, orange.
Dinner: To be determined!

I can't wait for 2009. Amy thanks for always beleving me and sticking with me. I like the email thing. I just don't know if I want to keep spending the money at WW. At least not right now when our heating bills are sky high and the orthodontist is the biggest payment after my mortgage and car. I am telling you when I get that thing paid off, I am having a party!

I know what you mean about the orthodontist bills! :headache: I just had to start payments for DS12. And DD9 really wants braces, but fortunately she can wait until she is older and all her grown up teeth are in. DS had to get teeth pulled and moved around so all his permanent teeth could even fit into his mouth! We are in the wrong business, that's for sure! :confused3

How are things going? Are you having a good visit with family?

I hope we can help each other out in '09, I know I need to focus on the mental relationship with food. I think once that is under control, the rest is a piece of cake. Calorie-free cake, of course! :rotfl:

Hi Amy,

How are you doing, WISH sis?:hug: I know I haven't been posting much lately, but I wanted you to know that I have been thinking about you and praying for you. :hug: I hope you have a great time with your family this week! :)

Thank you Amy and Tracy!

Amy: I really hope for your sake ds' bill is paid off before your dd gets them on! Because once you have to pay for two ortho bills at the same time, its not pretty!

Tracy: I am hanging in there, I haven't been posting much either. I need to go "check you out" and see how things are in Ohio! By the way, your Cavaliers really made holiday mincemeat out of my Nuggets!!

Dan's family is here and we are having a very nice time. Its sort of amazing how unstressed I am. Hmm, maybe its being with people who are just here to enjoy Dan, me and the kids with no other agenda that makes me feel that way??? We went to the mall yesterday to have lunch and do a bit of last minute shopping and we had lunch as well. I literally hadn't been to a mall all season so it was fun. Maria's friend was with us, her dad is in Iraq and it was nice for us to get to spend a day with her. Please keep that little girl's dad in your prayers for his safe return. Her name is "K".

I am eating pretty much in Last Supper mode. Each meal might well as be my last given what and how much I am eating! And I really don't care. I have decided I will do my New Year's Resolution on New Year's Eve or else on the 2nd. I plan to start back up at Weight Watchers AGAIN next week. I might as well get a bit of a head start. We are going over to friends for NYE, so that will be my last eent of the holiday season for just something casual with all the kids so I'll have flex points to work with if I do go that day. If I go on Friday the 2nd, no worries what one more food fest will do, I think the damage is already done! I just want to get started now rather than the followoing week. I plan to just start over. New book (weigh in booklet that is with my weight recorded). Its driving me nuts that I keep focusing on what I weighed in 2006 and 2007 and how much I have gained back, how much I need to lose before I can get another ribbon and I think its just better for me to really start over. So I may go NYE or I may wait and go January 2nd. But I plan to go next week. In the meantime, I apparently plan to eat myself silly!

Dh's family is taking us out to dinner tonight, my favorite restaurant and today we are seeing a movie. On Christmas Eve we plan to go to a local outdoor lights display and church. I picked my mom's favorite church to go to that night. Its funny, she never belonged to that church but for some reason loved going there on Christmas Eve. I just sort of think she'll be there with me. Its going to be very hard. I can honestly say singing Silent Night on Christmas Eve is the moment I have been dreading for almost a year. My whole life, she and I would always sit next to each other, holding hands. Since 1972, the first Christmas after my dad died, I would always think, "oh I hope I never have to be without my mom on Christmas Eve". Well that day is here, but I am going to get through it. Then dh has bought me a bottle of champagne and we plan to come home and toast in Christmas and my mom's life. I am almost thinking it won't be so sad as I think. After all, having my own personal angel always looking out for me is something to celebrate.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas . I plan to journal more regularly in the New Year. I really feel like 2009 is going to do it for me. And I know I say that every year, but eventually I have to be right and why not this next year?!?

Amy, getting squared away with the emotional/mental component of food is definitely my goal as well. I agree, the rest will be a piece of cake. Or a piece of fruit shall we say!!!

Thank you friends, enjoy your time with family and be safe this holiday season!

Merry Christmas, Amy!:santa:

I am so glad to hear that you are having a nice, stress free time with Dan's family. :goodvibes

I think singing Silent Night while holding your mom's hand every year is such a special memory for you! Just reading about it makes me cry. I know that your personal angel is always with you and will definitely be there with you in church tomorrow. :hug:

Have a blessed Christmas, my friend. :hug: I'm thinking about you and praying for you.:hug:

Merry Christmas Amy! I've been thinking about you a lot over the past weeks and my thoughts were with you during this time.

A belated Happy Birthday to you as well!

Thank you Diane and Tracy, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my Wish Sisters!

I survived Christmas. I am so glad its over, although I am blue missing Dan's family. They really helped make it a nice holiday for all of us. We did some fun things, including going up to the mountains on Christmas Eve and finding the spot where Dan's grandparents' ashes had been scattered. None of them had been up there in over 20 years but with the help of a park ranger we managed to find it. So that was really special, and I can see why Grandma and Grandpa picked that spot.

We did go to church on Christmas Eve but I didn't get as emotional during Silent Night as I would have thought. I think the really boring sermon the minister preached just before helped kill my mood! I came home afterwards and after everyone had gone to bed I lit a candle to my mom and sat by the tree alone and had my good cry and got that out of my system. Other than that, my worst, sad moment of missing my mom was when I blew out my cake candles on my birthday Christmas night. And I must say, stepdad was a grumpy old man on Christmas. He snapped at the kids, and was just bascially a kill joy. At first I thought maybe he was missing my mom, but then he told me he was missing his girlfriend! Ahh, young love! I guess she was over at her son's house, probably being a love sick pain in the butt just like he was! In any case, he was nicer when we drove him home just Dan and me. I think he's just getting to that age when he doesn't do well around a lot of activity. So my sister didn't invite him today to nephew's bday party and I am glad. She and I decided we need to see him separately, more low key. He is 84 after all and I do think when you get us all together its just too much for him. So we'll go with his flow. Dan and I are going over on New Years Day to take down his tree and spend some time with him. And that will officially close out the holiday season of 2008 and I can't wait! I then plan to go see Marley and Me, eat my weight in popcorn, have a good cry during the sad part and then join WW the next day!

Dan's aunt and cousin gave me some money for my birthday and I think getting some prepaid WW coupons is a good use for that. My cousin's daughter is getting married Memorial Weekend and I would just LOVE to lose some serious weight by that wedding. My knees are killing me, I feel like total crap about myself and I just need to do this. I feel throroughly disgusted, very excited to get started and think maybe leaving 2008 and really the last 7 years of my life behind is going to be a move in the right direction. I have also decided to end my involvement with my Alzheimers Support Group. It was great for me when my mom was alive, but now when I go, it feels depressing. I talked with the facilitator, I was feeling guilty about leaving my friends but she says its time to move on. So I'll still see a couple of the good friends I made for lunch once a month, but need to stop going to the meetings. Again, time to move on.

I hope everyone has a nice New Years, I am ready for 2009!

Well, in my early bird efforts for health, I am going to post today. Even though I woke up with the intention of overeating and did indeed do that, I want to get back in the habit of daily posting! I am sort of eating through my leftovers. I also sat and watched TV all day long. Very unusual for me. I think I am just on holiday exhaustion and overload, this is the first time in something like two weeks I haven't had a party or event to either host or attend. I am just beat! So I took the day off, am still in my pj's and ate whatever my fancy took me to.

Breakfast: Some leftover southwest pork filled wontons. These actually aren't too bad on the calorie front. Then I had some queso and fritos which is beyond bad on the calorie front.

Lunch: Bowl of peppermint ice cream and a diet pepsi. One cookie

The only good thing I have done is drink a bunch of water. And I did thow away some stuff so that was good.

Went to nephew's 25th birthday yesterday. As usual, I ate too much and watched my nephew's very skinny girlfriend eat very little. Gee, I wonder why I am fat and she is skinny? She said she works really hard to maintain her body. Again, I see a pattern here. We had a nice day although I was a bit miffed when my sister announced she is paying back stepdad some of the money he gave her. Lets see, she paid my brother back every cent he gave her. Now she's going to pay back stepdad. I guess I am somehow either too nice or not important enough to be paid back. I let her know I think that stinks. Its weird, she knows darn good and well Dan and I need that money and that when all the dust settles we'll be the ones there for her. But apparently feels fine not paying us back while everybody else she does. Go figure. Just more ammo for me to give her when she asks for the next "loan" or shall I say "gift". One thing about it, if she pays me back, I am taking it and I am cashing the check, at her bank, before she can change her mind or make one of her famous errors in her checkbook which often means rubber check syndrome! I am not holding my breath. If anybody who is thinking of loaning family members money is reading this, take my advice: Don't do it!

I can't wait to join WW on Friday. I think I may very well be back up in the 240's again, who knows I may be back up to my all time high. I just plan to go in with the attitude that I can do it and there is nowhere for that scale to go but down! I am also looking forward to a new meeting, with new faces and getting ribbons again. The way it stands now, if I don't start over, I won't get a ribbon until I weigh about 30-35 pounds less than I do now. Frankly, I am ready for some postive feedback, even if it is a paper bookmark with a sticker on it!

Thanks for reading, just a few days until 2009!

Amy - I've had those days of just feeling like eating what I call comfort food and watching TV all day. I cross-stitch at the same time, so I call that my exercise for the day!

I used to provide 'loans' to a best friend a long time ago and just like your sister, he never paid them back. I paid for a few flights of his for training classes he was attending as well. I stopped providing money and our friendship fizzled very fast - by my doing. I realized he was great at taking, but was terrible at giving. Not that you want to walk away from a sister, but maybe the next time she asks...just say no, that in this economy, you cannot afford to assist her with a loan, especially with all that you have already provided her. You need to make sure that you are taking care of you and your family first and at this time, that takes all the money you have.

It doesn't matter what the scale says on Friday. It is what it is and it has no where to go but down! Those ribbons and stickers you get at WW are addicting, it's amazing how a simple sticker or gold star can make your day!

Just do what is right for Amy and your family and let the others around you grow up and figured things out for themselves.

Amy: I'm sorry you've been having a rough time. Unfortunately, if this was easy we would not need this board. I think you will love WW. I am excited by the newp lan and think that it will be a great thing for us. Let us know how you like it!

Thanks Diane, I think there are indeed people who are better at taking than giving! Maybe I should introduce my sister to your former friend, they'd make a very great couple! They could just borrow each other out of the universe.;)

Jessi: For sure its not an easy battle, but I still think I can do it and I know you can too!

I am so excited for the New Year. I can't believe how ready I am. I am sort of lining up my ducks in a row. Got my punch card reloaded for the rec center. Got online to resign up for WW. I was going to buy coupons but I want the online tools and you have to do the monthly pass for those. I just keep thinking about how good I am going to feel, making a new start and being successful.

I have continued to overeat but less each day. I am actually sick of eating. Its like I am trying to make myself feel ill and fatter to really get the point across that this is bad for me. I believe this is exactly what the book Pearlieq recommended says NOT to do! I ate McDonal'd last night, which meant the only veggie I got all day was the iceberg lettuce on the Big Mac. First Big Mac I have had in a long time. I used to eat those pre 2006 when I started WW and lost my 33 pounds (the 33 pounds that is now I fear all back on my frame). Don't know how I used to eat them that often. It was gross. I didn't even finish it, which I consider yesterday's victory!

I tore up my old WW book, I plan to just get a new one and really start over. I am betting my starting weight will be somewhere in the low to mid 240's. Nowhere to go but down.

I feel good, crazy as that sounds! I just have to be proud that I made it through this year with only gaining what weight I did and also that I didn't just give up. I didn't succeed, but I don't feel I gave up either. Its been weird, the last couple of weeks, I have not put any pressure on myself to do well with food, exercise or worry about food. Its been sort of liberating and also I realize that I apprently have a limit to how much crap I can eat because in the last couple of days, I have really toned it down. I guess maybe I do have some sort of limit!

Happy New Year, I look forward to seeing you and succeeding with you all in 2009!!

Edited:
I just sent Dan to Sams Club. I told him to get some sort of appetizer of his choosing for tonight's gathering. Then I told him to pick up a veggie tray for our party on Saturday night. That way I know I have something healthy to eat at that party.

I also have to share this funny, quirky superstitious thing I am going to do tomorrow. Both times I lost major weight, I watched the movie Titanic the night before I joined WW. I saw it at the theaters the night before I joined WW in 1998. Then fast forward 8 years later, I did the same thing again, the night before I joined WW and lost my 33 pounds. I told Dan, tomorrow night, we are watching Titanic, that movie brings me luck. He is sort of wondering what why a movie about two thousand people drowning brings me luck. Just don't ask questions and don't go on any boats with me! So think of me tomorrow night, stuffed with the last of my contraband food, watching Leanardo and Kate crooning over each other on the Titanic!

Edited Again:

Just joined Julie's January exercise challenge. I am going for 800 minutes. And now I am going to plan healthy menu's and get a grocery list going for the next two week's worth of meals. All of this before I get ready to go eat and drink a bunch tonight. Dan just smelled blood in the water and said he's getting chicken wings for tonight. He knows I am going to ride him hard beginning Friday. He has been eating awful as well and also hasn't exercised. So I need to be strong for both of us because on his own, he won't do it. Since he doesn't have much weight to lose (doctor said 5 pounds, can you imagine?) its easy for him to be lax and not worried. But with his family history its imperative he stay slim and work out. So enjoy those chicken wings honey!

Happy New Year, Amy!:hug:

It sounds like you are ready to go!:banana: I know that 2009 is going to be your year!:woohoo:

I think I may join the exercise challenge too. I need to get back in the habit of exercising.

I hope you and your family have a healthy and Happy New Year! :hug:

Have a great evening!!!:hug:

Happy belated birthday!!!

Sounds like you have a good plan to kick off '09. The Titanic story cracked me up! Hey, whatever works, right???

Funny (after the fact) beagle story for you - one of my friends had gotten each of the kids one of those orange chocolate eggs for Christmas. DD9 put hers in her room, as she was told, but DS12 left his in the living room, along with some other candy. Fast forward to about 4 hours later... We were in the basement watching a movie, I came upstairs for some reason and there on the floor was the remaining box/wrapper of the chocolate egg, PLUS the wrapper of a Crunch bar, PLUS the wrapper of a candy cane... Buckley ate it all! :mad: And the little punk is just fine. So whoever said chocolate is poisonous to dogs obviously never had a beagle...

Happy belated birthday!!!

Sounds like you have a good plan to kick off '09. The Titanic story cracked me up! Hey, whatever works, right???

Funny (after the fact) beagle story for you - one of my friends had gotten each of the kids one of those orange chocolate eggs for Christmas. DD9 put hers in her room, as she was told, but DS12 left his in the living room, along with some other candy. Fast forward to about 4 hours later... We were in the basement watching a movie, I came upstairs for some reason and there on the floor was the remaining box/wrapper of the chocolate egg, PLUS the wrapper of a Crunch bar, PLUS the wrapper of a candy cane... Buckley ate it all! :mad: And the little punk is just fine. So whoever said chocolate is poisonous to dogs obviously never had a beagle...

Amy: I think beagles have stomachs like cast iron skillets!! We had a friend whose dog ate some chocolate a couple of weekends ago, it was 3K at the emergency vet! If Daisy had eaten that, she would have been fine, but this dog alas, is a terrier not a beagle! Benjamin, our dog before Daisy ate a three pound bag of Reese's PB cups and lived to tell about it. The next day he ate a huge jar of vaseline and lived to tell about that! He was miffed that we had just brought home dd from the hospital, he was jealous so ate his way through his trauma!:lmao: Glad Buckley is okay, when is your Disneyland trip?

So I survived NYE. I ate about 20 chicken wings and had to light beers. Today we see a movie and tomorrow is WW. I can't wait! I feel really excited. And I am definitely watching Titanic tonight, if nothing else, I like the movie. If it brings me luck, that's even better!

Happy New Year everybody!:flower3:

Happy New Year Amy!

I hope this is the start of a great year for you. I've seen the ads for the new WW plan, so good luck with it. I love the clean slate that the new year brings. Let us know what you think of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter