An Invasion of a "STRANGER" Kind.... NEW THREAD IS UP!! Go Thee NOW!

I'm SO glad you chimed in Carissa!!! I saw you had posted on another thread today, and was hoping I'd get your take on running so slowly!!! I wish I knew how far I was actually running because then I could know how fast my "miles" are. I THINK the track I run on is 400 meters??? And that would involve massive amounts of math to convert and calculate. So I don't. I just run the workout, and know, that there is a VERY slim chance I'll be doing a 5K in 30 minutes (or even in 1 hour!) any time soon.

I remember that you had only started to try to add speed after you graduated. I guess that's a good plan that'll I'll end up doing too. :goodvibes Thanks, Coach!

Right now it's all about building endurance - getting your lungs and heart in shape. Increasing speed is much easier once you're running for 30 minutes regularly. I couldn't do a 5K in 30 minutes at this point and kind of doubt I ever will. That's a 10 minute mile and 6.0 on the treadmill. That just seems so fast to me right now! But, I guess never say never, right? ;)

It's really not about the speed or even the distance. I look at the fact that I've lost over 20 pounds since January, my body is toning up, my lungs and heart are probably in the best shape they've ever been in, and I sweat like crazy when I run! Those are the important things. The rest is just bonus. :goodvibes

:) you'll get faster! I used to be able to do a seven and a half mile, but that was quite a while ago! Running's not hard for me, but push-ups are!

You need to post a picture of your new necklace that I made for you!

Right now it's all about building endurance - getting your lungs and heart in shape. Increasing speed is much easier once you're running for 30 minutes regularly. I couldn't do a 5K in 30 minutes at this point and kind of doubt I ever will. That's a 10 minute mile and 6.0 on the treadmill. That just seems so fast to me right now! But, I guess never say never, right? ;)

It's really not about the speed or even the distance. I look at the fact that I've lost over 20 pounds since January, my body is toning up, my lungs and heart are probably in the best shape they've ever been in, and I sweat like crazy when I run! Those are the important things. The rest is just bonus. :goodvibes

And that was the point all along. To tone up (which so far is ONLY in the calfs - should I have just spelled that calves?) and to be able to say I've trained enough that MIke will let me go to WDW to run. :lmao: You thought I was kidding, didn't you?? Nope, it's true, I want to do the Wine and Dine 1/2.

:) you'll get faster! I used to be able to do a seven and a half mile, but that was quite a while ago! Running's not hard for me, but push-ups are!

That's something only a teen can do!!

Yes, I will post it soon, Sweetie!

Liesa, the track ought to be 400 meters - that's the standard track here in Europe. And then it is really easy: 1 mile equals 1609 meters - so four rounds on your track are one mile. :thumbsup2

The difficult math thing is to try to figure out what my speed in km/h is translated into minutes per mile... I think I am doing 11 minutes per mile. At least for my 30 minutes runs. When I do my long runs (about 10k) in the weekends, it is slower.

Do NOT forget to go see The Walt Disney Story -- this is never crowded and it really worth "leisurely touring."

Liesa, the track ought to be 400 meters - that's the standard track here in Europe. And then it is really easy: 1 mile equals 1609 meters - so four rounds on your track are one mile. :thumbsup2

The difficult math thing is to try to figure out what my speed in km/h is translated into minutes per mile... I think I am doing 11 minutes per mile. At least for my 30 minutes runs. When I do my long runs (about 10k) in the weekends, it is slower.

OK, then Google Earth didn't do too badly at helping us figure the track length. But it didn't figure in all the places I have to run AROUND gouges or holes, so maybe I should add another 10 meters. :lmao::lmao:

I've decided to really not worry about my time, until I'm up to 5k. Then I guess it would matter since I would be completely humiliated to be swept off a course. :rotfl2:

Mike told me 12 and 1/2 times around would be the 5K. I need to check his math. If he's right, I"m 2/3 of the way there, as I get 8 laps in including w/u and c/d.

Good one! :rotfl2:

I hope you enjoy Boma. Eat lots of zebra domes for me!

It was good until I noticed the several spelling typos. ;)

I know I"ll enjoy it. Glenn says the soups are GREAT; I for one can easily make a meal of soups and domes.

Do NOT forget to go see The Walt Disney Story -- this is never crowded and it really worth "leisurely touring."

Hey, Good Morning, Kathy!! How are you??!! That's DEFINITELY on my list of must-dos! As is Animation St. I may even pop into the Narnia display just to say I have. Liesurely touring is the name of the game.

Hey, Good Morning, Kathy!! How are you??!! That's DEFINITELY on my list of must-dos! As is Animation St. I may even pop into the Narnia display just to say I have. Liesurely touring is the name of the game.

Morning, friend. I want to do the Animation drawing -- we've never done this and it is my goal with Mark being limited on rides this time to do more "leisurely" stuff.

Morning, friend. I want to do the Animation drawing -- we've never done this and it is my goal with Mark being limited on rides this time to do more "leisurely" stuff.

I think 1/2 the fun is being surprised at what you get to draw. Can't wait! Yes, conceding that the thrill rides is not the only things to do in a park has opened up a whole new world of touring for me. It'll be nice to have such a change of pace.

Congrats on your running accomplishment!

I'll have you know that I've had the theme to Ducktales stuck in my head since yesterday morning. :laughing:

Scrooge is Donald's Uncle. :thumbsup2

aack, now it's stuck in my head!

Seems as though every resort has a name for its regulars. I like it!! The folks over at Fort Wilderness call themselves the Fort Fiends. They are a fun, wild bunch!

Yes, I think a lot of people train (or at least used to) in Mexico City. Maybe running a week in the clean, high Kyrgyz air will do me a world of good! :confused3

I know. I have a lifelong issue with comparing myself to others. It's a dangerous game to play and I constantly need to remember I only have to compare myself with myself and what the Good Lord is making me to be. :goodvibes

The track can sort of be called that. It does have the squishy stuff, but it's torn up and buckled in a lot of places. I should take some pictures of it.

We grabbed a snack there last time (the cherry danishes are to die for!) and wished we had eaten a better (and cheaper) sannie there instead of at Sci-Fi, where the food was only so-so.

No overlap on our plans so far, but did PM you; I know we can work something out!!! :thumbsup2

I think we all have that issue Liesa. It's called being human. On sat, in pilates she had us do a move no one had done before, it was insane, I can't even describe it. And worse when she walked around and yanked my leg up higher than I thought was physically possible. but it was. Tuesday she did the same move..and we all got higher. And yes, I inwardly bragged that I was higher than people who weren't there sat. Inwardly I cheered and was astounded at the difference that 3 pilates sessions in 6 days made in my flexibility.

Which still sucks but as I told Jeff, I'm thinking 3x a week is medically necessary for me :rotfl: the difference was astounding. Not that it is realistic for me to pull off 3 but oh that would be nice!

I wonder what the YC gang is called...it appears to be a quiet bunch.

I'm SO glad you chimed in Carissa!!! I saw you had posted on another thread today, and was hoping I'd get your take on running so slowly!!! I wish I knew how far I was actually running because then I could know how fast my "miles" are. I THINK the track I run on is 400 meters??? And that would involve massive amounts of math to convert and calculate. So I don't. I just run the workout, and know, that there is a VERY slim chance I'll be doing a 5K in 30 minutes (or even in 1 hour!) any time soon.

I remember that you had only started to try to add speed after you graduated. I guess that's a good plan that'll I'll end up doing too. :goodvibes Thanks, Coach!

The heart rate is up for sure!!! Until Week 4, I didn't break a sweat, but now, it's a whole new ballgame! Good thing I got me some new deodorant!

As for doing a body good, I'm sure the mac cheese that Bek made for dinner cancelled ANYTHING good I might have done yesterday. :rotfl2:

I'm so sorry, Crissy!! Mike just helped me do a ballpark figure calculation, and he thinks in the 30 minutes that include the 10 minutes of warm up and cool down, I"m going 3.2 K. So, if we figure right, I can do a 5 K in 40 minutes, ASSUMING I can maintain current speed?? So, you and I may be VERY well tied! :lmao:

Aw shucks!!!

mac and cheese does the soul good. it's all about balance

7.5?

oh my
And that was the point all along. To tone up (which so far is ONLY in the calfs - should I have just spelled that calves?) and to be able to say I've trained enough that MIke will let me go to WDW to run. :lmao: You thought I was kidding, didn't you?? Nope, it's true, I want to do the Wine and Dine 1/2.

That's something only a teen can do!!

Yes, I will post it soon, Sweetie!

OK, then Google Earth didn't do too badly at helping us figure the track length. But it didn't figure in all the places I have to run AROUND gouges or holes, so maybe I should add another 10 meters. :lmao::lmao:

I've decided to really not worry about my time, until I'm up to 5k. Then I guess it would matter since I would be completely humiliated to be swept off a course. :rotfl2:

Mike told me 12 and 1/2 times around would be the 5K. I need to check his math. If he's right, I"m 2/3 of the way there, as I get 8 laps in including w/u and c/d.

It was good until I noticed the several spelling typos. ;)

I know I"ll enjoy it. Glenn says the soups are GREAT; I for one can easily make a meal of soups and domes.

12 1/2 sounds right. 12 on the track here is 3 miles

The soups are AMAZING! I think Eric had three helpings of the ginger carrot one!

I think we all have that issue Liesa. It's called being human. On sat, in pilates she had us do a move no one had done before, it was insane, I can't even describe it. And worse when she walked around and yanked my leg up higher than I thought was physically possible. but it was. Tuesday she did the same move..and we all got higher. And yes, I inwardly bragged that I was higher than people who weren't there sat. Inwardly I cheered and was astounded at the difference that 3 pilates sessions in 6 days made in my flexibility.

Which still sucks but as I told Jeff, I'm thinking 3x a week is medically necessary for me :rotfl: the difference was astounding. Not that it is realistic for me to pull off 3 but oh that would be nice!

I wonder what the YC gang is called...it appears to be a quiet bunch.

mac and cheese does the soul good. it's all about balance

12 1/2 sounds right. 12 on the track here is 3 miles

I need to find a group exercise something when I get back, or at least an indoor track- it rains a lot in the NW. ;)

YC?? not a clue. Isn't that the one with Stormalong?? The Bay Stormer Bunch?

OK then, that's the goal- to run around that "track" 12 1/2 times. :scared1: LONG, LONG WAYS away!

On Boma and soups: When you are there and you are missing a soup, just ask the soup chef (they are normally just behind their pods) and ask about it. I have heard that often they will be able to get you the soup... :goodvibes

My favourite is the butternut squash! :love:

Oh and on the 5k issue: it is really simple: 400 meters times 12.5 is 5000 meters, i.e. 5 kilometers. The metric system is so simple if you don't convert everything into strange miles!!! :rotfl:

On Boma and soups: When you are there and you are missing a soup, just ask the soup chef (they are normally just behind their pods) and ask about it. I have heard that often they will be able to get you the soup... :goodvibes

My favourite is the butternut squash! :love:

Great tip!! I've read so very many threads where the chefs are helpful going the extra mile! Especially with food allergies.

They all sound so good after having looked at the menu!! I think I may leave this place absolutely stuffed!!!

Oh and on the 5k issue: it is really simple: 400 meters times 12.5 is 5000 meters, i.e. 5 kilometers. The metric system is so simple if you don't convert everything into strange miles!!! :rotfl:

I wonder if one day, just for "fun" (now there's a misnomer of grand proportions!) I should try to run and walk the entire distance just to see how long it takes me. When do you guys think it's appropriate to try that??

You'll find it amongst these several others....recipes link

AWESOME!!! I've never seen that before! I spend a fair amount of time on allears, and I've just never found it!! THANKS!!! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter