• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An Invasion of a "STRANGER" Kind.... NEW THREAD IS UP!! Go Thee NOW!

Hi Liesa,
I have dutifully followed you on over here. All subbed up and ready for more.

Have a great day! (Or night, as the case may be.) :)

Hi Liesa,
I have dutifully followed you on over here. All subbed up and ready for more.

Have a great day! (Or night, as the case may be.) :)

Night. Definitely night. But the night is still young. It's only 10:30, the kids are safely strapped to their beds (not really), and I have several unfettered hours of DIS luxury ahead of me!!

Lol loving your PTR!!! I'm definitely IN!!
Here's a great big, friendly :welcome: for you!! We are off to a rousing start!! Stick around, and I'm sure you'll get heavy doses of hilarity. And don't let that fancy schmancy military talk bog you down. Only the main updates are like that. Mostly it's just a bunch of trouble makers having fun. :dance3::dance3:

Night. Definitely night. But the night is still young. It's only 10:30, the kids are safely strapped to their beds (not really), and I have several unfettered hours of DIS luxury ahead of me!!

So, you are exactly 12 hours ahead of me. That oughta be easy enough to remember! :)

So, you are exactly 12 hours ahead of me. That oughta be easy enough to remember! :)

Easy-peasy! When you're eating dinner I"m snoozing. When I'm eating breakfast, you're heading to bed. :teacher:

Easy-peasy! When you're eating dinner I"m snoozing. When I'm eating breakfast, you're heading to bed. :teacher:

LOL! I love that you define the time of day by eating and sleeping!! It's good to know it's not just me. :lmao:

Page 2 I knew it!

That's what happens when I go on a girls night out, head to bed right after and then check my own thread first in the am!

But I'm here!

LOL! I love that you define the time of day by eating and sleeping!! It's good to know it's not just me. :lmao:

Is there anything else?? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Page 2 I knew it!

That's what happens when I go on a girls night out, head to bed right after and then check my own thread first in the am!

But I'm here!

I knew you'd be along shortly! I'm not worried AT ALL. By the way, did you see my comment on your paper page?? I hope I registered enough to capture my comment. :confused3 LOVE the newest one- the reds and golds. :thumbsup2

Girls night out?? What'd ya do?? I was sitting here with my glass of vino thinking about you. Did I tell you my (hopefully) new house has a hot tub?? Are you thinking what I"m thinking?? ;)

Hey - I thought someone was going to fetch me so I didn't get lost! :sad1:
Great start so far! :thumbsup2

I"m still making the rounds. I posted something on Glenn's and was still doing some posting over on the TR side of things, so don't worry! I totally wouldn't forget you!! I just saw that you moved back "home" and are feeling more settled in. That's great! I think it was a good move!:thumbsup2

Is there anything else?? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I knew you'd be along shortly! I'm not worried AT ALL. By the way, did you see my comment on your paper page?? I hope I registered enough to capture my comment. :confused3 LOVE the newest one- the reds and golds. :thumbsup2

Girls night out?? What'd ya do?? I was sitting here with my glass of vino thinking about you. Did I tell you my (hopefully) new house has a hot tub?? Are you thinking what I"m thinking?? ;)

We went out for a girlfriends birthday to a Puerto Rican restaurant that was new to most of us. It was SOOOO good! I had the most amazing entree!

PASTELON
(cooked fresh; takes about 15 minutes, but well worth the wait)
Puerto Rican style lasagna with layers of sweet plantains, mozzarella cheese filled with you choice of either: tofu veggie mix (vegetarian) $14.99
all natural, seasoned ground beef $14.99
or pernil (pulled pork) special! A La Isla Favorite! $15.99

I had it with the pulled pork. The birthday girl and I both ordered it. And gloated. The perfect combination of sweet and savory, it was truly unbelievable.

And I had one of these...

Don Q Stormy...$7.50
don q gold rum, muddled ginger, bitters and soda alternately: "DARK & STORMY", with goslings black seal

I went "Dark and Stormy"

yowza!

It was a really really fun night. I have to take Jeff there, it was just a great find!

I just saw your comment, thank you! I love the sunflowers, very happy with them. I do need to add the "personalization" aspect to them but just wasn't feeling it yesterday. Of course I opened my email this am and had a request for an interview. Messing with my head! I can't NOT go and it is an intriguing position, very very different in many ways from what I've done, but oh I'm having so much fun!

I'm thinking....

ROAD TRIP!

:rotfl:

That sounds divine. Was cracking up at the "DONKEY Stormy!! :lmao::lmao: That's what I read at first. Sheesh!! :rotfl2:

Guess what I just loaded up on??!!

I had crockpotted some beef and pork (leftovers of both) with some homemade enchilada sauce and it is the most delish stuff EVER! It's destined for some homemade tamales tomorrow, but I couldn't wait! I loaded up a piece of fresh clay-oven baked bread (the local stuff that's (for real) cooked over a dung fire) and noshed!! My arm flab loves me!

Paired with the Merlot I broke open, it's sitting mighty fine. Mighty fine! :cloud9:

An interview!!! Away from me Satan! Seriously. Are you even thinking about it??!! :scared1:

That sounds divine. Was cracking up at the "DONKEY Stormy!! :lmao::lmao: That's what I read at first. Sheesh!! :rotfl2:

Guess what I just loaded up on??!!

I had crockpotted some beef and pork (leftovers of both) with some homemade enchilada sauce and it is the most delish stuff EVER! It's destined for some homemade tamales tomorrow, but I couldn't wait! I loaded up a piece of fresh clay-oven baked bread (the local stuff that's (for real) cooked over a dung fire) and noshed!! My arm flab loves me!

Paired with the Merlot I broke open, it's sitting mighty fine. Mighty fine! :cloud9:

An interview!!! Away from me Satan! Seriously. Are you even thinking about it??!! :scared1:

Oh YUM! Homemade enchilada sauce is so much better. We go through gallons of the stuff and I'm too lazy most of the time which is kind of silly as it's not like it is hard. That sounds delish.

Oh I will go on the interview, it's an intriguing company and position (though I'm overqualified) but the idea of full time for someone else doesn't sit particularity well right now. Of course financial security does....then again, they'd have to offer me the job!

Kind of funny though, it was a random ad I responded to, I was trying to be a bit more "out of the box" in the stuff I was going after so looking at new industries etc and I remember thinking it kind of sounded like the stuff my friends husband does. He actually is one of the owners. Turns out, it is his company.

:rotfl:

But I'm sure he has no idea I applied, this wouldn't fall under him at this point. Still it's funny. And a little weird. Not sure how I feel about it other than knowing the company is very solid and run by good people. It would be weird though. Not sure how he/she would feel about it though I'm sure it would be fine. It is interesting stuff.

OOoohh, that is weird stuff! You actually KNOW people there. I can totally relate to the financial security (ie, bennies/ health ins.), but you've already put your heart and soul into the other. I would be so torn!

I will be very interested indeed to see how this turns out! ::yes::

OOoohh, that is weird stuff! You actually KNOW people there. I can totally relate to the financial security (ie, bennies/ health ins.), but you've already put your heart and soul into the other. I would be so torn!

I will be very interested indeed to see how this turns out! ::yes::

Well the funny thing is I don't need the bennies thanks to Jeff's job, I just need an income. I don't think it means I can't do the other but it wouldn't be as focal. On the flip side if I did get a "real" job, it could finance me getting this started to the point where it did earn enough for me to do it full time. It would have to pay enough to cover childcare plus which is a juggle I'm not looking forward to dealing with again. If it was part time, it'd be ideal.

I'm honestly surprised they asked for an interview, I have a lot of the qualifications and in many ways am overqualified but it is SUCH a different industry that I'd have thought that would disqualify me right away. It does appeal to the dork side of me though (forensic engineering) as a very intriguing marketing and business development challenge.

We will see.

Well, Ladies and Gentlemen,

It's been a fun evening once again!! I need to go snuggle up with my little girl and get some snooze! Does anyone else cuddle up with the kiddos (the younger ones, I mean) when their hubbies are away?? Kinda a nice change. :lovestruc

Hope we see lots of new folks around by the time I get up!! Night all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter