• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

And it rained...and rained...and rained (NEW 7/20/15 Last Day, Complete!!)

Continued from prev post...

After this we walked around and checked out the New Fantasyland area, taking in all the little details, we didn't have any more FP's that day. I thought of trying to get more but the kiosk's were always so busy. I really wish you could use the App for that too, that's one complaint I had about the whole FP+ thing

Tim was obsessed with taking pics and video of the Mine Train, my Dad was, too. We actually spent quite a bit of time there watching it and taking pics. This is a video that he took, I hope it works, I haven't posted any videos in the new format...

Next we went over to Storybook Circus, that area is really cute. I know I used a snack credit at some point to get a red slushie drink in the Store there. We didn't brave Dumbo, But we DID do the Barnstormer!! Here's a Selfie:

You can see Tim, (and how he feels about roller coasters, LOL) and then you can just see my Dad in the corner. It was a fun ride (Maybe this should have been the first ride/roller coaster I got Tim to ride on our first trip together in 2004 and not Space Mountain, LOL :scared1: )

Here are a couple of the circus train:

Then from pics, it looks like we went into Tomorrowland to ride Buzz. That's one of Tim's Favorites. Here's our redneck Ride Photo and a pic of the Buzz Meet and Greet outside:

Then we went onto Cosmic Ray's to burn my Dad's extra QS meal that he didn't use on our first MK Day (he was leaving at like 5am tomorrow morning so he wouldn't get to use it tomorrow, as it was we did each have one to use tomorrow from the arrival day). We used a couple snack credits too. I know he had a chili dog meal that we all shared, with cuke salad and then I think Tim had an order of fries that we shared too. All in all int was a nice snack that would hold us until we got to our Dinner at Ohana at 8:30p. No food pics here but I do have this:

Next we headed over to the other side of the park, Liberty square, Frontierland, Adventureland. We did want to try to see about getting on Jungle Cruise. It was a nice afternoon and since we didn't have anymore "Must do's" other than that one, we decided to see about doing some other things that we usually pass up due to time, crowds, etc. One of those was the Riverboat, they were just loading when we were walking by so we hopped on. I took some pics of BTMRR from the boat.

This kid must have been ROASTING!

After our "Cruise" it was coming up on a showtime of the Country Bears. My Dad hasn't seen this one in years. I know Tim and I did this on a previous trip but he didn't remember it (He probably fell asleep, LOL)

Love him!

After the show, Tim wanted to take some pics of the Riverboat from the shore so we went down to the water, I took some of this bird:

Tim and my Dad deep in conversation:

After this it looks like we went on the Jungle Cruise:

Our "Skipper" was from the Rochester area, near us. I think her tag said University of Rochester or another school nearby, I wanted to say something to her but I never did.

The BACK of Water!! I love that part, I always try to get a pic of it:

I think it was probably about 6:30 or so by now and we were pretty tired. We wanted to take our time getting out to the front of the park and out to the Poly so we didn't have to rush, so we headed out. I don't have any more pics until dinner so that's what I assume we did.

We took the boat over to the Poly. Had a nice group conversation with the other families at the boat dock, an older couple and a family with young kids. There was a long wait so I was glad we left early. It was a nice ride and was neat to see some of the construction. We walked around some outside and then headed up to the Ohana Desk, I want to say we checked in at about 10 of 8 for our 8:30 ADR, we didn't get called until about 8:45 though, so we weren't too happy about that, but that was made up for by our table placement:

A couple bad pics but you get the idea:

That's the Electric Water Pageant if you can't tell, I don't believe I have ever seen it, it wasn't a great view being so far away but I was glad to see some of it.

We were also able to see Wishes from our table, we weren't right at the window but 1 row back. I was glad to see any of it since we were going to miss it altogether on this trip unless we were able to see it from Ohana, so we lucked out!!

Now a few food pics:

AHH! the Famous Ohana Bread Pudding! I have wanted to try this for so long! It was good, I am not a huge fan of bread pudding but I LOVE caramel so anything that has Caramel poured on it like that pic below is ok in my book.

A couple of the kitchen:

So what did we think?? We really loved this meal! My Dad and DH weren't sure what to expect but they both really enjoyed it. I loved the shrimp (I ate a lot of it, LOL) and the noodles. The Potstickers were good too. We did eat some of the lettuce cups, Tim liked those. We also had a good server, I wish I remembered his name. All in all it was a good meal. I wouldn't hesitate to go again.

After dinner we headed out to the car and back to Pop. We packed up most of our stuff, leaving some for the morning. My Dad had done a lot of his packing that morning because he was leaving at about 5-6 am. He packed up the car that night though, then we said our good-byes since we wouldn't see him in the morning. He took 2 days to get down to Florida but he does the drive all at once on the way home, stopping only for Bio Breaks and Gas, eating in the car (it's about 15-16 hours)

Next up, Thursday, our last day and trip home :-(

Great update. I have never done the dinner at Ohana, maybe one day.

I know that long ride home. My DH insisted on driving our last couple of trips but we do it straight through each way. I have refused for our next trip.

I know St. Anselm's well. My BIL and his family all attended there and my niece was married there. I look forward to their carnival every year although sadly I missed it this year. I had ball games every night or meetings and never found the time.

Great update. I have never done the dinner at Ohana, maybe one day.

I know that long ride home. My DH insisted on driving our last couple of trips but we do it straight through each way. I have refused for our next trip.

I know St. Anselm's well. My BIL and his family all attended there and my niece was married there. I look forward to their carnival every year although sadly I missed it this year. I had ball games every night or meetings and never found the time.

Thanks!

It was a great dinner, I would definitely go again.

We drove for almost all of my early trips since 1987 Christmas trip but we always did it in 2 days. I drove down with Tim and our friend in 2004 but it was from Roanoke, VA area, that was a nice drive, 12 hours, and 2 drivers so we each did 6.

I used to love the St Anselm Carnival! I haven't been in years, I can never schedule a visit to Philly during that time of year. I was Baptized, went to school there, had my first Communion, Confirmation and got married there too.

Thanks!

It was a great dinner, I would definitely go again.

We drove for almost all of my early trips since 1987 Christmas trip but we always did it in 2 days. I drove down with Tim and our friend in 2004 but it was from Roanoke, VA area, that was a nice drive, 12 hours, and 2 drivers so we each did 6.

I used to love the St Anselm Carnival! I haven't been in years, I can never schedule a visit to Philly during that time of year. I was Baptized, went to school there, had my first Communion, Confirmation and got married there too.

It's a pretty church. I've been to several masses there. That carnival is so much fun. I always get my yearly funnel cake and I missed it this year. We'll have to make plans to meet when you make it back down to Philly.

I don't envy your day at Epcot with all that rain. Good thing you didn't wind up with a blister.

You had a full day at the MK, good that you were able to dodge the rain there.

I haven't been to O'Hana in a long time. When do they serve the lettuce cups? Are they chicken filled? Do they still have the salad? Sounds like I might need to get back there again!

Enjoyed your trip report! Thanks for sharing! I cant wait to try that bread pudding, we have dinner reservations for our next trip!

I don't envy your day at Epcot with all that rain. Good thing you didn't wind up with a blister.

You had a full day at the MK, good that you were able to dodge the rain there.

I haven't been to O'Hana in a long time. When do they serve the lettuce cups? Are they chicken filled? Do they still have the salad? Sounds like I might need to get back there again!

Yeah, I'll say that was the worst rain I have had at Disney in a long time, maybe ever. I definitely didn't need any New Blisters, I already had a couple by then.

Yes, especially being our last day, I was glad the MK day ended up being a nice one.

They had made a few changes to the Ohana menu last year (which I think have since changed back to what they had before). They had taken away the salad (although I think you could get it on request) and the chicken skewers, and replaced them with these lettuce cups. They came our around the time of the pot stickers and noodles and were filled with seasoned veggies, and beans, I forget what else. I think it was meant to be another vegetarian option. You got the ingredients on a plate and made them at the table. They were OK, not spectacular, but from what I have heard I would rather have had the salad. Everything was great, we would definitely go there again!

Enjoyed your trip report! Thanks for sharing! I cant wait to try that bread pudding, we have dinner reservations for our next trip!

:wave: Thanks for reading! We had a late flight out so I have one more update from our last day. We really enjoyed Ohana! Have a great trip!

Last edited:
:welcome: Thanks for reading! I know how frustrating it can be, I follow a lot of TR's and have started using the thread tools to keep track of some of them. I hope to get the next update up soon.

:welcome: It definitely isn't fun in the rain but as we kept saying to ourselves, "A rainy day at Disney is better than a sunny day at work" I will tell you our Ponchos were in tatters by the end of the trip!

Fall is definitely my Favorite time to go, decoration-wise, I like the Christmas decorations too but I really love the fall colors and all the pumpkins.

I really liked my meal at Via Napoli, but our service was really slow, not only my Dad's meal but drink refills, etc too.

That's funny about my Dad, he lives in Parkwood if you know that neighborhood. Maybe you've seen him at a store somewhere, if you shop in the Far NE and Bensalem, Neshaminy area.

Thanks for the welcome! I just got back from three days at the World and have new respect for all you reporters who manage to keep track of everything you did and take so many photos. Looking forward to your "last day."

Just wanna say...love the Trip Report! You did many of my favorite rides and restaurants ('Ohana!) and love the F+W snacks! Sorry it rained so much. I have been there...in 2011 I did a trip with my sisters and it rained every other day. It sucked. But we did a lot of Innoventions stuff to make up for it...haha.

Thanks for the welcome! I just got back from three days at the World and have new respect for all you reporters who manage to keep track of everything you did and take so many photos. Looking forward to your "last day."

Thanks! Those photos are all I have to go on except my memory. I had a notebook that I faithfully took notes in every night but darned if I can find it anywhere, LOL

I'll be posting that last day soon.

Just wanna say...love the Trip Report! You did many of my favorite rides and restaurants ('Ohana!) and love the F+W snacks! Sorry it rained so much. I have been there...in 2011 I did a trip with my sisters and it rained every other day. It sucked. But we did a lot of Innoventions stuff to make up for it...haha.

:welcome: Thanks! I really enjoyed the F + W festival, I would definitely go again during that time. I could definitely do without all the rain, LOL

OK to correct things, on my last update, I said it was Thursday 10/1 but that was actually Wednesday. It is now Thursday 10/2, our sad departure day. :sad:

Our flight didn't leave until 6:45 pm so we slept in a little bit and took our time and were out if the room just about 11am. We did go to the desk just to make sure everything was set and it was. I had forgotten to say that we did the airline check in thing last night and we had B boarding numbers again. We did our luggage check in and I think the suitcase was a little over so we had to rearrange things and put some more into the carry on. It all worked out fine though.

We went back in to the food court and had some lunch. and talked about what we wanted to do. The lunch was really good. we both had the same thing. a Reuben Calzone, it was different but really good ( that reminds me of my lunch this past Saturday with my MIL, SIL, DH's aunt and her friend, we ate at a place called Simply Crepes near here and I had a Reuben Crepe, it was really good... anyway...)

Here is the Calzone (it looks messy but I wanted to show inside), it came with a small salad too:

We both had this loaded brownie too:

While we ate we discussed how to kill time until our ME bus came. Before the trip we had talked about going miniature golfing at some point and never had time so that's what we did, we had the vouchers from our package so we went out to catch a bus to Blizzard Beach to Winter Summerland.

We had been there twice before and did winter both times so this time we did summer. We had a good time. I wish I remembered how we did but I am assuming that Tim won, since he usually does. :rolleyes1 Here are a couple pics I took, mostly of Tim:

It was pretty hot that day. We came back to Pop and walked around the store and then decided to use up our last couple of snack credits:

Cookies and cream ice cream and a cookie, I think we got another brownie too to wrap up and take home but I didn't take a pic since I already took one at lunch, I remember having 3 credits left at the end. We then went in and used our Arcade points to play a couple games. I had taken a couple pics there but they were so blurry they aren't even worth posting. We didn't have too long for our bus by now so we just sat on a bench and people watched until it got there.

The ME ride was uneventful and our flight to Baltimore was fine but when we got there the plane that was supposed to take us to Rochester had some kind of delay so it was late, they kept making announcements about it, I think it was about an hour delay if I remember right.

We landed at about midnight or shortly after. We went to the shuttle bus that took us to our car without any issues. We actually were staying at a hotel that night in the city since Tim had a nutritionist appointment the next morning at 8am!! (crazy to schedule it that early but we had to take what we could get). I am so glad we did this, at least we got a decent night sleep, then drove home after the appointment. The nutritionist is part of a Bariatric surgery team and he was going through the process of having Weight Loss surgery, which he did have on 3/30/15. It has been very successful for him. He has had a few times where he has vomited after eating but it is usually when he knows he had a little too much. The pictures above and in the rest of the report can be called the "Before" pics and now I will share an "After" pic. (Excuse our messy house, LOL)

He has lost 100 lbs so far. He is off his diabetic med, one of his BP meds and cut his cholesterol pill in half. Still has some to go but he is hoping to get rid of most of his pills. Anyway hope you don't mind my sharing that.

Well, that's about it! We had a great trip and I am so glad we got the chance to go and have that time to spend with my Dad, too. Can't wait till the next one (I'm thinking it won't be till next year though :sad2: )

Thanks for sticking with me through the report, I'm sorry I had such big gaps between the last few updates but I think most of you know how it can be...

Hope to see you on here again soon!!

Sounds like a relaxing last day.

OMG on Tim's progress! He looks great! I'm trying to do the same thing, but without the surgery part. So far it's not much luck other than losing about 10%, my ultimate goal is to lose 30%, but baby steps for now. Tell him congratulations on the weight loss and getting off so many different meds!

Sounds like a relaxing last day.

It really was.

OMG on Tim's progress! He looks great! I'm trying to do the same thing, but without the surgery part. So far it's not much luck other than losing about 10%, my ultimate goal is to lose 30%, but baby steps for now. Tell him congratulations on the weight loss and getting off so many different meds!

Thanks, I'll let him know. He has been trying to get me to do the surgery too but I don't know. I want to try more on my own first.

Sorry to see your TR come a close. What a wonderful trip. The meal at Ohanas looks fabulous. yummy- the dessert looks amazing!

What a fun way to finish the trip - playing mini golf. I have yet to do that. I keep saying I am going to, but I never do.

Congratulations to your husband for his amazing weight loss. That's quite impressive. And he's off his diabetic meds and BP med. WoW!!!!!

Thanks again for a really fun TR! :thumbsup2

Sorry to see your TR come a close. What a wonderful trip. The meal at Ohanas looks fabulous. yummy- the dessert looks amazing!

What a fun way to finish the trip - playing mini golf. I have yet to do that. I keep saying I am going to, but I never do.

Congratulations to your husband for his amazing weight loss. That's quite impressive. And he's off his diabetic meds and BP med. WoW!!!!!

Thanks again for a really fun TR! :thumbsup2

It was a great meal, I was glad they both liked it. I was nervous with some of my meal choices because I pretty much made most of the ADR's on my own

We had fun, on other trips it had been a "day off" activity but we didn't really have one of those this trip

Thanks, he's happy with his progress. He has 2 other BP/Heart meds and 1/2 cholesterol pill to go!

You're welcome! It was fun writing it!! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter