Angelrose's Journey

Thank you minniecarousel. It doesn't seem possible that it's been that long. I have been walking around the house and icing my hip throughout the day. I'm not allowed to walk without the walker for another two weeks. I do try a few steps but I'm not at all steady enough yet. I did get to take a shower without any help from Karen tonight. One little victory for me. LOL

My friend lives in Redding, Ca and she has been suffering with over 100 temps the last week. I can't imagine walking out in that kind of heat. Glad you will be going to Carmel by the sea. That should be a nice change for you.

Tomorrow I get the staples out. Boy I can't wait for that!

Yay! Staples out! When can you get in the pool? Even just to walk in the water?
I saw a clip on the news earlier this week that it was so hot in Arizona that some planes couldn't fly! i am not kidding! I guess summer is truly here!

Hi Grumpy's Gal. I feel so much better without them. I can't really get in the pool until the steri strips fall off. Maybe another week. Then I have to wait until Karen can take me to the pool, maybe next weekend. I won't be able to go home until another two weeks. Then I can go every day to the pool. I am so looking forward to that. I get so tired of doing nothing all day except walk around the house, sit for a few minutes then get my legs up for hours and ice my hip for 20 minutes every couple of hours.

The doctor seemed surprised that I am doing so well. I may be 72 but I'm not feeble. I do heal quickly. For an old lady!. LOL

Tomorrow I am going out with my cousin for the first time since surgery. we are going to IHOP, Walmart and Acme. After that I am sure I will be exhausted and we will come back here. She will be driving my car for me until I can get into her Jeep. Might be another two weeks before I can climb up that high.

I had heard about the planes not being able to fly in Arizona. They couldn't get the lift they need in all that heat. Glad I'm not there.

Today is the 8th anniversary of Ron's passing. I almost forgot because I have been concentrating on my recovery. All of a sudden this afternoon I started to tear up and couldn't figure out why until I remembered the date. I know my Ron is looking down on me and helping me recover from this last surgery. This day will always be special for me even if I forget for a while. It's something I learned, you never "get over" the passing of someone special in your life. You just learn to live with it and continue with your life as best you can.
You are right, Angelrose......you never *get over* the passing of a loved one. They will always be in your heart.....Always. :hug:

Zoey got her ears pierced yesterday. She was very brave and only said OWWWW for each ear. She got Minnie Mouse with a pink bow earrings. She had a big smile through the whole thing.

OK I will have to ask Chuck what I'm doing wrong. I'm doing what I usually do to post pictures from shutterfly, but it's not working.

Angie, have you ever thought of changing your thread title to something happier now as it looks like life is doing you well. :goodvibes

Kitty 34, thank you for posting. I'm not sure how to do that without starting a new thread.

Thank you rndmr2 and dumboiu. She was so thrilled at having her ears pierced that she had that big smile all day long. She does love her earrings and Grandmom bought her another pair for her birthday in August. She picked out a star with rainbow stones.

At the top of the page is a little drop down that says "Thread tools" one of the choices is "Edit title"

Angelrose, I've never posted on your thread, but I have stopped by on occasion to see how you were doing and tosend good thoughts your way.

I noticed your new thread title and had to stop in to say-So glad to see time has brought you to a better place. Great to see your family grow! I love the new title!

Tell Zoey that beauty sometimes hurts....on second thought - don't! Haha

I love the new title. I like checking in with you and it makes sense to just change the thread title.

Zoey is getting so grown up & I like her choice of earrings

Thank you rdnmr2, Southernmiss and minninecarousel. I would have changed it before but I didn't know how, and this seems more appropriate.

We did tell her that it would hurt, but that if she cried, she wouldn't get the other ear done. LOL It did help that daddy held her in his lap and held her hands. She did really well and we were all so proud of her. She can't wait to show her new earrings to all her friends.

Southernmiss I welcome you to your first post here. I hope to see you here again.

Oh, I do like your new title!
I like to think many of us have shared your journey ..felt your pain , happiness and your peace.
Your life is full, good for you Angelrose xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter