Angelrose's Journey

Thanks minniecarousel. My thigh muscles still ache when I walk a lot, but that will take time. The doctor did say it might be a year before everything got back to normal. I just want it to be NOW. LOL I'm not known for my patience.

My goodness you did have a whirlwind week. Congratulations on your new grandson.

Congrats on the new grandson Minnie!!!

Hi Kimmar!!!

Hi Mary!!!!

Summer is flying by, my nephew's wedding is almost here (8/19). I finally got my outfit(s) together!!!

Hi snappyd! Boy this summer has flown by for me as well. Of course I missed most of it. I'm finally getting my swimming in and doing 3,000 to 5,000 steps a day. Everyone tells me I am making better progress than most but I want to be better NOW. My doctor laughs at me and tells me it takes a year. Yeah, NOOO. It's not going to take me that long. I'm already going without my cane outside now too. I just can't do a whole lot of walking at one time.

Zoey's birthday is at the end of the month. Jesse so wants to be a lifeguard but he has to be 13. He is already learning how to test the water and watches everything they do and helps wherever he can. Zoey had a mini swim meet last weekend and won 2 first place, one 2nd, one 3rd and one 4th place. She was so proud of herself. We all were.

So glad you are doing so well. My MIL had her knee done on 7/18 and was in the hospital for 2 days then the rehab for a week. She came home Friday and is doing really well so far. She will be coming off the walker any time now. My DH and I moved with her temporarily to help out but she is doing a lot for herself.

Thanks rndmr2. WOW your MIL has done really well with her knee replacement. I've heard that is a lot more painful than the hips and requiring a lot more PT. All I have to do is keep walking. Give her my best.

It sounds like you are doing great! I'm curious to know if it's easier to walk in the water or on land. ( less painful?) you are so fortunate to have access to a pool!

Is Zoey having a party for her birthday? Do you know what the theme is? And most importantly, will there be cake? Haha:rolleyes1:cake::bday:

Thanks Grumpy's Gal. It's much easier to walk in the pool, but I usually just swim laps for an hour and walk around the house for my steps. I can sit down when I want.

Zoey is having her birthday party and the municipal pool on the 27th. That's where we usually have it. Then on her actualy birthday on the 31st, we will all go out to dinner, most likely at the Olive Garden which is her favorite.

We did have some excitement on Tuesday. It was cloudy and chilly, so I didn't swim. I just picked up the kids and we went home to eat lunch and watch The Price is Right. The kids then took their baths and did the school work. Chuck and Karen asked me to stay late because they were going to have dinner with friends. Fine with me. Jesse had his guitar lesson, Karen came home and did her run on the treadmill, took her shower and then Jesse asked to go out and play with friends.

Chuck and Karen were just getting ready to go out the door, when Jesse came home wimpering, holding a paper towel over his arm with blood dripping on the floor. OMG! He had been attacked by a neighbors cocker spaniel. He had one puncture on the top of his arm and one on the bottom, one bit on his other arm that just broke the skin and scratch marks on his shower from the dog's claws.

Chuck washed it off and they took him to urgent care. They came home about an hour later. Jesse didn't need stitches but he did need to take antibiotics 3 times a day for a week and no swimming until the puncture closes up. Jesse was fine and smiling when he came home. Grandmom was about to have a heart attack. We made sure he drank a lot of water. Chuck and Karen did make it a bit later to their dinner so everything worked out fine.

The health department called Karen the next day and made a trip to the neighbors house to make sure the dog's shots were up to date (they were). The last I heard Karen was going to have a talk with him last night. One of his kids had the dog on a leash. Jesse was petting their other dog, when this one attacked Jesse and got away from the kid holding the leash. Luckily the father was there and got the dog off Jesse. This isn't the first time that dog has gone after kids. So I hope this doesn't happen again because if it does, the dog will have to be put down.

Just a very upsetting situation for all except Jesse. He was fine. LOL The next day Jesse other wounds were almost all healed. The puncture was still weeping a bit.

Wow that's crazy that Jesse got bitten by the dog, sorry that happened to him, glad he is fine. I guess things like this always upset the adults more than the kids, LOL.

Glad everything is going well with your healing and exercises. My MIL is doing well, she is on a cane but can't go to the pool yet until the doc clears her (her incision still has little peely/scabby areas, I actually think most of it is leftover glue and they won't let her swim till that is all gone. She also can't drive because she is still taking 1-2 pain pills a day and she has to be on none before she can drive. I took her grocery shopping today, she rode the scooter because we were going to be there a long time to do her big monthly trip. We had a full regular cart (half of that was bottled water) and the basket in front of the scooter full. Luckily we picked my hubby up from work on the way home so he could carry most of it in for us :thumbsup2

How did I miss the post about Jesse's dog bite?! Hope he is completely healed. At least he didn't seem to suffer trauma!

I'll bet you're progressing nicely, with your swimming & walking. Good job!

Mary - can you tell me about the Pirate League? I think Jesse has done it. I can't seem to find any info on it. I'm trying to recall if it's at Magic Kingdom or a resort. I think the kids get face paint like a pirate? And then they spend time with pirates? We're taking our grandson Jackson on his third birthday & it's something his parents think he'd love (although he might be too young)

Sorry I have been slow to answer. I have not gotten any email alerts.

Minniecarousel, the Pirate League is right at Pirates of the Caribbean. He got his face painted and was already dressed up as a pirate, but you can also buy a costume. When they are done he gets his picture taken. It's been a while so I can't remember too much. At one time Karen and I got our faces painted also. We did have a ball.

There is also a Pirate treasure hunt or quest. You get a map and follow clues. When you find the spot you put your "magic key" into a certain spot and something happens. When that map is completed you get another, I think it's three or four. It's a lot of fun and there is no time limit so you have go havve lunch or whatever before you finish. It's a lot of fun and the adults had just as much fun as Jesse. At the end Jesse was disappointed that he didn't get a prize for finding all the clues. LOL Karen had to buy him something special.

I think Jesse was around 7 or 8 when he did them both.

rndmr2, Jesse is fine. He healed up very quickly. Animal control had a chat with the people and the dogs are no longer out without an adult holding the leash.

I am doing well. I'm still not able to do as many steps as I would like. It's a slow process. I didn't get to swim at all in August. Just some ownership issues with the pool. But I did get to swim once a week at my cousin's pool. Not many laps, but lots of laughs. My cousin and I are more like sisters. She is just as loony as me. But we always have fun together.

Right now I am decorating the house for Halloween. I know it's early, but I like all the lights. Come November 1, I'll be starting to decorate for Christmas. I do love to decorate.

Zoey and I had a girls morning out this Saturday. Karen, Chuck and Jesse wanted to do a run on the boardwalk and Zoey is definitely not into that.

We had our breakfast at IHOP and then went to Target where Grandmom spent a lot more money than she had planned. LOL We just had to have a Wonder Woman dress and two new writing pads and let's not forget Pokemon cards for Jesse and My Little Pony cards for Zoey.

When we got home, she appropriated one of my Build A Bears. It was pink naturally. They picked her up around noon and I put the house back to normal.

Chuck called to ask if I wanted to go to dinner with them at Taco el Tio. It's a great Mexican restaurant that has everything so fresh and made to order. I had enough for two more meals.

Chuck told me I shouldn't spend so much and I told him, "I'm a Grandmom. I'm allowed" And that was the end of that.

I love these times with Zoey. Sometime I hope to have a special day with Jesse. But I think he is getting to old for that. He will be 10 in November.

How nice to have some girl time with Zoey. And Jesse will be 10! Yikes! Where has the time gone?

We had a nice visit with our son & his family in North Carolina. With a short trip to Disneyland to start with, we were gone for 2 weeks. We had a great time in Disneyland with Ben. And just because he's 40" tall doesn't mean he was ready for those rides. He's 3 1/2, so maybe too young for Thunder Mtn.

Baby Jacob is 2 months old today. In the 10 days we were there, I saw a huge change in him. Since he arrived at 37 weeks, he was a little bit of a preemie. He's catching up quite nicely.

A Zoey date sounds like so much fun! I remember going places with my grandma when I was little and my mom was getting her hair done.

What are Zoey and Jesse going to be for Halloween?

Minniecarousel, the time has gone by so fast. It seems like just yesterday when each of them was born. Zoey was just 7 and now Jesse is going to be 10 in November.

Thanks good to hear that Jacob is doing so well. There will be time enough for the bigger rides in a couple more years.

Grumpy's Gal we did have so much fun on our girl's date. She is going to be one of the My Little Ponies and Jesse is going to be a Ninja. I can't wait to see them all dressed up. I get to sit outside with a big bowl of candy to give out while they go trick or treating. That's my idea of a fun Halloween.

LOL Now if I do that I will weigh 500 pounds. No I'm usually pretty good. I take one Kit Kat and one Twix, put it in my bag and put a piece of gum in my mouth. That stops me from eating everything in sight.

I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but I live on 10 acres of woods. So I get a lot of wildlife in the back. Mostly deer, occasionally I will get raccoons or possums at night. But today I had a new experience.

I did some cooking this morning and threw out the garbage onto my compost off my back porch. There was some onion peel, oil infused garlic, some ends of Brussels sprouts and Weight Watchers frozen ravioli dinner at least three years out of date. I cooked it first before I threw that out.

I did some wash and watched tv and around 3, I had an apple and had my hand on the back door to throw that out and guess what I saw?

It was a huge Italian vulture with his wings spread out sunning himself. You want to know why I said it was an Italian vulture? Because he proceeded to eat the oil infused garlic, the onion peel, the ends of the Brussels sprouts AND the cheese ravioli. He would alternate between the ravioli and the veggies. I was fascinated. I must have watched him for half an hour. When he was done, he hopped up on my back porch before looking straight at me and then flew off.

I didn't know that vultures ate anything but carrion. Apparently they do. You learn something new every day.

minniecarousel, he came back today and ate the remaining morsels. He will have more to eat tomorrow as I'm making my eggplant dip. More onion peels and eggplant skin plus the top and bottom, and sweet red pepper tops and seeds. That should be interesting to see.

Hello my friends. I could use some prayers for myself this time. I've been having some "female problems" and my doctor is pretty sure that the mass is cancer. I have to wait three weeks for the labs to come back. I'm trying to stay positive but it isn't easy. My doctor was very calm and said if it is they would just go in and cut it out and then do a D&C. If it comes to that I just want a hysterectomy. One less thing I will have to worry about later.

I just want this to be over so I can concentrate on decorating the house for Christmas. That's always a fun and happy time for me. Chuck and Karen are always there for me. Of course my son always says something to make me laugh and then I have to hit him. LOL

Your good thoughts have always helped me in the past and I know they will now. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter