• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom's 20th - Party for the Planet

Does anyone have any info on the Joe Rodhe print for tomorrow? I haven’t seen a picture of it or any news on where to find it except that he’ll be signing it from 1-4 tonorrow.

AngiTN, I just wanted to say happy anniversary! Have a great time at DAK tomorrow!!! I wish I could be there too, but I will be in May, so I don't have to be too jealous ;). Meanwhile sending you a virtual hug and while I'm at it, thanking you so much for all your thoughtful, informative, levelheaded posts. Enjoy your anniversary day!!!

Has anyone heard anything more about Jiminy Cricket? We're heading to AK today and would love to meet him!!

AngiTN, I just wanted to say happy anniversary! Have a great time at DAK tomorrow!!! I wish I could be there too, but I will be in May, so I don't have to be too jealous ;). Meanwhile sending you a virtual hug and while I'm at it, thanking you so much for all your thoughtful, informative, levelheaded posts. Enjoy your anniversary day!!!
Thank you. That is so sweet
I'm sitting here getting ready in our pixie dusted upgraded cottage at Boardwalk Inn, about to go enjoy a custom made to order omlet in the CL lounge before heading to the park. It's been a magical trip so far. May be a little rainy today but that won't slow us down. Got a full day at AK then dinner tonight at The Eddison.

We finally made it to the park.
Disney really should not have had this and the Star Wars half on the same day. Traffic was a nightmare for both race and park goers. It's way more crowded here at the park this year than it was last year, even though last year was much better weather. Not that it's bad today, just cloudy
But even the buses couldn't get around
We finally called for an Uber after the park bus was 20 min over due. After seeing the traffic it was clear why. They should have moved the race up or back one week

Disney really should not have had this and the Star Wars half on the same day. Traffic was a nightmare for both race and park goers. It's way more crowded here at the park this year than it was last year, even though last year was much better weather. Not that it's bad today, just cloudy
We finally called for an Uber after the park bus was 20 min over due. After seeing the traffic it was clear why. They should have moved the race up or back one week
RunDisney and park ops don’t always speak to each other unfortunately. Next year the race moves up two weeks. I think they plan the race around Easter and the Boston marathon.

I just saw the special $90 pin. That thing is huge! It's not a pin, it's a plaque. Pretty. But you'd sure not wear it

I’m glad you finally made it to the parks. Now go have a blast and Happy Anniversary!

:cake::flower1:

If by chance you should find yourself at DHS tonight, stop by the Launch Bay.
Doggone it
We are leaving AK now and going back to the resort to change but then we are headed to DS for dinner at The Edison.
If we can change in time we may just make a detour. Beers at the Tap House could be a nice start.....

Seems like the specific things for Party for the Planet - like educational things around the park - were fewer and far between than in previous years. The "Adventure Guide" that they give out has very limited information included.

Yeah, I tend to agree. They didn't really do all that much in my opinion. Other than bringing Joe in and doing the print signing and the Tiffin Talks (with him and others) I felt like it was just another day in the park.

I had the good fortune to be able to attend the Tiffin Talks with Joe Rohde on 4/26. It was a bucket list item for a Disney nerd like me, it did not disappoint, and I just wanted to thank all those on this thread who helped me determine he was the speaker at this peculiarly not-advertised-event and book it. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter