• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom's 20th - Party for the Planet

I’ve been obsessively checking the Tiffins Talks hoping a spot would open for the night Joe Rhode is scheduled. I was in process of booking when they first opened and got the “someone ate the page” error and then it was sold out. Argh!! Anyway, I noticed they just added a noon seating that day (& to several other days as well). Of course the event description only references the 5:30. Has anyone heard anything about the lunches? Probably too much to hope for that Mr. Rhode would do it 2x in one day?

If that's the case, I could attend the noon lunch on the 25th before my flight......Hmm

That's a darn good question. It's the same price. I sure wouldn't want to pay that much and not have the main speaker at the meal.
From what I see, it's the only day with 2 seatings. Others have a noon instead of a 5:30.
I hesitate to suggest to call since I think it's doubtful that they'll know but I'd probably call and see what they say. I'm going to go with I bet he is there for both meals but that's just a guess right now

Thanks. I already booked crossing my fingers and knowing I could cancel if as details are released I decide I’m not interested (1 day cancellation policy).

I just called... operator put me on hold for a bit and came back and said that “right now it looks like the speakers are the same” (for noon and 5:30) but then stressed speakers and topics are subject to change at any time.

So I’m crossing my fingers and toes. There is still availability if anyone else was bummed to miss this... but of course right now it’s a bit of a gamble.

Thanks. I already booked crossing my fingers and knowing I could cancel if as details are released I decide I’m not interested (1 day cancellation policy).

I just called... operator put me on hold for a bit and came back and said that “right now it looks like the speakers are the same” (for noon and 5:30) but then stressed speakers and topics are subject to change at any time.

So I’m crossing my fingers and toes. There is still availability if anyone else was bummed to miss this... but of course right now it’s a bit of a gamble.

I called and spoke to the Special Dining Events Dept. The rep. could not find any information regarding the noon speaker and stated only the restaurant would know at this point. I was transferred to the administrative office at Tiffins and got voicemail. I left a voicemail message asking for clarification of the speaker at the noon talk and, hopefully, someone will call me back. I do know that it is Tiffins that coordinates these events since I'm on their e-mail list from attending previous events.

I will see if I can also e-mail the manager since that's who I have previously received e-mails from for other events.

I just noticed, though, that my flight leaves at 4:02 PM that day, so I don't know if I could make this work. Thought it was 5 PM. Ugh!

I still had the e-mail from the Tiffins manager and have e-mailed him for more information about the April 25 noon talk - regarding the speaker. Hopefully, he will reply! He's a friendly guy!

I called and spoke to the Special Dining Events Dept. The rep. could not find any information regarding the noon speaker and stated only the restaurant would know at this point. I was transferred to the administrative office at Tiffins and got voicemail. I left a voicemail message asking for clarification of the speaker at the noon talk and, hopefully, someone will call me back. I do know that it is Tiffins that coordinates these events since I'm on their e-mail list from attending previous events.

I will see if I can also e-mail the manager since that's who I have previously received e-mails from for other events.

I just noticed, though, that my flight leaves at 4:02 PM that day, so I don't know if I could make this work. Thought it was 5 PM. Ugh!

Thanks. I’ll be anxiously waiting to hear what you find out. Ugh on flight - that could be tight.

Thanks. I’ll be anxiously waiting to hear what you find out. Ugh on flight - that could be tight.

I will update if and when I hear from anyone.

Yeah, I don't know if I can make it work. I did book it but may need to cancel. I would have to have a quick ride pre-scheduled for pick up at AK. I don't know if the lockers would hold all my carry-ons, etc. Phooey!

Booked for the Path Less Traveled tour on the 28th! Looking forward to reviews from earlier dates. I still remember going as a passholder to Animal Kingdom before it opened. Can't believe it's been 20 years!

Well I just heard back from the proprietor of Tiffins apologizing and stating the noon Tiffins' Talk event featuring Joe Rohde is actually scheduled for noon on April 26 and that the event on the 25th at noon was "erroneously" opened. He said this has since been corrected and the lunch on the 25th is not available.

If you've reserved the one at noon on the 25th, you may want to check on that and check on reserving for the 26th instead. My MDE still shows I have a reservation on the 25th and that I have prepaid the $165. I e-mailed the Tiffins proprietor back to ask about my prepayment and reservation that is still showing. They will need to refund me.

Guess I'll out of luck. If there had been advanced notice, I would have stayed longer since the 26th is my BD! :(

Well I just heard back from the proprietor of Tiffins apologizing and stating the noon Tiffins' Talk event featuring Joe Rohde is actually scheduled for noon on April 26 and that the event on the 25th at noon was "erroneously" opened. He said this has since been corrected and the lunch on the 25th is not available.

If you've reserved the one at noon on the 25th, you may want to check on that and check on reserving for the 26th instead. My MDE still shows I have a reservation on the 25th and that I have prepaid the $165. I e-mailed the Tiffins proprietor back to ask about my prepayment and reservation that is still showing. They will need to refund me.

Guess I'll out of luck. If there had been advanced notice, I would have stayed longer since the 26th is my BD! :(

Thanks, very much, for reporting back. I’m sorry it doesn’t work with your trip plans - that stinks. I was able to book the 26th as well so will see (lucky to be local). My reservation for the 25th is also still active. I have to say, for such a large and sophisticated company used to managing thousands of guests per day, these “glitches” blow my mind.

Thanks, very much, for reporting back. I’m sorry it doesn’t work with your trip plans - that stinks. I was able to book the 26th as well so will see (lucky to be local). My reservation for the 25th is also still active. I have to say, for such a large and sophisticated company used to managing thousands of guests per day, these “glitches” blow my mind.

I know, and I am so used to these "glitches" over the years, but this opportunity would have been worth it if I could have gone. If we're not local, we have to make reservations so far ahead that it's not really doable to change at the last minute.

I am hoping that, once my reservation is canceled, the refund will be issued.

Mark at Tiffins said that Joe likes doing these types of events so he foresees more Tiffins Talks with him in the future.

I'm glad you're able to make it to the one on the 26th. I'm sure it will be awesome!

Those going for the 20th more merchandise was released today including a limited edition Pandora Banshee for $99.

I really like the pin they have coming out.

Those going for the 20th more merchandise was released today including a limited edition Pandora Banshee for $99.

I really like the pin they have coming out.

They e-mailed a list to those attending the D23 Celebration on the 22nd with a link to advance purchase the items on the list. I ordered a shirt and pin!

They e-mailed a list to those attending the D23 Celebration on the 22nd with a link to advance purchase the items on the list. I ordered a shirt and pin!
Jealous! I got the AP pin and special magicband while I was there last week.

First A Path Less Traveled tour was scheduled for April 1, checking to see if anyone has heard anything about it.

Anyone else planning to go?
Looking forward to something particular?
Want to post here if you learn more info about any of the events?

We are going! When I made our plans I did not even realize that it was the 20th anniversary, but it just worked out that way! Other than introducing their new show "UP! A Great Bird Adventure" I have not seen any really big plans from Disney to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Animal Kingdom. It seems rather low key.

I noticed that so far they don't even have EMH scheduled, although it would be fantastic if they did!

We are currently planning on doing rope drop as well because we did not get Fast Passes for Flight of Passage. I would love to see something special!

It is all very exciting!

First A Path Less Traveled tour was scheduled for April 1, checking to see if anyone has heard anything about it.
We signed up for the tour in a couple of weeks, so I've been waiting to read updates, too! I saw someone on another group say that they're doing it today, and it's been great, but nothing much beyond that.
I just wish there were more info about the schedule--- I need to figure out our lunch and dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter