Animal Kingdom's 20th - Party for the Planet

AK 20th anniversary...makes me feel so old. I remember visiting it right after it opened, and whining that I didn’t wanna take a day away from the other parks just to visit a zoo. Boy was I surprised when I actually loved it.

20th anniversary Magicband goes on sale March 21st. I may or may not be there and may or may not be purchasing said magicband...

I will be there. I was on the opening crew for DAK when I was there on the CP. Several of us are trying to coordinate an informal reunion. I can't believe it has been 20 years! It feels like yesterday and a million years ago at the same time. :)
How cool-what an experience that must have been to not only be doing the CP which I am sure is something that one remembers for their lifetime,but ALSO TO BE OPENING A NEW PARK!

I would have to call that a CP ON MEGA-STEROIDS!:)

I hope the reunion comes together swimmingly!:)

I'm looking into booking a trip for this weekend! Didn't realize it was also Star Wars Race Weekend so I'm wondering if going the next weekend will still have most of the activities?

How busy has AK been on past anniversaries?

I'm looking into booking a trip for this weekend! Didn't realize it was also Star Wars Race Weekend so I'm wondering if going the next weekend will still have most of the activities?

How busy has AK been on past anniversaries?
They've never moved their Anniversary stuff just because of Star Wars race before so I wouldn't expect them to now (we've attended every one so far)
And it's not been super crowded but this is the first with Pandora so it's a different "animal" now, for certain.

They've never moved their Anniversary stuff just because of Star Wars race before so I wouldn't expect them to now (we've attended every one so far)
And it's not been super crowded but this is the first with Pandora so it's a different "animal" now, for certain.
No I wouldn't expect them to move like the main ceremony and everything but like the character meet and greets and extra educational activities/booths around the park? Will those still be there during the two week Party for the Planet festivities?

No I wouldn't expect them to move like the main ceremony and everything but like the character meet and greets and extra educational activities/booths around the park? Will those still be there during the two week Party for the Planet festivities?
Oh yeah, they have made it sound like those things are there for more than just the Anniversary day itself. They are there for the entire duration, at least that's how I read it

We will be around that weekend, but we have California Grill brunch that morning, so it is going to depend on whether I can move or not as to whether we make it all the way to AK after.

I have CA Grill brunch on the 22nd, too. I'm thinking about going for rope drop at AK and then maybe to CG and then back to AK after brunch. Likely will either go to AK later or maybe I'll cancel brunch, not sure. I'm not planning to do the Path Less Traveled since it includes everything I've done on previous tours. Would love to do one of the Tiffins Talks.

I'm there early May and hoping the new Up themed bird show will be open... any news on that?

Yes, they've announced it debuts on 4/22

Great! I must have missed that. I had read a while ago about the new show but not a firm opening date. :banana:

I just looked it up, looks like a cute show. I did like Flights of Wonder too. We will definitely be working this into our plans.

Last edited:
Count us in for Sunday April 22 !!!!!
Just booked our room and passes ...
Can't wait to hear more details for the special day !!!

How much does it cost to join D23 (family of four adults)

I think we looked into the family membership once but it only included the member and one other person so we would have to get two memberships correct ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter