Animal Kingdom's 20th - Party for the Planet

Just following back up from some posts a week or two ago... although still not on the website, Disney special events dining is now confirming that Joe Rohde is the speaker at the Tiffins Talk lunch event at noon on the 26th (in addition to the previously announced dinner on the 25th). However, speakers at all Tiffins Talks events are noted as subject to change. There does appear to still be availability.

Just following back up from some posts a week or two ago... although still not on the website, Disney special events dining is now confirming that Joe Rohde is the speaker at the Tiffins Talk lunch event at noon on the 26th (in addition to the previously announced dinner on the 25th). However, speakers at all Tiffins Talks events are noted as subject to change. There does appear to still be availability.

OMG- thank you so much! I’ve been checking for spots for the Joe Rhode dinner and just figured we were out of luck. Thanks to your post- I just reserved the lunch for us (2 adults) on the 26th! Understand the speakers are subject to change but I’m so excited!!!! Thank you!!!

OMG- thank you so much! I’ve been checking for spots for the Joe Rhode dinner and just figured we were out of luck. Thanks to your post- I just reserved the lunch for us (2 adults) on the 26th! Understand the speakers are subject to change but I’m so excited!!!! Thank you!!!

I'm so glad! I will see you there! I will confess I'm still a little nervous in that the website hasn't been updated to reflect that there even are lunch spots let alone the speakers. I'll probably call back a few more times just to be as sure as I can be. But at this point a previous poster confirmed with Tiffins management (at the time Disney Dining didn't have any info) and now Disney dining is confirming- but stressing the "subject to change" clause. Anyway, my fingers are crossed!!

I'm so glad! I will see you there! I will confess I'm still a little nervous in that the website hasn't been updated to reflect that there even are lunch spots let alone the speakers. I'll probably call back a few more times just to be as sure as I can be. But at this point a previous poster confirmed with Tiffins management (at the time Disney Dining didn't have any info) and now Disney dining is confirming- but stressing the "subject to change" clause. Anyway, my fingers are crossed!!
Text on MDE is bad about being out of date about a lot of things. Especially when changes are made after a page is initially posted. I wouldn't worry at all.

The manager at Tiffins confirmed to me a couple weeks ago that Joe Rohde was the speaker for the lunch on the 26th. At that time, he also confirmed that the lunch that appeared on MDE for the 25th was an error and that it was actually scheduled for the 26th with Joe Rohde speaking. That's why I had to cancel.

And when they say scheduling is "subject to change", they had already made some changes before the list went public with the speaker schedule. They sent a list to previous Tiffins Talks attendees before the public list went out and there were some changes by the time the public list was issued. I would "think" the schedule would be a little more solid by now but you never know when an unforeseen circumstance might come up.

I know a lot of us have been looking for info on the path less traveled... we are doing the tour today and here is the info I have so far ...
10:30-12:30 at Rafiki planet watch, this is a length of time this portion is offered your actual time for this part is about an hour to hour and a half
3 or 3:45 caring for the Giants tour
8:45 River of light, during busy times possibly the second rivers of light is offered.
After the caring for the giants tour you will get a snack which they offered soda and water and choice of a Mickey pretzel with cheese, a piece of fruit, or a bag of chips.
More later

I went today on The path Less Traveled. It was pretty good. The first part is better than the Caring for the Giants tour.

You check in about 10:15. And you get taken out to see the area where they prepare food, then where they take care of the animals who need medical care. They brough in one of the pigs-I think this can vary. Then you see the Purple Martin nests.

Then that part is over and you have your Caring for the Giants tour scheduled for the afternoon. This is done when you check in in the am. Our tour choices were for 12:30, 1 or 1:30pm. We chose 1pm so we had time to grab a bite and then take the tour.

I was not impressed with Caring for the Giants.

Overall it was a fine experience and my daughter liked the first part a lot. I def would not do again, and not sure I'd recommend unless you come so much and are interested in seeing how the animals are fed and taken care of.

It does include River of Lights seating but we left the park about 5pm.

I just called to confirm that Joe Rohde was scheduled for the lunch on the 26th and was told it was true by the CM ...she said it was added on their system in "YELLOW" as a special event, but not on the website. I just booked it and there appears to be a lot of spots still available, after it was showing nothing available ??
She also said it was a 1 day cancellation policy just in case...

I went today on The path Less Traveled. It was pretty good. The first part is better than the Caring for the Giants tour.

You check in about 10:15. And you get taken out to see the area where they prepare food, then where they take care of the animals who need medical care. They brough in one of the pigs-I think this can vary. Then you see the Purple Martin nests.

Then that part is over and you have your Caring for the Giants tour scheduled for the afternoon. This is done when you check in in the am. Our tour choices were for 12:30, 1 or 1:30pm. We chose 1pm so we had time to grab a bite and then take the tour.

I was not impressed with Caring for the Giants.

Overall it was a fine experience and my daughter liked the first part a lot. I def would not do again, and not sure I'd recommend unless you come so much and are interested in seeing how the animals are fed and taken care of.

It does include River of Lights seating but we left the park about 5pm.
Thanks for your report.

That's a shame. We've done Caring for Giants and love it. Can't wait to do it again. It's one of those things that has been universally well received. Yours is the first "don't care for it" report I've seen.

Thanks for your report.

That's a shame. We've done Caring for Giants and love it. Can't wait to do it again. It's one of those things that has been universally well received. Yours is the first "don't care for it" report I've seen.

I loved the Caring for Giants tour as well, and would do that again (especially with the DVC / AP discount). I have also done the part of the tour at Rafiki Planet Watch on another previous (now defunct) tour. The only part of the Path Less Traveled that I haven't done is the Purple Martin area, so I decided not to sign up for this particular one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter