Animal photos: FINISHED Post #45

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Okay, we are putting the final touches on DD's "Create your own thing" project for 4-H... Here goal is to use this book to get little kids excited to go to a zoo by being able to see and identify animals in this book...
She is creating an ABC Book for the Zoo...
However, we are short some photos..

A ~ Alligator
J ~ Jellyfish (or if anyone has anything else J named)
K ~ Kangaroo (we have Wallabys..but not kangaroos!)

U~ Can anyone think of a good thing for this.. I thought of "Unusual Encounters" because we now have a Shark "pet tank"... Do you think that will work?

Thanks for any help you all can give us...

I like "Unusual Encounters". Or, you could do "Underwater Friends" or, being a little Disney, "Under the Sea". Though, I guess technically, it's not the sea. But, still! :rotfl2:

for J I'd use Jaguar or Jackal.... I will look through my zoo pics

My Kangas were napping

kangas.jpg

how about A is for Ankole Cattle

ankolecattle.jpg

These are from the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago. Several Kangas and one tiger just because it was a lucky shot.

DSC01180.jpg

DSC01175.jpg

DSC01248.jpg

I know I have an alligator and an albino peacock. I think I even found a kangaroo (but it might have been a wallaby too. :)) I love the idea of under the sea! I'm getting ready to go to a garden train exhibit, so I'll post them when I have time to look for them.

Here's another kangaroo for you. And not the best picture, but awfully cute and a different K---A mama koala holding her baby! :love:
017_17.jpg

021_21.jpg

Thanks everyone!!! Keep them coming!!!!
I figured one of our DISers or FLA girls would have an alligator!!!!

Vanyel, if you ever get a chance to come to the Indy Zoo...the best time to come is when it is really cool.... the animals are very active.. I have some great pictures of the lions doing a figure 8 by the fence.. I'll post those later today.... We also got the siberan tiger playing with his rubber ball!!! That was the best visit we had had to see those two animals actually doing something rather than sleeping!!!

Those are awesome DianaLyn!!!

We had a koala on a brief visit one year about 12 years ago... I wish they'd get one to live at the zoo permanently...

The Kangaroo and the Koala are both from the Columbus Zoo, the ONLY fun thing about going to visit my in-laws once a year!!

The baby koala had just been born like a month earlier when I took the photo last year and they were only letting people into the exhibit at certain times to visit with them.

The Kanga exhibit in Columbus is SO cool. It's open like a petting zoo, so the kangas are hopping down the paths as you walk through. My DD who was 2 at the time was hopping the entire time we were in there.

Our Wallabys use to roam free in one section.....but when they re-did the area and moved the elephants up on the hill and over a ways they took that "free wallaby" section out... I think they were probably anticipating a few wallabys being trampled by elephants...

We did however notice a beautiful white bird (cockatoo maybe) in a tree but it wasn't where you could really exhibit it... I just happened to look over that way because we were going to feed the lorikeets.... So the bird was really in a "free" exhibit...

I just saw this thread, Nancy. I see you're all taken care of with good Kanga pics. I've got several from Brookfield, too. Need any Polar Bear shots? I've got several from Brookfield, but they were taken pre-digital. Could be scanned, though. My alligator shots are also pre-digital.

I love your DD's idea (or your idea) of doing an ABC Zoo album. I might consider doing that.

Good luck!!

I'm still needing an alligator if you can spare one!!! :)

She was flipping thru one of the scrapbooking magazines and saw this and it just happened to work out.... We probably would have done it anyway, eventually....but this was too good to pass up for this project!!! ;)

Back to work!! I'll check in later....

AMW,
Can you email the photo... when I download it.. it said it was low quality... problem something I did wrong..

thanks bunches!!!!
Do they still have that albino alligator in the Cinci zoo.. it was in a building at one point...

It is probably something to do with the uploading to photobuckets. I'll email you the original photos. We never did make it to the zoo, we went to Newport instead. That is where the alligator is from.

Thanks everyone!!! Keep them coming!!!!
I figured one of our DISers or FLA girls would have an alligator!!!!

Vanyel, if you ever get a chance to come to the Indy Zoo...the best time to come is when it is really cool.... the animals are very active.. I have some great pictures of the lions doing a figure 8 by the fence.. I'll post those later today.... We also got the siberan tiger playing with his rubber ball!!! That was the best visit we had had to see those two animals actually doing something rather than sleeping!!!

We plan on the Indy zoo one of these days - just seem to have to much to do lately to get there. Everytime I get to Indy, I'm going to a meeting usually with someone else so I can't sneak off to do any fun stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter