Animal photos: FINISHED Post #45

we actually went to the zoo today in providence. they are re-doing some of it. they took out the polar bears. i was disappointed in that.

I live in RI and we are disappointed every time we go. My kids love the polar bears. They took out the exhibit to redo it into a state of the art facility. They had good luck with breeding and got two cubs Triton and Kobe from Trixie and Norton but Trixie passed away when they were moving her to Indianapolis.

The new exhibit is scheduled for 2010 which seems so far away

I heard an ad the other day that PVD zoo was trying to raise more money for the Polar Bears.
Here's my layout form the PVD zoo of the polar bears. We stood there for an hour taking pics.

polarbear1.jpg

polarbear2.jpg

I live in RI and we are disappointed every time we go. My kids love the polar bears. They took out the exhibit to redo it into a state of the art facility. They had good luck with breeding and got two cubs Triton and Kobe from Trixie and Norton but Trixie passed away when they were moving her to Indianapolis.

ON her way to Indy? Did she pass before she got her? I'll have to see what our zoo website says...

She didnt make it out of the zoo. They sedated her to get her in the cage and when they gave her the reveral drug, she stopped breathing. She had never had a problem in the past, so it came as a complete shock. She was a much beloved polar bear for our state. She was to have come back this year. :o(

here is a link to a nice memorial to her

http://www.rwpzoo.org/what_to_see/north_america/trixie.cfm

i remember when triton and kobe were born. we really missed those bears yesterday. i have pics somewhere (on film) from when they were babies. how sad. i knew she passed but i could not remember when. dh and i were talking about it late last night. poor trixie! loved her!

I heard an ad the other day that PVD zoo was trying to raise more money for the Polar Bears.
Here's my layout form the PVD zoo of the polar bears. We stood there for an hour taking pics.

polarbear1.jpg

polarbear2.jpg

great pages b&mb!
She didnt make it out of the zoo. They sedated her to get her in the cage and when they gave her the reveral drug, she stopped breathing. She had never had a problem in the past, so it came as a complete shock. She was a much beloved polar bear for our state. She was to have come back this year. :o(

here is a link to a nice memorial to her

http://www.rwpzoo.org/what_to_see/north_america/trixie.cfm

thanks for the link kathy! do you know where triton and kolbe went to?

If they are in Indy.. I can stop and get photos this week for you!!!! ;)
Actually, may have some already...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter