Another hard ticket event-Typhoon Lagoon

Disney has come up with another way to separate you from your money, by dangling the prospect of a water park after dark in front of you. 8pm-midnight and it will cost you $55 per adult and $50 per child.
That's basically requiring another full-price ticket (within $10 of buying a stand-alone all-day ticket) for a Water Park.

If I didn't have an annual pass that already allowed water park visits, I would seriously look into this.

Why?

I couldn't spend more than 4 hours at a water park to begin with, so the short time wouldn't bother me.

I also have to stay out of the sun. Going at night would eliminate the need for long sleeves and pants. And yes, I swim with long sleeves and pants.

If I didn't have an annual pass that already allowed water park visits, I would seriously look into this.

Why?

I couldn't spend more than 4 hours at a water park to begin with, so the short time wouldn't bother me.

I also have to stay out of the sun. Going at night would eliminate the need for long sleeves and pants. And yes, I swim with long sleeves and pants.

Right there with you. The only thing that slows us down are the lines, so if this is a restricted event and I can go from slide to slide ....
..... 4 hours would be plenty long enough for us. It would be the DAH version of water parks. :cool1:

Right there with you. The only thing that slows us down are the lines, so if this is a restricted event and I can go from slide to slide ....
..... 4 hours would be plenty long enough for us. It would be the DAH version of water parks. :cool1:
The only down side is that I already have a Platinum Plus pass right now, so eh, I don't know that I could justify it.

I know, I'm a WDW apologist, but I don't understand the cheap shot mentality of OP "Another way to separate you from your money". Sigh... The water parks are already open about 9 hours per day during the summer. As others have said, 4 hours is usually plenty in a water park. We LOVE the water parks and rarely spend more than 4 hours there. While I admittedly wouldn't pay that kind of money, simply because I'm cheap, I see zero wrong with creating a special after hours event like this. I'm sure profit is built in, but they also have to pay CMs, run the equipment, etc...during these hours so it's not cheap for them to do.

If I hit the lottery, I'd be all in for this!

Well we go to Disney roughly every 3 years and so there is no way I would waste any of that time going to a water park anyways. I really don't understand the attraction of them.
My husband and son would love to spend some time at a water park.

We don't have a pool nearby, other than the city pool. It is extremely boring with nothing but the pool.

The only real chance we have to swim is when we stay at a hotel or go to a water park.

I know, I'm a WDW apologist, but I don't understand the cheap shot mentality of OP "Another way to separate you from your money". Sigh... The water parks are already open about 9 hours per day during the summer. As others have said, 4 hours is usually plenty in a water park. We LOVE the water parks and rarely spend more than 4 hours there. While I admittedly wouldn't pay that kind of money, simply because I'm cheap, I see zero wrong with creating a special after hours event like this. I'm sure profit is built in, but they also have to pay CMs, run the equipment, etc...during these hours so it's not cheap for them to do.

If I hit the lottery, I'd be all in for this!
Cheap shot? If Disney isn't trying to separate us from our money, then exactly why are they in business? It's a fact.

My husband and son would love to spend some time at a water park.

We don't have a pool nearby, other than the city pool. It is extremely boring with nothing but the pool.

The only real chance we have to swim is when we stay at a hotel or go to a water park.
Well that's a reason I can understand. Part of my issue is my 17 year old goes ballistic if anything wet hits her face. Getting her on Splash Mountain each trip requires a lot of work (and she wears full rain gear to cover her head).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter