• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

We sort of had a "don't bother" day today re cleaning the house. The DGDs will be here every day this week and they'll trash the place every time they come over. Other than getting rid of the perishables and the little bits of paper, it doesn't make much sense to do any deep cleaning because it'll just have to be done again tomorrow.

Tomorrow DD flies home and we probably won't see her again until we do WDW in the spring. I'd say this was a very good Christmas. There was no major drama and everyone seemed pleased with their gifts. And there are so many leftovers to feast on we're good at least till the weekend.

It's colder than Arendelle here but only a trace of snow. Besides, I'm not going anywhere until I have to.:teeth:

It's -dbl digits here, too much snow, some ice and, unfortunately for me I have to go out. It's a needed pharmacy run including a discussion with the Pharmacist... sigh. I turned to DH after my tea this early morning and, suggested we go later on when it warms up... he almost fell out of the recliner laughing while saying... 'Next Year?!'

Yeah, I keep him around for his Irish wit!!

I should also send well wishes to the piggie. Guinea pigs are so cute and interesting, it must be difficult trying to care for them when they have health issues...

It is tough, because he can't really tell us what's bothering him. The vet said that the pain medicine from last week may have slowed down his digestive system - so that reduces his appetite, which in turn slows things down more...creating a vicious cycle. But he's off the Metacam now, and she gave us some powdered food to mix with with water and feed him by oral syringe for a couple of days. (Thankfully, he's used to one of those, as he has his vitamin C drops that way.) So she hopes that will jump-start things, and we'll see how he does.

I hate to be selfish if he's really just old and done fighting, but I hate to give up on him if it's just a hurdle to get over. (And we've heard different things about how long they should live.) DS and I have both been taking it pretty rough, though.

Also, @PollyannaMom, The Disney Book has been in my Amazon cart for a little while. If you think about it after you've had time to look through it, let me know what you think, please.

I will!

Cabin Fever, and extreme cold!

We've been home for awhile now, and even though it's 30C (feels like) with the wind chill we thought we'd venture out. However, not far from home which is a really good thing our driver's side windshield wiper broke, I mean REALLY BROKE and, is not something DH would try to fix. So.. we returned home called the dealership, and they can not accommodate us until Tuesday... sigh. DH does not like to take either sons offer of their second vehicles. I guess we will be home, hunkered down for awhile. :(

I am sorry to report that the guinea pig has passed away. :sad1: It happened in the middle of the night, so I am the only one who "knows" right now (though by late yesterday, we were all expecting to have to make a sad trip to the vet today).

Oddly, since I had said DS and I weren't doing well with the worry, it was DH who was hit hardest yesterday. I think he was just more optimistic about the latest treatment than I was.

Anyway, thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I got to spend a lot of time holding him yesterday, but it's still hard.

I am sorry to report that the guinea pig has passed away. :sad1: It happened in the middle of the night, so I am the only one who "knows" right now (though by late yesterday, we were all expecting to have to make a sad trip to the vet today).

Oddly, since I had said DS and I weren't doing well with the worry, it was DH who was hit hardest yesterday. I think he was just more optimistic about the latest treatment than I was.

Anyway, thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I got to spend a lot of time holding him yesterday, but it's still hard.

:hug:

Very sorry to hear this, PollyannaMom. He will be there, among all the other pets we all have had and will have in the future, all God's creatures. :hug:'s

rbowx.gif
Rainbow Bridge
rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.

Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

www.petloss.com

www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

So sorry PollyannaMom. :hug:

Also, @PollyannaMom, The Disney Book has been in my Amazon cart for a little while. If you think about it after you've had time to look through it, let me know what you think, please.

Loving it so far! - It starts with a timeline and then there are different pages about Walt, various movies, park information, etc. Here are pics of a sample of pages, if it helps you decide:

Disney Book - Mary Poppins.JPG Disney Book - Meet Walt.JPG Disney Book - Small World.JPG Disney Book - Timeline.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter