• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Well, that was weird. :upsidedow I've just been through one of the most stressful and horrific few days I can remember in my whole life! Blessedly, things appear to have worked out albeit there have been profound changes to our status quo. I just woke up from a 12-hour sleep; the deepest and most restorative I've had in, well, since I can't remember when. So grateful to have a path forward and ready to ring in 2018. Even the weather's looking up! HAPPY NEW YEAR ALDIO'ers! I can't help but think of Willy - I wonder if he's still with us and if so, I wish him well.
upload_2017-12-30_7-42-50.png

Well, that was weird. :upsidedow I've just been through one of the most stressful and horrific few days I can remember in my whole life! Blessedly, things appear to have worked out albeit there have been profound changes to our status quo. I just woke up from a 12-hour sleep; the deepest and most restorative I've had in, well, since I can't remember when. So grateful to have a path forward and ready to ring in 2018. Even the weather's looking up! HAPPY NEW YEAR ALDIO'ers! I can't help but think of Willy - I wonder if he's still with us and if so, I wish him well.
View attachment 291052

Glad your well rested, and that things are looking up for you. We can soon kick 2017 to the curb. You may send that full sun this way!

Glad your well rested, and that things are looking up for you. We can soon kick 2017 to the curb. You may send that full sun this way!
:goodvibes We may need it to melt the 20" of new snow we've gotten over the past week. I'd help you out if I could though - DH just got back from Ottawa and we always feel so sorry for those parts of the country that don't get Chinook winds. We'll be back up above zero in a few days and will forget all about it until the next cold snap (we get 10 or 12 freeze/thaw cycles a winter here).

@ronandannette I'm sorry to hear about the rough patch, but hopefully you're beyond it now. I think of Willy and keep hoping that one day he'll check back in and be blow away that we've kept ALDIO going all this time.
Bitterly cold in my neck of the woods, I haven't left the house all week (except to wheel the trash & recycle bins to the curb and to get the mail.)

@ronandannette I'm sorry to hear about the rough patch, but hopefully you're beyond it now. I think of Willy and keep hoping that one day he'll check back in and be blow away that we've kept ALDIO going all this time.
Bitterly cold in my neck of the woods, I haven't left the house all week (except to wheel the trash & recycle bins to the curb and to get the mail.)
:grouphug: Let's everyone make a point of "raising one" to Willy tomorrow night, shall we? (Or tonight, as the case may be - cheers, @jevs !)

Champagne-Toast.jpg

:grouphug: Let's everyone make a point of "raising one" to Willy tomorrow night, shall we? (Or tonight, as the case may be - cheers, @jevs !)

Champagne-Toast.jpg

I will raise one to Willy.......and to Ron, Jevs, Ronandanette, Jane, Dan, Twilight, Leebee, Pollyanna, Mackenzie, LowKey, and the many others that have stopped by this thread. Ok I went back to Sept and you guys are the ones that have stopped by the most recent. If I have missed anyone in that time frame please let me know and I will drink one for you, too.

And having looked at the list I just produced, I could be dropping wayyyyy before the ball!!! :rotfl:

Love ya guys!!! :drinking1:dancer::drinking1

I will raise one to Willy.......and to Ron, Jevs, Ronandanette, Jane, Dan, Twilight, Leebee, Pollyanna, Mackenzie, LowKey, and the many others that have stopped by this thread. Ok I went back to Sept and you guys are the ones that have stopped by the most recent. If I have missed anyone in that time frame please let me know and I will drink one for you, too.

And having looked at the list I just produced, I could be dropping wayyyyy before the ball!!! :rotfl:

Love ya guys!!! :drinking1:dancer::drinking1

AND, one raised to you as well Kitty 34!

I am sorry to report that the guinea pig has passed away. :sad1: It happened in the middle of the night, so I am the only one who "knows" right now (though by late yesterday, we were all expecting to have to make a sad trip to the vet today).

Oddly, since I had said DS and I weren't doing well with the worry, it was DH who was hit hardest yesterday. I think he was just more optimistic about the latest treatment than I was.

Anyway, thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I got to spend a lot of time holding him yesterday, but it's still hard.
Sorry to hear about your little piggie. They are adorable and I'm sure will be missed. We had to take one of our kitties for that last trip to the vet in September; Potter was 17 years old and just ran down. He was the sweetest kitty ever and is still missed by all of us, including his brother, Weasley, who is happily sitting in my lap right now.

It's been really cold here in Maine over the past week. We had a foot of snow on Christmas Day, and I think that was the best day of the past week! Mornings have found us to be in negative-single-digits, and during the day even though the temps have gone up a bit, the windchill has kept it in the negative-teens all week. Grrr... We had such a long, warm fall, I don't think anyone expected snow and bitter cold so soon!

Happy New Year, everyone. I, too, think of WillyJ and hope he is doing well. I'll be toasting all my friends tonight, both IRL friends and virtual friends. Here's to a wonderful 2018!!

@leebee - Thanks. And sorry about your cat too. :hug: I love their names! :cat::wizard: :cat::wizard:

We've been very cold as well, though I think a little bit warmer than you. (It was +3 degrees when DH went out to warm up the car yesterday.) I do agree that the quick flip from such a warm fall to such a cold December made it more of a shock. I liked that it was a white Christmas here, but we had much less than your foot, so I didn't have to worry about a lot of clean-up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter