anxiety and panic attacks

Hi!

I don't see a depression/loneliness thread, so I'm chiming in on this one.

Positive action: I start school again tomorrow. (Mid-life career change, age 48).

I also need to make some friends.

Turning it over to my Higher Power. Seeing DIS pics also helps.

Thanks for being here.

Regina

I've been lurking around here for a bit,and reading some posts.I got to say you all are a great caring bunch:thumbsup2

I usaully donn't talk about my health problems to others.But I'm probally not the only one going through this.

For the past month I've been going through a tuff time.My panic attacks have gotting so bad I cann't evan go into a store without feeling like I'm going to pass out.I've been missing work,donn't want to go anywere there are people.

My wife finnaly talked me into going to the doctor a few days ago and had attack there.A quart of blood later,he ran all kind of tests.Blood suger fine,cholest fine no liver problems no thyroid problems.So he put me on hydroxyzine.Been taking it for 2 days now and I feel worse,and he is closed today..
I know I'm not the only 1 with this condition.Does it get better??

If you decide to go on xanax , which by the way is the best drug for anixety and panic attacks , do not take antihistimes. I have been on xanax for 20 yrs and the stupid drs gave me antihistimes and I ended up climbing the walls and my heart racing. This is not good for someone who suffers from panic attacks. I looked it up in the PDR book and it says xanax will interact with antihistamines. I know how you feel going into the store alone, I am at that point and cannot go in at all.The overhead lights are to bright and when they hit the shiny floor and then hits my eyes, I start getting dizzy and loopy.The panic sets in and I feel like I'm going to pass out. So I feel your pain. You have to talk to yourself in your head and say "YOU ARE OK", keep saying this. DO NOT EVER GIVE YOURSELF NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ALWAYS POSITIVE. Don't ever let someone else create negative vibes. I will tell you the first time it took me 8 long months to gain control, but I did it and you will to. Get a book for dealing with the panic disorder , this is what helped me. Also going to WDW my happy place, this is helped me alot when I have relapses and you will. Good luck and you will win in the end.

Hi!

Positive action: I start school again tomorrow.

I also need to make some friends.

Update on the first couple weeks of school: I just did really well on some homework. I'm not sure how I did on my first Main Test today, but I basically did the best I could.

In terms of reaching out to people, I initiated getting a cup of coffee with a distant relative last week.

One day at a time!

Regina in NC

Reginat,thats all we can ask for,oneday at a time. :grouphug:

Today is the day I told the docs last year too this date to pull the plug on my mom and watch her die.

I tell ya'what,people don't understand at times.My DW is crawling up and down my butt for not bieng me.I told her"how would you know unless you been thru it"..Well arguement started on that.:sad2:

How too cope is the question and keep peace among the one's I love???:confused3

While you must take care
of yourself, please include
your DW and treat her kindly
and include her in any counseling sessions. My soon to be ex has long-standing mental health issues. Finally could not take the neglect and abuse and finally left after 30 years. If he had been kind more often and included me in some of his sessions instead of shutting me out and shutting down for almost a year things might be different. Good luck and I will pray for you, None of you are walking an easy road.

I don't know 'why' really, but it seems I'm very obsessive over a lot of things. I like being in control of situations and doing them myself and I have a hard time thinking that other people will do things right when I'm not there doing them.

It gets worse when it gets to the point where your partner doesn't know what to tell you to help and/or gets frustrated because you continue to worry.

^^U Any suggestions as to what I could do or don't? It usually goes that I worry, voice my worry to my partner (a lot of times, because she doesn't know what to do to assure me it'll be fine), and my partner gets frustrated, which ends up making me feel depressed and 'unloved'.

I know probably most of these things is somehow my doing, maybe I'm exaggerating and making them bigger in my mind, but still...has anyone experienced this? How do you cope with it? And mostly what can I do? I feel quite alone on it, since I can't go to my parents and my partner...well, I'm ending up just wanting to reserve my worries now because it ends up with her frustrated when I constantly tell her that I worry and it ends up in an argument.

Any advice? (Please, no suggestions of going to a therapist. I really don't have the money to go to one.)

Thank you DonaldDuck354 for redirecting me here!

I don't know 'why' really, but it seems I'm very obsessive over a lot of things. I like being in control of situations and doing them myself and I have a hard time thinking that other people will do things right when I'm not there doing them.

It gets worse when it gets to the point where your partner doesn't know what to tell you to help and/or gets frustrated because you continue to worry.

^^U Any suggestions as to what I could do or don't? It usually goes that I worry, voice my worry to my partner (a lot of times, because she doesn't know what to do to assure me it'll be fine), and my partner gets frustrated, which ends up making me feel depressed and 'unloved'.

I know probably most of these things is somehow my doing, maybe I'm exaggerating and making them bigger in my mind, but still...has anyone experienced this? How do you cope with it? And mostly what can I do? I feel quite alone on it, since I can't go to my parents and my partner...well, I'm ending up just wanting to reserve my worries now because it ends up with her frustrated when I constantly tell her that I worry and it ends up in an argument.

Any advice? (Please, no suggestions of going to a therapist. I really don't have the money to go to one.)

Thank you DonaldDuck354 for redirecting me here!

You are so welcome to join this thread.The more the better too help others with this problem.We are here too help,I promise>>>>:grouphug:

Dance! I find anything I do in evenings dancing or music wise cheers me up unfortunately I don't get to do it alot

I find that a cup of chamomile tea and yoga go a long way. The more I exercise the better I feel on so many levels. Has anyone tried Valerian Root? I have heard from several people that they have had success with it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter