• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anxiety/OCD in the World?

Restaurants make me nervous too. I think its the being surrounded by strangers and not moving thing. I also have tons of issues with fears of rejection that send me into a huge panic sometimes so I don't like setting myself up for "NO". Sounds strange but I don't like failing and if I ask if they can do something or have something and they say no my heart starts racing and I feel like I am beet red. Everyone I know thinks it's insane, but it's me... keeping busy helps, so I message and call my mom too. Most of the time my DH is understanding about it, but sometimes he gets agitated and snaps.

I have rides that set me off sometimes too. Indiana Jones the ride att DL can be one for me, because I start having fears of accidents and it sets off my doom thoughts. Lame I know but true. Space mountain can do it too. In general its a roller coaster thing.

I agree with staying onsite. We aren't this time and I know worrying about not being able to leave when I want or putting others out if they want to leave is amping up my anxiety. I am pretty sure it's onsite again after my September trip.

I always bring home items but some of these are GREAT ideas! My MIL showed me rescue remedy years ago and I have used it when I am with her. I should buy myself some! I bring stuffed animals (disney ones always pal mickey and my stitch that says "I love you" and answers you...They both play games and stitch tells jokes...hahaha...) my OCD goes off when I pack! I think I am forgetting things if I don't overpack:eek: I think comfy clothes are a good idea too!

I want to try watching Wishes from Poly. I have done the boat and seen it from right up front at the castle and this seems very peaceful. My friend's family was complaining about the cast members and the people who were watching the show and how packed it was. I mentioned Poly and they seem to think it's a good idea, which is exciting to me.

Thanks for all the great tips:worship:

You're welcome! :thumbsup2

The Poly was great. We ate at Kona beforehand. I wasn't so sure about it because when we got there it looked like we were out in the middle of the lobby- kinda weird. But the food was great, and the chef was AWESOME about working with our food allergies. DH suggested that I sit where I can see outside and see the monorail going by, and watching that helped a lot too. I actually think the restaurant being OPEN allowed me to relax some. It was the first restaurant of the trip (after having a meltdown at the Wave and Raglan Road...that was fun...) that I was actually able to EAT. I still needed the ipod a little bit, but I at least was able to sit in the restaurant like a "normal person". Afterward, even though dinner was great, I was more than ready to leave. We went down to the first floor of the Poly and looked at that BIG floral/waterfall thing in the lobby. I love waterfalls, so this was fun to look at for a while. We decided to head outside to get a "good seat". We were about 35 minutes early (or so) and watched a bit of the poolside movie and played "tic tac toe" and drew pictures in the sand. I think DH and I must be 5 years old HAHA. Wishes started and it was the MOST relaxed I had been up until that point in the trip. Lawn chair, wishes, beach.... it doesn't get much better. We're planning on doing it again next year.

Here are some (blurry not so good) pictures:

308178_587932052839_1223346263_n.jpg

296702_587932217509_1312666861_n.jpg

316116_587932332279_252961795_n.jpg

299942_587932551839_1909612551_n.jpg

301666_587932856229_1458874605_n.jpg

298183_587932966009_548318509_n.jpg

297895_587933030879_412937421_n.jpg

yep, definitely gonna have to watch wishes from the beach. Much calmer than in the park it looks like.

yep, definitely gonna have to watch wishes from the beach. Much calmer than in the park it looks like.

Hubs and I were taking a walk yesterday and he said "we totally need to do that again next trip!"

Yes, yes we do. :goodvibes

I have anxiety disorder and greatly enjoyed Disney World recently. (I take a daily SSRI, which has had a very positive life-changing effect.)

- We went in January, which is "off-season", when there are fewer people.
- The Polynesian resort was quite relaxing. Never felt closed-in, and the Kona restaurant wasn't horribly crowded or loud.
- Epcot has a very low population density, so it was fine.
- The Magic Kingdom was mostly very good. HOWEVER, if crowds are a problem for you (they are for me), then I recommend the following:
- Avoid Main Street during parade time. It will be PACKED. Hang out in the back of the park during this time, and enjoy the low population density. :)
- Leaving the park via monorail during/right-after the parade can cause being stuck within a very large crowd of people for fifteen minutes. A few hundred people were fed into the monorail waiting area. This is one of those situations where the people behind you may be bumping into you, and you can end up 10+ people "deep" in all directions. However, this is Disney World, so the people are more polite than usual which can help. Not a lot of pushing. Once I finally boarded the monorail, our was extremely crowded. I was standing in the center of the car, and there were people standing on all sides of me, and some were pressed up against me. This was unpleasant but tolerable, until the monorail stopped mid-journey. We were stopped for about two minutes. If I didn't have Clonazepam, I may have add an anxiety attack.

Edit: I apologize that my post was originally half-done. The "post" button must have malfunctioned.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter