• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any New Info about the Disney Treasure?

I herd the treasure should start sailing around June/July 2024, does everyone think this sounds about right?

also do u think it will go on sale at the realise of the next cruises or could it be separate and go on sale for treasure only?
I think rumor is late fall or even winter. I would not expect her to release for summer next year. Most likely it'll be a separate release. They'll likely release that "quarters" cruises then a few weeks later release the Treasure bookings

Disney Treasure Stern featuring Peter Pan and Captain Hook

IMG_1226.jpeg

This Disney Treasure update is coming to you from Celebration, Florida, the headquarters for Disney Cruise Line. Today, the Disney Cruise Line team is thrilled to be debuting an artist rendering of the ship’s stern for the very first time! For 25 years, each ship in the fleet has been adorned with characters from beloved Disney stories. The Disney Treasure will follow this tradition with its own signature character sculptures that honor the ship’s motif of adventure, Peter Pan and Captain Hook. Harnessing the power of Tinker Bell’s pixie dust, Peter Pan will levitate next to the Disney Treasure to add the finishing touch to the ship’s stern filigree. Meanwhile, Peter Pan’s longtime rival, Captain Hook can be seen leaning out a porthole with a vengeful expression on his face. Paintbrush and paint bucket in hand, Peter Pan sports a mischievous grin as he glances back at Captain Hook, who is dripping in yellow paint.

Disney Treasure Ship’s Log

So, I don't think so for 2 reasons. 1 - Lighthouse Point is coming out and they're going to want all the focus to be on that or the first few months. 2 - the Fantasy stops doing its standard 7 day schedule in mid October.

A few weeks ago, I think I predicted October and I'm going to stand by early to mid Fall.

They will release it on its own, as they did the Wish, because there will be a lot of bookings.
And add to that, the Treasure was listed as the ship in port at Grand Cayman starting in December 2024. That was since changed to the Fantasy (unclear whether it was an error or DCL retracted, not wanting to let the cat out of the bag). So I say late fall.

So, I don't think so for 2 reasons. 1 - Lighthouse Point is coming out and they're going to want all the focus to be on that or the first few months. 2 - the Fantasy stops doing its standard 7 day schedule in mid October.

A few weeks ago, I think I predicted October and I'm going to stand by early to mid Fall.

They will release it on its own, as they did the Wish, because there will be a lot of bookings.
I'm thinking October or November myself

I'm really hoping it's late fall/winter because I want to try to take a trip on the Treasure in February 2025 and I'm hoping we can still catch the "inaugural sailings"

I am really disappointed that Disney chose to put a weapon in such a prominent spot on the ship.
And a character who was literally trying to harm children.

There were so many other options that would have been fantastic.
That's an interesting point, I hadn't thought about that. This is the first time we've seen a villain featured on the stern, yes?

That's an interesting point, I hadn't thought about that. This is the first time we've seen a villain featured on the stern, yes?
Huey on the stern of the Wonder is up to no good, and carrying a prohibited item that no guest would be allowed to bring on board. In fact, toy pirate swords ARE allowed to be brought onboard.

I'm really hoping it's late fall/winter because I want to try to take a trip on the Treasure in February 2025 and I'm hoping we can still catch the "inaugural sailings"
Inaugural sailings are the first year, I believe. So if the Treasure sails anytime second half of 2024 you should be good catching an inaugural sailing in February 2025.

Inaugural sailings are the first year, I believe. So if the Treasure sails anytime second half of 2024 you should be good catching an inaugural sailing in February 2025.
So we were on the Wish in January (so about 7 months out) and we still got some cool merchandise in our room, but I heard a few weeks after that they ran out. But yes, a Fall inaugural, would definitely make February a good time. I am hoping/planning for January.

So we were on the Wish in January (so about 7 months out) and we still got some cool merchandise in our room, but I heard a few weeks after that they ran out. But yes, a Fall inaugural, would definitely make February a good time. I am hoping/planning for January.
That is right they ran out, I went in April. Still got inaugural shirt and cup I wanted though

I crushed the 16th-20th 4 night and I think the four night the week later was back to the sling bag for castaway gift

I crushed the 16th-20th 4 night and I think the four night the week later was back to the sling bag for castaway gift
The four night cruise on the 23rd Jan got the Inaugural gifts. The three night on 27th Jan got the regular gifts. I did B2B so got both.

The art looks awesome! Can't wait to see more. IMO I think its awesome they're incorporating a Villian on the ship. Villians are super popular in the parks but almost non-existent on the ships.
Plus, Captain Hook is usually the only villain you can meet on the ships outside of Halloween, and is a nod to Pirate Night. Definitely think they are the perfect duo for the Treasure

Plus, Captain Hook is usually the only villain you can meet on the ships outside of Halloween, and is a nod to Pirate Night. Definitely think they are the perfect duo for the Treasure
Yes very on theme for the adventure land vibe I've been getting too :) Only thing that could have made it even better is having tinkerbell incorporated somehow

Yes very on theme for the adventure land vibe I've been getting too :) Only thing that could have made it even better is having tinkerbell incorporated somehow
I suppose they could install a series of lights in the hull that could light up in darker hours to show Tink flitting around.

Huey on the stern of the Wonder is up to no good, and carrying a prohibited item that no guest would be allowed to bring on board. In fact, toy pirate swords ARE allowed to be brought onboard.
They also sell them onboard or they used to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter