Anyone attempting to go to Galaxy's Edge in the first few months/year of opening? Do you have a plan/strategy?

What's your Galaxy's Edge Strategy?

• Total voters
I have a Savi and Oga reservation for September 20. I already had FPs for HS that day. I think am still going to take advantage of the extra morning magic hours. Try to get a few rides on the falcon, then head over Toy Story Land. Interesting to see the logistics of everything once it opens. Stuff like the lightsaber I build get sent to my onsite hotel via the package serve. I don’t really want to carry it around the park and rides.

Well now we have reservations at Oga's and Droid Depot, so it looks like we are spending the afternoon/evening in GE on 11/29!

Using park hoppers Plan to visit on oct 23 during the extra magic 6-9am hours to do the ride and check out the area then probably hit another park take a little break

Then I made reservations to go back later at night 9pm I think for my son and I to build a light saber
hoping for the best as far as crowds go

I wanna try to get everyone's opinion if this is doable or if I'm out of my mind. Doing the parks 1 day on 9/5. My buddy has never been to HS/AK and hasn't been to Epcot in 20 years, and huge star wars fan. We're gonna try to do all this in the one day.

Arrive around 5 (maybe a tad later pending reports on first few days in Sept). Ride SR, walk around the land.
Pending how long that takes, then ride SSD, maybe TSM (pending what time it is and wait times), and RnRC (hopefully all before 9).
FP for ToT at 9am
Oga's Cantina res at 1015am
Ride SR again if wait time isn't absurd, walk around some more
Go to AK (hopefully before Noon), try to get a FP for FoP (probably won't ride it if can't snag one)
Ride Everest maybe Dinosaur for the hell of it
Head to Epcot for F&W try to do Test Track and Spaceship Earth
Hope to be done with all that before 7

We know it's gonna be a long day

Not going to avoid it, and as we are doing our first official DVC stay in mid-december, will try and take it in as best we can. We'll be there 6 nights. Spreading out the pain (waits) at park open/close should limit things accordingly

We'll be walking / sky-lining from BWV area. Very excited to have landed Oga's Cantina mid day for the middle of our trip and that Rise is opening the week prior to our arrival.

Crossing fingers that Rise doesn't make it too insane, but at the worst, we'll break up any the various experiences as Wait times allow.

I won't spend a day waiting 4 hours for each experience, but I think for Rise , will be willing whatever it takes to at least do it initially, repeat rides early, early or park close if it's that good.

Based on the DL crowds, I think experiencing the land / shops / food shouldn't be too bad by themselves.

As an old-ee - who saw Star Wars opening night as a 13 year old , I'm excited to take it in. The other end of the spectrum is having a 25 year old, who grew up with the prequels, and loved Darth Maul and light sabers... Chances slim that we don't slip into Savi's if we can at some point....

Last edited:
Going on the 4th September, just 1 day. Staying off site so get there for 8am, inn at 9am and straight to GE. Try and do SR by midday / 1pm. My FP all in the afternoon

SWGE: It maybe worth a walk-through, but beyond that...

Not really a big Star Wars fan; if the only things there from the original three movies are the Millennium Falcon and various other spaceships, then it won't hold my interest enough to spend a lot of time there. Only if C3PO, R2D2 or Chewbacca are there for character interaction could it be possibly worthwhile. Sorry, but the Ewoks and Jar-Jar Binks destroyed any type of connection I could have had with any of the later Star Wars characters.

Lucas should have stopped at The Return of the Jedi.

My plans keep changing for my Sept 1 DHS day! I now have a 9:05 reservation for Oga's (boozy coffee for me 😂), a Savi's reservation for my two kids at 10:30am with the parents watching, and a Droid reservation for the two kids at 11:20am. Once I discussed this with my family, we might make the decision to cancel the droid reservation to save on costs. I think we are more interested in the saber experience. Now I am trying to determine if we need to go early for the first early morning, as we still want to ride MF, which still might be a good idea. What are people thinking? Will people be focused on trying to get into Savi's and Oga's in those three hours if they don't have a reservation? I am going to have to be flexible, and I just cannot handle not planning this out :)

Just getting into planning for our Oct30-Nov9 trip, and planned to use those first few days of EEMH to tour....don't care about building light sabers, droids, or seeing the dining--just want to ride MF and tour the area. What is the VQ option I've read about a couple times? Do you get a return time when you try to ride--or is this somethign done on the app?

Just getting into planning for our Oct30-Nov9 trip, and planned to use those first few days of EEMH to tour....don't care about building light sabers, droids, or seeing the dining--just want to ride MF and tour the area. What is the VQ option I've read about a couple times? Do you get a return time when you try to ride--or is this somethign done on the app?

Currently the only thing they have planned is the reservation system.....but nothing yet as far as a VQ.....

Currently the only thing they have planned is the reservation system.....but nothing yet as far as a VQ.....

Ok--I didn't even know about the Reservation System, as I thought that was only DL. Can you explain it to me, or give me a link to read about it?

By reservation system, they probably mean having reservations to one of the three activities that currently allows one - Oga's Cantina, the Droid Depot or Savi's Workshop. You're kind of obligated to buy some merchandise for the latter two.

VQ is only used at Disneyland right now, and not all the time, there isn't any provision for a VQ or land entry reservations at WDW - yet.

When it's used at Disneyland, you do get a return time, but you have to actually be in the park to reserve one.

By reservation system, they probably mean having reservations to one of the three activities that currently allows one - Oga's Cantina, the Droid Depot or Savi's Workshop. You're kind of obligated to buy some merchandise for the latter two.

VQ is only used at Disneyland right now, and not all the time, there isn't any provision for a VQ or land entry reservations at WDW - yet.

When it's used at Disneyland, you do get a return time, but you have to actually be in the park to reserve one.
Yeah, i didn't think there was a ride ressie system yet. No interest in those places with the ressie--so I guess we will plan on being there before 6AM on our first couple days.

I'm actually excited about building my own droid (it'll be an R2 since I am old school Star Wars), so I have the droid depot at 9:15. Then Oga's at 12:25. I am assuming I get to stay in GE between building my droid and drinking at Oga's. Not expecting to do the ride that day, but if it happens, OK. 8/30

We'll be at HS on 11/5 and only have until 1 pm. As of now the park opens at 9, though we're hoping that changes. We'll get there an hour before opening, maybe more if they're letting people into SWGE before the official opening time. We're hoping to go right to SR and ride it before our 10 am Oga's reservation. Then we'll walk around the land a bit before we go use our FPs. I'm planning to schedule them for 10:30, 11:30, and 12:30. Unless they open before 9, that may be all we have time for.

I'm going on 11/10, so just a week after the 6am opening stops as of now. I have reservations for the droid build at 10 and Savi's at 11:45. My plan is to get there for rope drop (8AM for onsite guests). Ride MFSR before building the droid and then Savi's.

If by chance they decide to extend the 6AM openings, we probably won't do rope drop, but get to HS around 7. Would probably do RnR and TOT first, then head to GE. I figure, since we have the reservations, and most people will likely hit MFSR first thing, that hopefully when we finally get to GE around 8:30 most onsite guests that did the rope drop have already ridden MFSR and won't be as long as a wait since offsite guests would not have arrived yet.

I hope I'm doing this right, I've only ever been to WDW once before this as an adult in 2018.
Our trip is seven days starting Jan 28th-Feb 3rd. Flying home on the fourth. The first day is gonna be crazy, 7am flight, check in, grocery delivery so honestly all I planned for that day was maybe burning some MK fastpasses. the 29th we rope drop HS as early as it takes to ride at least Rise of the Resistance. That's all we'll get to do because we have to get our butts back to MK by 11 for a lunch reservation but hopefully we get our feet wet in Galaxy's edge, get to try the datapad and know whether we want to blow a ton of time in the land. 30th we have the Bon Voyage breakfast but then spend the entire evening at HS. Can always hop in the line for a ride at close if we have to. Planning on blowing my fastpasses on a toy story ride, Fantasmic, and one other thing. We can't do thrill rides so I don't care for ToT or the coasters.

So between the two days this gave us a full day at HS BUT I overthought it and the 2nd I planned HS rope drop and managed a 9:35 droid depot for me, a 10:25 Savi's for hubs, then an 11:45 Oga's for a drink and atmosphere. If I'm really cautious I'm hoping we can sneak a ride in before droids :D. Just have to be at BOMA by 5pm for dinner. I'm pretty confident we'll get to ride each of the two rides once, and get to try the snacks we want... of course I have to cover toy story land as well ;_;

SWGE: It maybe worth a walk-through, but beyond that...

Not really a big Star Wars fan; if the only things there from the original three movies are the Millennium Falcon and various other spaceships, then it won't hold my interest enough to spend a lot of time there. Only if C3PO, R2D2 or Chewbacca are there for character interaction could it be possibly worthwhile. Sorry, but the Ewoks and Jar-Jar Binks destroyed any type of connection I could have had with any of the later Star Wars characters.

Lucas should have stopped at The Return of the Jedi.

You can already meet Chewbacca in launch bay- I would assume you’ll still be able to meet him in two weeks

Mid-October trip, tried to plan it on the one weekday that Magic Kingdom doesn't have a Halloween party hoping some people opt for the longer day there. Still waiting on whether we should go straight for MFSR until the land opens and depending on how the crowd is when we first arrive. I made no other ADRs that day so I'm hoping I can trying Ronto Roasters and Docking Bay 7 since I'm not really a fan of other HS quick service options.

We managed to get the three reservations a little later in the morning but I made them two hours apart, since I don't know how long the building takes.

If we are going Tuesday 9/7 and we just want to walk though we shouldn’t need EEMH right? We might still actually use the early time to do SDD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter