Anyone else not know many/any other DVC members?

My older sister purchased in 2003, and got me thinking when our oldest was a year old. She’s in Jersey. Bought in a few months later. We were in NJ at the time.

We invited family and DH’s best friend to BWV during a commitment ceremony. DH’s best friend has been going to Disney cash at the deluxe resorts. He bought a year later. They live in central PA.

My brother bought last year. He’s in NJ.

My building neighbor in Philly (a 45 story building with over 300 units) was an original OKW owner. We were talking on the elevator and it came up!

My next door neighbor in central rural PA was a BCV and Vero owner, but sold soon after we met. We lived next door for 4yrs- they helped us with much needed snow removal. Love our fellow DVC members!

So maybe the whole NJ/NY/PA thing and DVC is pretty much spot on!!

:love:Two families! One, friends. And when I went to ask my financial advisor his opinion on a purchase he told me his family owns and he highly recommends it and has never regretted it! HA!

bit of a "stigma" to TS,
Funny you say this - I was talking with my boss yesterday telling her about upcoming time off I have planned and she was surprised that i was going to Disney again (just went in April), so i mentioned we have a timeshare and we has some extra points that we could use. Using the word timeshare did make me feel uncomfortable because when i hear it i typically think of the timeshares people get roped into buying an expensive timeshare during the high pressure meetings. Then left paying a lot of money for a mediocre resort. But I feel DVC is different, maybe it isn't but in my eyes it provides a good value for what we paid resale.

But I feel DVC is different, maybe it isn't but in my eyes it provides a good value for what we paid resale.

:cutie: Well, I bought in the early 90's when my kids were small, and it has been one of the best things I've ever done. So I think you will love it more too as the years go by. ::yes:: We have had some amazing trips for which I never would have paid that kind of money out of pocket ( or simply could not have afforded). For example, I have an OV GV at Aulani booked for next year. I checked the rate for our dates we have booked and with all the taxes it would be over $20,000. :scared1:

My friend is also an owner. We tend to travel together and then go separately on family trips.
I live in AZ, so don't met many

We have some friends we met through my son's little league football team about 12 years ago who are members. A girl I work with has a sister who is a member. And a girl from my last job was the daughter of owners. We have some other friends who go about once a year and I asked if they were members ...they are not ...they have a different time share so they stay off site. Anytime I meet someone who goes often, I wonder if they are member...lol!

Not sure what part of the country you're from, but some states have lower numbers of members. If you are from NJ or NY, I would be very surprised if you had never met any members as those 2 states have a very high percentage of DVC members in comparison to other states. :cutie:

We live in TX, which may have more DVC members near Houston or DFW, but not way down here. You mentioned NY-ironically my DS lives in NY and introduced us to his GF last year. Within a few minutes, I'd found out that her parents are DVC members! So she's definitely a keeper. They're retired in FLA now, and when they first moved there, their house wasn't ready so they stayed at Vero Beach. She doesn't lie around here, though, so I didn't count her (sorry, Lindsay!)

I know a couple. One co-worker (well sort of, sat next to each other, but do not actually work together) - she has discussed with me first and then bought Aulani and loves her trips there. Another former co-worker (also good friend) had a cousin who owned DVC and wanted to unload it, so my friend bought it from her. It is either HHI or Vero as I recall. She uses it when they are in FL for the winters for a few days here and there and to meet up with me in March. And then yet another co-worker (who I talk to all the time but have never met) told me her parents own (and were like the first people from PA to buy) and they go down with them pretty regularly. One other co-worker(again talk to on the phone, but never met in person) is renting points this fall and hoping her new husband falls in love with Disney so they can buy in!

I also have a few good friends I have met online (and most in person now too) that own DVC. Some of them are the ones that convinced me to buy in.

Kristin

Of course, I'm not counting the people you may have met here or when you were at DVC resorts. But we've been members for over 15 years, and yet I've only met 2 other DVC members in every day life. One was my dentist, and the other was someone I ran into wearing a "Member's Cruise" shirt.

Our good friends were DVC Members in the early to mid 90's...way before we were. And then parents of someone my daughter went to school with, they purchased in Hawaii.

Sometimes second cousins are not aware of each other. Five years ago a death in the family happened and we met these cousins who have owned DVC SINCE 1991! Then it turns out they own a house in Wildwood Crest, we owned in Cape May NJ, and we have been fast friends ever since! We are going on the Bermuda MC together next year, and we are headed to Aulani together next month.
Hi Bobbi! I am your second cousin, too. :cutie: :)

I think the only member I've ever met in person is a girl who spotted my sister's Disney Dooney when we walked into a leather store where she worked and I only saw her that one time... It's fun being an owner in Calgary lol

After purchasing, we found out that our cousins that are also members and we didn't know. A guy at my work was a member but had sold right before I started.

Just my sister! But I run into a ton of peeps who know all about it, but haven't taken the plunge.

yes, a neighbor and few others. I had someone sit next to me on a plane because I was wearing a DVC shirt and she thought I would be fun to sit next to and talk Disney.

Sadly no. However, I was asked for advice by a friend of my nephew who was considering purchasing, deciding between direct and resale. I directed her to the Disboards. No place anywhere has more info than here. I don't know if she purchased, I'll have to get back in touch. Of course I don't really know her, so...

I know a fair amount of people who travel to Disney on a regular basis and most of those know about DVC, but I don't know any actual owners.

I had someone sit next to me on a plane because I was wearing a DVC shirt and she thought I would be fun to sit next to and talk Disney.

And if you're anything like me you probably just hated that.:rotfl:
Yeah, right-talk Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter