Anyone else not know many/any other DVC members?

I have a good friend who owns at several resorts and is a TA. There is a nurse I met the other day who owns and a medical rep who owns--only because they had been to Disney and I like to ask people where they stayed. We are traveling to Kidani next July with DH's BFF and his family and have rented a 2 bedroom dedicated. We had been inviting them for years. She recently called my husband and asked if they could go with us...sure we said...seems a good friend of hers had just returned, she told the friend we owned and had been asking them to go...the friend told her she was NUTS, if she didn't accept a trip to stay at AKV....LOL I can't wait for them to experience this with us...

We know a few - SSR owners who are the parents of a good work friend; her sister and brother-in-law own at BCV. The nurse at the school where my brother teaches owns at BWV (and her sister on the west coast owns at the Grand Californian!). And I bump into a cashier at our supermarket now and then who I learned also owns at OKW through casual conversation.

yes many friends and family its a great community. almost like belonging to a fraternity

Two co-workers. One for years. One I just found out about a few months ago. Two sets of friends - one was a referral. The referral has since sold - going to Disney became too 'trailer' for their working class roots. They can only travel international first class now. Think $7,000 Parisian purses and a child that can *only* enjoy cookies that cost $60/doz. In their spare time, they worry endlessly about how much their taxes are or are going to be or were last year.
Whenever I see the logo, I want to follow the car. Finally put one on my own car a few months ago.

From the UK the chances of knowing another DVC owner are slim, but I found a work colleague who is one.

I know several, there are several of us at work. I live in the greater Cincinnati area. i also know a couple members who live locally but don't work with me. I know several in the Northeast also due to my company headquarters being in that area. I think we maybe drawn to others with similar interests so maybe that is why we keep meeting other members.

A coworker, a family member, and then we also met some people while at a flower show since we had brought our Epcot Flower and Garden Festival bags to the show and that was a conversation starter.

Not a single soul. Surprisingly, every person I’ve taken with me these last 19 years have expressed what a wonderful thing DVC is compared to other timeshares but none have ever bought. I’d like to say it’s their loss, but the bunch of freeloaders are still benefiting from mine! Honestly, being able to share my DVC with close friends and family, is truly the best perk!

Last edited:
We knew one other couple but we no longer live in the same city. I have made some friends through the Dis, some of whom are DVC owners and of course we get together as often as we can to discuss Disney. There are a couple of friendly Dis-ers I know only through the boards (never met) but we can exchange emails and PMs like we're long lost family:)

Knew quite a few when I worked. Now that I'm retired at a 55+ Community, I have run into quite a few more.

I met an elderly woman at the county swimming pool near my house, due to her having DVC merchandise.
It's been eye opening: She mostly uses her points for cruises. She is fairly oblivious to any DVC perquisites or WDW news; she told me her son and daughter in law want to take their baby to WDW next year, so she is going with them on points. I mentioned that she should check out Moonlight Magic dates, and she had no idea what I was talking about. I said these events have replaced Welcome Home Wednesdays. She never heard of that. I told her it was held on the boardwalk, etc. She mentioned that one of her contracts was for BWV, and said she'd have to check out Welcome Home Wednesday next time . . .

I have co-workers in other offices who are members. I did not have any personal friends who were members until I joined. Once I took the leap other friends and relatives did, too.

Several other teachers at the school I teach at are DVC members. Also, several of my students in the past have been DVC.
I met my best friend on this DVC forum back in 2008. Our families have travelled to WDW together for several vacations over the years.

I met an elderly woman at the county swimming pool near my house, due to her having DVC merchandise.
She is fairly oblivious to any DVC perquisites or WDW news; she told me her son and daughter in law want to take their baby to WDW next year, so she is going with them on points. I mentioned that she should check out Moonlight Magic dates, and she had no idea what I was talking about. I said these events have replaced Welcome Home Wednesdays. She never heard of that. I told her it was held on the boardwalk, etc. She mentioned that one of her contracts was for BWV, and said she'd have to check out Welcome Home Wednesday next time . . .
Just spoke to this lady again today. She was surprised to learn that laundry facilities are available for free for DVC owners!

We don't know any other members. We also don't know anyone that likes to go as often as we do, although there are some that will join us / meet up with us occasionally. Most of our friends think it has to be a jam-packed, stressful, and exhausting vacation and I keep telling them that it doesn't have to be! Also, many of them (especially those from California) don't really understand the difference between DLR and WDW and are surprised that we go to WDW so often when it's on the opposite coast.

We live in a tourist destination, and we just walked our dog around the block and we passed a car parked in front of a unit from Buffalo NY, and it had a WDW AP magnet on it. Will be walking more withban eye to meet the family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter