• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else not know many/any other DVC members?

We've been members since Day 1 at OKW. (Now own at PVB, VGF, BRV, and SSR also) Other than at a DVC Resort/WDW, we've never met another DVC Member. :)

2 - one person I've known for years and didn't know until recently she was. And the other was someone I used to work with.

Yes I have met several!! It is so fun to meet up because once you do you feel like you've known them all your life! ( waves at Bobbiwoz :) )

Three:
1. someone my DH used to work with
2. someone I used to work with (Actually, it was her parents that were members.)
3. my niece who just bought in last year

Someone we knew for years in a completely different context bought OKW when it was new and has added on. We actually met up at WDW one time because she's retired, a widow, and goes several times a year now, sometimes alone, sometimes with friends, and sometimes with grandkids. Another person I knew was a Disney fan for a long time, and it turns out he'd bought AKV direct. We now own more points than they do; they're still trucking along on 100 points. Another friend is also a Disney fan who bought a few months after we did. We've been egging each other on (she found our 1st VGF contract for us because we were scouring the broker sites at the same time). All in the NJ/NY/PA area. DH knows about 3 other friends from work who bought in at various times.

Oh, and we met a few friends on the Disney cruise who are DVCers. One friend is over 1000 points but he inherited them (all direct, his parents bought them when he was a kid) and uses them for cruises and GVs.

We have 3-4 other friends who have been considering it but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Not sure if they will, or if they'll just end up occasional freeloaders, haha. One family cruises with DCL every year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter