Anyone getting insane amounts of pop ups?

runwad

Dis Veteran
Yes! I just noticed the past couple days when I access the site from my phone. I have an ad blocker on my computer so no problems there.

JeanfromBNA

"Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!"
I downloaded AdGuard from their website and that has squashed the pop-ups like a bug. I think it's a trial version, so eventually I'll have to pay, but the licenses are reasonably priced. FYI, if you use Chrome, Google will "warn" you, but from my research, that's because AdGuard works too well. Google Play store has a weaker version of it. They have Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS versions.

• Boardwalk III

DIS Veteran
    I just posted a separate thread on this. It’s been horrible, and yes DIS is the only site that is having this issue. I just cleared my browsing history on both my iPad and iPhone which means I now have to re-enter passwords for all the sites I use. And my guess is the pop-ups will return. Very disappointing!

Planogirl

I feel the nerd in me stirring
    These popups had stopped for me but they've been bad again today. Most are blocked but even the block notifications cause me to end up at the bottom of the thread over and over.

danikoski

DIS Veteran
    It's been awful today. I did go in a change my settings and blocked pop ups from Facebook, and that seems to have helped some. However, whenever my phone blocks an ad, it jumps to the bottom of the thread page...kind of annoying, but not as bad as the pop ups.

• Dan Murphy

We are family.
    Repeat for me.
    Yep. This has been a complaint of mine for ages though it did seem better for a bit. It has definitely gotten awful the past week or so.

And yes, I know I can use an an blocker but the DIS is the ONLY site I visit that has this issue. The problem isn't my phone. The problem isn't my browser. The problem is clearly with the DIS and something they do or some setting they use. It would be nice if they would fix it.

eva

Often uses her unique ability to close threads.
    I’m having an awful time with it lately. And the DIS is the only site I ever have this happen. I have a newer IPad and the pop up blocker is turned on in Safari.

• Dan Murphy

We are family.
    I would love to let the DIS get the ad revenue for hosting this site, but the popups were intolerable and there was no response from management, so now I’ve downloaded an ad blocker. Problem solved.
    Is it an adblocker for an Android phone? I use adblocker on my desktop, and that works great. But have not found any for phone, where the popups are incredible.

PerfessorZ

DIS Veteran
    Is it an adblocker for an Android phone? I use adblocker on my desktop, and that works great. But have not found any for phone, where the popups are incredible.
    iOS, actually. But I’d have to imagine the Google Play store has plenty that will work with Chrome.

eva

Hooray! I installed Norton’s Ad Blocker on my iPad this morning. Not a pop up all day! Thanks all for the advice!

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
    For maybe a week I’ve occasionally not been able to even view the boards from my iPhone. Half of the time the pop ups open a new window and tell me I won something, and half of the time it takes over my current window and I have to close it and open the page again. Then it happens again. And again. It is only when on the dis, amd I am on tons of other pages from my phone. These aren’t like regular ads, like for things I’ve been looking at or searching for recently,
    which I am used to, they seem like a more malicious type trying to convince me I have a virus or need to do something to win a prize, etc... I don’t understand why it isn’t being addressed?! Telling me to figure out an ad blocker isn’t addressing it, and I don’t see why I need to figure it out when it’s only this site. I’ve read about it on so many threads I followed that I finally came over here to post.

eva

For maybe a week I’ve occasionally not been able to even view the boards from my iPhone. Half of the time the pop ups open a new window and tell me I won something, and half of the time it takes over my current window and I have to close it and open the page again. Then it happens again. And again. It is only when on the dis, amd I am on tons of other pages from my phone. These aren’t like regular ads, like for things I’ve been looking at or searching for recently,
    which I am used to, they seem like a more malicious type trying to convince me I have a virus or need to do something to win a prize, etc... I don’t understand why it isn’t being addressed?! Telling me to figure out an ad blocker isn’t addressing it, and I don’t see why I need to figure it out when it’s only this site. I’ve read about it on so many threads I followed that I finally came over here to post.
    Try that Norton Ad Blocker. Works great on my iPhone and iPad.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates