Anyone watching Manifest?

So....I watched the few episodes and then went on vacation and missed the last 2 episodes. Almost didn't watch them as I was that unimpressed with this show. But watched some today and I just can't watch anymore. I'm out. Such ridiculous plot scenarios (Michaela bringing her brother onto a murder scene...the flight attendant stowing away a guy on the flight...last bit is the dad doing math to see how to get that $500K back and my cable box cut out so I didn't see where that was going but seems ridiculous and I won't continue playing the episode when my box reboots). Also the acting is a big FAT stinker...thumbs down.

Most police shows do have some things happening at crime scenes that cops will tell you doesn't happen so while out there for real life, not for TV police work. The stow away was a little "life time movie" esque. I will give ya that! lol. And the math part, that is what he does. He teaches math at a college doesn't he? He was trying to figure out how they could pay it back and since she doesn't have a business loan, they could get one. Not really that ridiculous at all.

I mean every show isn't for everyone so not really a big deal if you don't like it. Just saying its not as ridiculous as you make it sound. Not really.

My DH is an actuary and one time, we we were financially strapped, he didn't get out the chalk board a la 'Sheldon Copper' to do math and then come to conclusion...Oh yeah, we can take out small business loan. And then I wouldn't say sexy math and fall into his arms. NOT. LOL.

Last edited:
My DH is an actuary and one time, we we were financially strapped, he didn't get out the chalk board a la 'Shledon Copper' to do math and then come to conclusion...Oh yeah, we can take out small business loan. And then I wouldn't say sexy math and fall into his arms. NOT. LOL.

The "sexy math" was a bit silly. LOL. Although if I was married to Josh Dallas, I might say something like that.

Well so far not canceled, NBC ordered the full season yesterday. We are still watching, and a few things are interesting, but some of it is just silly.

I’m caught up with watching but not all that impressed. The main girl - I can’t put my finger on it - just not the right person to be playing the part. I just don’t * like* her. She’s too young and not very believable.

Still not sure I can believe she drank, killed her friend in an accident, then PRESTO! Got her job back as a police officer. Apparently... I think she seems about twenty years old.

Of course as soon as the wife said the returned husband would never have to meet the boyfriend... you KNEW they would meet!

I hope Ben actually ends up with the female dr.

Last edited:
I’m caught up with watching but not all that impressed. The main girl - I can’t put my finger on it - just not the right person to be playing the part. I just don’t * like* her. She’s too young and not very believable.

Still not sure I can believe she drank, killed her friend in an accident, then PRESTO! Got her job back as a police officer. Apparently... I think she seems about twenty years old.

Of course as soon as the wife said the returned husband would never have to meet the boyfriend... you KNEW they would meet!

I hope Ben actually ends up with the female dr.

I do wish they would explain the whole accident thing. It doesn’t make sense.

I do wish they would explain the whole accident thing. It doesn’t make sense.

I’m guessing she was under the legal limit and possibly not the cause of the accident (as in another car or animal or something) so she wasn’t criminally or civilly liable. It’s a bit of suspension disbelief.

Unless that specific scenario is important later, I think they could have come up with a simpler backstory for the main character to feel guilty and have some even blame her without being “guilty”

I was intrigued and was enjoying it. After last week, seems to have already jumped the shark.

During the summer, our family always wondered after the previews, how they were going to sustain for a season, let alone several seasons. The idea is fascinating for a 2 hour movie, but a series? I am sad that I think it is not going to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter