APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

This is such a mess. I just can't understand the total lack of foresight when setting it up to begin with or the complete failure to communicate properly now. Or why they keep adding just a couple only to have them crash a couple hours later - stop teasing us and actually fix it properly! Ugh.

The castle was my second pick from the original options, but since it's one of the ones currently listed as available, I went ahead and tried to get it anyway, since I guess there's no guarantee the Captain Marvel one will come back... and of course I'm just getting an error message when I try to finalize it.

Mine's for AP renewal, not a specific trip (I'm local), so thankfully I can keep using my old bands for now and there's no deadline for selecting my new one, but this is obnoxious.

I got an error message on my computer but was able to complete it on the app. This was yesterday. I received a shipping notice this morning.
Castle, Sorcerer Mickey and Thanos bands

I was just able to put through the order (only one my phone) for the white Minnie one, Darth Vader one, Haunted Mansion wall paper one and a Pirates one. Really wanted the snack one but oh well, settled for HM! :) Got the email confirmation....lets see what I get!

Rainbow Mickey and Epcot just appeared today so I just went to place my order...after an error message while trying to pay, only the rainbow band was ordered and it just abandoned the Epcot band I was getting at the same time...now I’m getting the 7 Dwarfs page error. I’ll try again later.

There are more options available right now. I still couldn’t get the castle to process but I just selected frozen and a Mickey band and it worked. I did get a confirmation. Now let’s see if they actually process and arrive

I just got two Donald's, female villains and Flynn Rider and it went through, and I got the confirmation. I am Canadian so my bands are not delivered to me but are at the resort when I arrive. So hoping we see the ones we are expecting when we get their in August!

Yay the page is temporary out of order lol I am having a great day today. I am truly laughing at this because this is the kind of day I am having.

Yesterday I was able to get our 2nd choices for 3 of our 4 bands and gave up on the 4th and went with gray. The preteen won't like anything I pick anyhow so she can decorate the gray to look like the Cheshire Cat. I thought about waiting but we are at 60 days and I don't want to assume Disney will get their act together in time.

Was able to get the haunted mansion - a really cool Toy story 4 characters band (with Forky and the new Bo Peep) and Darth Vader (even though I tried to get the Genie band - which would load as being assigned to a person & then delete when I went to process the order - GRRRRRRRRR). So, even though I didn't get the castle band I had that FOMO too, so I ordered now (versus waiting) & have to say I am pretty happy with the new Toy Story option.

Tell that to my nephew lol

My daughter is Stitch obsessed and she thought they weren't that great -- one was a pic of the back of him and the other was a blue band with sketch drawings of him on it. IMO neither really showed Stitch all that well.

Got an email 2 wks ago that my bands would be available at resort as an international guest.

Just got another saying oops outta stock. Here’s a code. They are seriously unintelligent. I can’t use the code. If they refund me I’ll lose money on the exchange rate. If I call I’ve got to deal with international phone rates. This is BS.
Bring everything you have received from them, any charges, etc when you get there and see if you can get them to make it right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter